What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

Put your political view aside, Selçuk Bayraktar is a very talented smart guy with perfect cv.Meanwhile hundreds of Bayraktar mini uav serving for armed forces...

I would be happy if Bayraktar strengthen their position. Which one would you prefer for marriage of RTE's daughter, a man with no education or a bright engineer with nice background(especially a man designing uav's for our army).

The one who tells me cat carries a screenshot from A haber with Mete Yarar quote on his avatar :D Do I need to tell anything about political view of Mete Yarar and A haber :D

@madmusti

Expected and reaction. Nice cats

Miaooo.gif
Baykar makina made a great job,but at the beginning of project they requested to have some NATO standards which they could not to do so,and their project freezed for 2 years thats the reaction on mideast countries to survive but I have some sceptism about this firms they exaggrate something like percentage of local aid of their aircraft which is not true

It's hilarious seeing some people yoyo due to their political views. Baykar best company, better then TUSAS! ~Selçuk's son engaging Recep's daughter~ booo Baykar doesn't even manufacture what they say they do! They can't even NATO standard! . . . ...... . . .

Phuck Your Political Views.
nMMAql.gif

UMEX 2016: Vestel's Karayel goes operational | IHS Jane's 360

Air Platforms
UMEX 2016: Vestel's Karayel goes operational
Huw Williams, Abu Dhabi - IHS Jane's International Defence Review
07 March 2016
1649401_-_main.jpg

The Karayel is equipped with an EO/IR payload for ISR missions. Source: Vestel

Vestel's Karayel unmannned aircraft system (UAS) has commenced operations in an undisclosed area of Turkey, IHS Jane's has learned.

Speaking at the UMEX 2016 exhibition and conference in Abu Dhabi, Vestel's Süha Özgür Diner, deputy general manager of air platforms, said the company is providing a full turnkey solution in support of Turkish Land Forces operations.

Diner explained that the Karayel was being provided on a service basis - with Vestel employees acting as air crew and maintainers - as due to operational requirements the Turkish Land Forces wanted the capability fielded as soon as possible. The official handover of the system is expected in the coming weeks.

Three aircraft have been deployed and can be operated by a small team, Diner said. They consist of a pilot and payload operator, and just two maintainers/support crew. Operations have included two aircraft working at the same time, as two ground control stations have been deployed.

p1649402.jpg
The aircraft is being operated with ground data terminals in order to extend its area of coverage. (Vestel)

Diner said the Karayel's early deployment is beneficial in proving the capability to the Turkish Land Forces and helping iron out operational issues. Around 1,000 flight hours have been amassed to date across the three airframes, with the missions' focus on intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) duties via the aircraft's electro-optic/infrared sensors.

The Karayel, Diner said, is working at extended ranges from its forward-deployed location, using ground data terminals to relay command information to the platform and receive and ISR imagery from the area of operations. Further terminals will be deployed to expand the area of coverage, Diner added.

The aircraft is comfortably working within its flight performance envelope, Diner said, noting that the testing conditions of the area of operations were helping prove the capabilities of the platform and are building on the hot-weather tests that were conducted near Ankara last year.

Key to the performance of the aircraft in the difficult conditions, Diner said, are some of the advanced features of the Karayel design, which include triple redundancy in key systems and a de-icing capability, which he said had been employed.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options ihs.com/contact

Who can be a drone pilot?
Which kind of requirements they ask? Which education does the job need?
AFAIK you dont have to have CPL License???
I've read about the american drone pilots who confess that They killed civil people and theh have in depression.

One of them said that "he have never open fail in which written how many people he killed."

When I saw the news of marriage, I was sad because of the fact that Baykar will get unjust accusations whenever they get a bid/contract from now on! But I never thought that I will read some of them here! Come on guys, you are the most well-informed people here about topic! If you do this, what would average newspaper readers do?

You can be sure. I love my country and protected for long with body and intellect. But , why you don't read my Hints about problems??

Can anyone translate what Hurshid is trying to say with underlined part ? Is it like what I understand ?

There are not many sources available. :)

Also, a Turkish variant of the French TRI-60 is in the making which is been tested succesfully a five times..
(Aiming for 60 +minutes)

Serpil Yilmaz

TUSAŞ Motor Sanayii AŞ (TEI), ANKA Projesi kapsamında üretilen insansız hava aracı (İHA) motorlarını, bu ay içinde Türk Silahlı Kuvvetleri’ne (TSK) teslim ediyor.
(HT)
yazarlar/serpil-yilmaz-2155/1207974-tei-insansiz-hava-araci-motorunu-teslim-ediyor[/QOUTE]

Last edited:
Also, a Turkish variant of the French TRI-60 is in the making which is been tested succesfully a five times..
(Aiming for 60 +minutes)
That will be the engine of the SOM missile nothing with the Engine of ANKA. o_O

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom