What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

If you research into some of the foreign defence giants, you might be surprised some of their humble beginnings..

I know. :)

Like almost always, you're right again here but, c'mon, it was funny. Look at all the other names. I just did not expect a company with such a name to produce Micro UAV.

I am still laughing. :D

According to the statement made by the SSB, 11 companies have received bids for the rotary wing micro-UAV procurement project.

The companies are:

Geomatics Harita Mühendislik Müşavirlik Ltd. Şti, BB4 Savunma Sanayi AŞ, Savunma Teknolojileri Mühendislik Ticaret AŞ, Ortadoğu Mühendislik İnşaat Savunma Teknolojileri San. Yaz. Tic. AŞ, Lapis Havacılık Teknolojileri AŞ, Aselsan AŞ, Sinerjisoft Bilişim Sistemleri Yazılım Bilgisayar Donanımları Elektronik San. Tic. AŞ, Huma Havacılık Teknolojileri AŞ, Maxwell İnnovations Havacılık Geliştirme Mühendislik San. Tic. Ltd. Şti, Numaş Nurettin Usta Mobilya İmalat San. AŞ, Arox Bilişim Sistemleri AŞ.
these companies called as çantacı.
They have some Ret. old military stuff who has a connection with TSK still.
They made a deal with foreign company as a project base and take commission.
Most of them like ortadogu bla bla, have not a lab but a plasa floor for purchasing and tender preperation stuff.
Some çakal companies like maxwell, opens a national contact point for entering tender.
So real ones: aselsan,stm and maybe lapis
As far as i know

these companies called as çantacı.
They have some Ret. old military stuff who has a connection with TSK still.
They made a deal with foreign company as a project base and take commission.
Most of them like ortadogu bla bla, have not a lab but a plasa floor for purchasing and tender preperation stuff.
Some çakal companies like maxwell, opens a national contact point for entering tender.
So real ones: aselsan,stm and maybe lapis
As far as i know
it may be true for some, but also there are companies which have world class production facilities.

For example, Nurettin Usta, where everyone is confused.It has complete robotic processing plant and all cuts are made with plasma. It sells patents and products to more than 10 countries . and it is 100% Turkish-owned company.

There is an issue that is not discussed in our defense industry, and it has a direct relevance to this situation. All tenders go to the SANs and they are distributing the work. With this method the ecosystem will have problems about expand. The Baykar Makina was sinking until it crossed this myth. If we want the industry to grow healthy, Aselsan and STM, as well as other foundation companies, shouldn't deal with jobs far below the current capacity. Because when we are starting to have lots of strategic project, another problem is the bottleneck about qualified personnel and workload.

Last edited:
FZK Engineering

b5303ba6-9117-4597-b5e4-d845668c3669-original.jpeg
c440291a-76e6-4d1c-b3b8-792281baafb0-original.jpeg
d6b55bb9-c038-4134-ba74-44862f498afe-original.jpeg

When you use USA based UGV platforms pictures in your offical accound, you actually loose credibility.
Both 3 system have direct image match.

When you use USA based UGV platforms pictures in your offical accound, you actually loose credibility.
Both 3 system have direct image match.
I would suggest when you make such a claim provide some evidence without being asked if you want to be taken seriously.

I did not try to say , they will just purchase system directly abroad. Sure we have enough capability.

But here are possible micro ugv ;
https://www.army-technology.com/projects/irobot-110-firstlook-robot/
https://www.reconrobotics.com/

I am sure there is no design on table yet , it is reasonable but if thats the case, it is better not present foreign platforms.

By the way to converting MRAP to a UGV is little bit weird ! Why we spend extra fuel for its huge mass. Its armour designed for hummans, if they convert some of them to UGV
high cost
high roll-over maybe (only depended good roads)
less fatality because probably equipped only SARP
It is maybe harder to conclude a project but much more effective to use lighter platform or shorter like M48 chassis ? I dont know maybe m113?

But at least MRAP UGV is a system, yes. it will work.

Back
Top Bottom