What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

Yes, I did say all of that. And I proved it. Can you prove that TB2 is not MALE, or that TB2 can't reach 30k ft, or that TB2 can't stay on the air for 24+ hours? Let me know when you can, until that adios.
No you proved nothing. You contradicting yourself, chancing the subject, chancing the definition i am bothered. So these behaviors sums up the case for me. Adios to you.

I would like to especially hear your arguments against TB2 being an MALE, since you called that BS.
My source about TB2 isn't being MALE class UAV is your first post which you have defined MALE class requirements. Yes, TB2 can't and not flying at 30K feet altitude, over 24 hours. Simple.

Last edited:
30k feet is the record TB2 reached, is not an operational altitute for the platform. It usually flies between 17k-19k altitute above Iblin/Afrin, probably it extends endurance, which is a must during observing missions.

There is no way for TB2 to fly at 30k feet with loaded ammunitions during 24 hours.

The reason why TB2 operates below 20,000ft is because limitations of sensors. This goes for all categories of UAVs.

The reason why TB2 operates below 20,000ft is because limitations of sensors. This goes for all categories of UAVs.
That could also be the reason, or extending mission duration by not pushing engine to it's limits and lower fuel consuption to stay at sky maximum time they can get.

Maybe in 22k-24k altitute, sensors may not detect details such as humans on ground, but it may be enough to observe for enemy military installations such as ammunition depots, vehicles or shelters.

That could also be the reason, or extending mission duration by not pushing engine to it's limits and lower fuel consuption to stay at sky maximum time they can get.

Maybe in 22k-24k altitute, sensors may not detect details such as humans on ground, but it may be enough to observe for enemy military installations such as ammunition depot or shelters.

Eitheway, @TheMightyBender source does say TB2 was designed to have a operating ceiling of 30,000ft and fly for 30hrs.

Size: Tactical
Performance: MALE

A710C382-DEB4-43AC-AD36-6299FFB71A89.jpeg

Turkish special forces receive loitering munitions
James Bingham - Jane's Defence Weekly
13 December 2017

main_p1717530.jpg

Kargu is one of two loitering munitions being delivered to Turkish special forces. Source: IHS Markit/James Bingham
Turkey’s special forces have received a first batch of loitering munitions, Jane's has learned at the Gulf Defence & Aerospace exhibition in Kuwait City.

The two types of loitering munitions, both developed by the country’s STM, were delivered two months ago for training purposes. They will be followed by a larger batch for fielding in early 2018.

The first of the two loitering munition types is the Alpagu, a fixed-wing, pneumatically tube-launched design similar in appearance to the AeroVironment Switchblade. The second is the Kargu, a quadcopter design. Both use a fragmentation high explosive charge, but representatives of STM told Jane’s that feedback from users has prompted the development of a thermobaric warhead.

Additionally, the two UAVs share a common computer imaging-based targeting system, designed to use machine learning to optimise target classification, tracking, and attack capabilities without the requirement for a GPS connection. Both have a range of 5 km, an endurance of approximately 10 minutes, and a deployment time of 45 seconds.

http://www.janes.com/article/76337/turkish-special-forces-receive-loitering-munitions

Turkish special forces receive loitering munitions
James Bingham - Jane's Defence Weekly
13 December 2017

main_p1717530.jpg

Kargu is one of two loitering munitions being delivered to Turkish special forces. Source: IHS Markit/James Bingham
Turkey’s special forces have received a first batch of loitering munitions, Jane's has learned at the Gulf Defence & Aerospace exhibition in Kuwait City.

The two types of loitering munitions, both developed by the country’s STM, were delivered two months ago for training purposes. They will be followed by a larger batch for fielding in early 2018.

The first of the two loitering munition types is the Alpagu, a fixed-wing, pneumatically tube-launched design similar in appearance to the AeroVironment Switchblade. The second is the Kargu, a quadcopter design. Both use a fragmentation high explosive charge, but representatives of STM told Jane’s that feedback from users has prompted the development of a thermobaric warhead.

Additionally, the two UAVs share a common computer imaging-based targeting system, designed to use machine learning to optimise target classification, tracking, and attack capabilities without the requirement for a GPS connection. Both have a range of 5 km, an endurance of approximately 10 minutes, and a deployment time of 45 seconds.

http://www.janes.com/article/76337/turkish-special-forces-receive-loitering-munitions
Very nice development! Long live!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom