What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

To all friends and @Combat-Master @cabatli_53

NEVER misunderstand me .
I am also proud of Bayraktar and all developments in Türkiye.
Please understand my critics as "constructive" and never "destructive".
I want them to make synergy with Aselsan and despite competition with TAI or VESTEL also,
as Israel does for its nations PROFIT. ( Aselsan has also already little GimbaLs)

You will be also shocked if you read the export restrictions and what tricks the little companies had to do.

Bayraktar and Anka don't belong to the same class. How can everyone compare the two ? Baykar has done great job but, Anka's specs will be greater on all aspects.
You talked about Anka's software codes being indigenous, that's very important. The enemy only needs one line of code between your thousands of lines. Same with hardware, microchips could already been hacked on hardware level. If a system isn't put together by the most qualified and government owned company like Aselsan, the systems could contain hidden bugs.

Coding, certifying your " idiot of the village" seems well informed.

we should monitor him for sure

ANother BS nws from our journalists. They are buying for support to program hot to replace sats. How can you replace a sat with uav? uav gonna crash and you can hit them with an missile while its flying low altt.

Service altitude is 65K feet.I guess It won't be that easy to detect and shot it down.At stratosphere airstreams are more stable than the lower altitudes.It's gonna fly like a kite thanks to the wing area.

Coding, certifying your " idiot of the village" seems well informed.

we should monitor him for sure

Why thank you, i too always thought as a bachelor electromechanics oughta have some sense of technical aspects.

Service altitude is 65K feet.I guess It won't be that easy to detect and shot it down.At stratosphere airstreams are more stable than the lower altitudes.It's gonna fly like a kite thanks to the wing area.

u can shoot down with an aircraft. who can risk in real war?

That can be a good gap filler between UAV's and surveillance satellites. But then there's helium balloons which probably has more endurance and yield with similar fragility.

Why dont TurAF need this unmanned F16's?
May be this is the secret of TAI?
I remember, a Turkish Goverment Officer told that We have a remote control F16.

Boeing converts F-16 fighter jet into an unmanned drone

Unmanned Drone F-4
Can be ex-F4's used like a cruise missile?

@Hurshid Celebi we dont need Samurais:)
Our old sabre's will be used LRCM.

Candidate aircraft are taken from storage at the Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group, at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base (AFB), Arizona. Following depot maintenance, the aircraft are flown to Mojave, where the drone conversion is performed. Completed aircraft are ferried to Tyndall AFB, Florida for Air Force acceptance tests. The process takes about seven months from storage at AMARG to active status and costs about $800,000 U.S. per aircraft.

The Final Mission: The USAF’s QF-4 Target Drones | Photography | Fence Check

YQF-100
Nine test unmanned drone version: two D-models, one YQF-100F F-model,see DF-100F, and six other test versions.[26]
QF-100
Another 209 D and F models were ordered and converted to unmanned radio-controlled FSAT (full scale aerial target)[27] drone and drone directors for testing and destruction by modern air-to-air missiles used by current U.S. Air Force fighter jets.[26]
drone-f100.jpg

Lets collect old F86's, F100's and F4's around the world and transfer to Long Range Cruise Missiles:) Turkey would have the biggest arsenal:)

Hong Kong, Jan. 7 (CNA) A large number of old J-6 fighter jets that have been converted into unmanned attack aircraft are being stationed at Liancheng Air Base in Fujian province, according to the latest issue of Kanwa Defense Review.

China's Huanqiu.com cited the Canadian online magazine as saying that satellite photos taken on July 31, 2011 showed there were at least 55 of the J-6 aircraft on the base.

The magazine said the air base most likely has more J-6s than any other base in Fujian, showing that the Chinese Air Force attaches great importance to the capabilities of the unmanned fighter.

Reports said the J-6, the Chinese-built version of the Soviet MiG-19 'Farmer' fighter aircraft, was produced by Shengyang Aircraft Corp. and formed the backbone of the Chinese Air Force in the 1960s and the 1970s.

The J-6 fleet was retired in the late 1990s. But because of the J-6s' maneuverability, high thrust-to-weight ratio, and light weight and their suitability for close-distance combat, the planes have since been converted into unmanned attack fighters.

Source: Meet China's new-old killer drones

Last edited:
The QF-4 are not only a target drone.
The QF-4 was equiiped with HARM missiles.

According the Russian source the USAF is thinking of using QF-4 for ground attack. The 6 fighter can be controlled jointly from a ground station.
It is the cheapast way to have a attack drone.
Turkey has a lot of old fighters and also has remote control techonolgies.
If The USAF uses, why TurAF shouldnt use?
As of April 2007, BAE Systems had converted 217 F-4s to the QF-4 configuration.
AIR_UAV_QF-4_w_Missile_2007-01.jpg

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/more-qf-4s-and-a-new-trick-for-old-dogs-04650/
Jan 9/08: For the first time, an air-to-ground missile was launched from a QF-4 by airmen with Detachment 1 of the 82nd Aerial Targets Squadron at Holloman AFB, NM. The launch was conducted from a ground control station – the plane itself had no pilot. In the USAF release Maj. John Markle, the detachment’s operations officer, said that:

“This is the first air-to-ground missile fired off an unmanned full-scale aerial target… This test is an important part of the Det. 1 mission because it increases survivability of our Airmen going against (surface-to-air missile) threats. Furthermore, it’s the first time the drone has been able to shoot back.”
AIR_UAV_QF-4_Firing_Missile_2007-01.jpg

Fire!
Some readers are wondering exactly what kind of missile the QF-4 is carrying in the photo. The short answer is that we don’t know. Early releases referred to a modified HARM missile used to attack enemy air defense radars, but that information no longer appears in the USAF article, and no response was received to queries.

QF-4 is landing easly like a manned.

Last edited:
I am glad to hear your compliments Dear:) I am only a curious man:) Internet gives oppurtinities.
If internet werent what would we do?:)
1_232350_1.jpg

Old jets converted into cruise missiles could hit US ships | South China Morning Post
Each Jian-5 can carry 650kg of explosives and fly 2,000km after being changed into a UAV,' Mr Liao said. 'The rebuilding cost is just 750,000 yuan for a plane. It's very cheap.'

He said as the operating radius of fighters across the strait was only 1,500km, the cheap PLA re-equipped UAVs would become powerful weapons against expensive American aircraft carriers

The J-6 UAV in the photo.

13055571_2006012410423912729100.jpg

www.tayyareci.com 1951 - 2006 Period TUAF AIRCRAFTS 1951 - 2006 dönemi Turk HvKK UCAKLARI www.tayyareci.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom