What's new

Turkish Industry, Science and Technology

What about Turkey? Any info on that? How many people study in Turkey's universities and which are the majors they prefer?

20170202_STEM.jpg

What about Turkey? Any info on that? How many people study in Turkey's universities and which are the majors they prefer?

20170202_STEM.jpg

This graph is biased... it's normal that china or india got 4mil to 2.6mil and anyother countryin it, since they've got a huge pop...
Ratio is better to define... than pure numbers...

20170202_STEM.jpg

Most of diplomas that is belong to those graduates dont have equal value. For example some people with medical doctors diploma or someother is coming Turkey to work as an nanny or a house maid (there people in Turkey whose shoe shining with 3 diplomas). In some countries it is easy to get diploma, in some countries it is easy to get jobs.

You ask how Turkey stands in this. For example i am an undergraduate of Astronomy and Space Sciences from Kayseri Erciyes University (only radio astronomy department in Turkey). I have become a graduate student and ask scholarship from everything that i can ask (expecially from goverment). Including me nobody didnt get any scholarsihp from goverment. I was studying gravitational waves, manupilating this waves is only way to exceed light speed (mathmatical fact, there isnt any scientific way to make experiment and prove it, you need to create a universe, so dont ask), really really important, same season i was studying Nobel Physics reward is given to this subject, they manage to detect the gravitational waves, if was still studying i could work only theoretically (because compared to them i am noob and very much under budget). I had to drop out, i have quit my education.

Our current goverment wont support science. In National Astronomy Congress in Malatya (which i did attend) European Space Agency was present as guests. They offered 40 billion dollars worth of science assests and asked for 1 billion dollar. During congress promises made later goverment scrap the deal. Our National Observatory in Antalya gives most observation time to Russians because they own the telescopes (They get at least %50, if two scientist competes for the same date). We Turks get the least amount observation time for our studies. How about other countries? Well their scientists get it first if there is free time you get to propose a study, they judge you, if they like, you get ridicolus amount of time for your observation (a real fuc.king joke).

Entire 4 years of my education i did stay in "Kredi Yurtlar Kurumu" dorm (belong to Youth and Sport Ministery), i did payed everything i should monthly, but Turkish citizens was minority in number, foreign students get everything free, bus tickets given to them monthly, they get double amount of scholarship without exception to everyone, they lived like a king! What about us Turkish citizens? We treated like unwanted. I did ask around before i drop out, Theology Faculty gets the most scholarship.

My goal was to get title of undergraduate< graduate< doctorate< asistant professor< professor< emeritus.

Now if i can get a job which gives more then minimum wage, i will be thankfull the god.

Most of diplomas that is belong to those graduates dont have equal value. For example some people with medical doctors diploma or someother is coming Turkey to work as an nanny or a house maid (there people in Turkey whose shoe shining with 3 diplomas). In some countries it is easy to get diploma, in some countries it is easy to get jobs.

You ask how Turkey stands in this. For example i am an undergraduate of Astronomy and Space Sciences from Kayseri Erciyes University (only radio astronomy department in Turkey). I have become a graduate student and ask scholarship from everything that i can ask (expecially from goverment). Including me nobody didnt get any scholarsihp from goverment. I was studying gravitational waves, manupilating this waves is only way to exceed light speed (mathmatical fact, there isnt any scientific way to make experiment and prove it, you need to create a universe, so dont ask), really really important, same season i was studying Nobel Physics reward is given to this subject, they manage to detect the gravitational waves, if was still studying i could work only theoretically (because compared to them i am noob and very much under budget). I had to drop out, i have quit my education.

Our current goverment wont support science. In National Astronomy Congress in Malatya (which i did attend) European Space Agency was present as guests. They offered 40 billion dollars worth of science assests and asked for 1 billion dollar. During congress promises made later goverment scrap the deal. Our National Observatory in Antalya gives most observation time to Russians because they own the telescopes (They get at least %50, if two scientist competes for the same date). We Turks get the least amount observation time for our studies. How about other countries? Well their scientists get it first if there is free time you get to propose a study, they judge you, if they like, you get ridicolus amount of time for your observation (a real fuc.king joke).

Entire 4 years of my education i did stay in "Kredi Yurtlar Kurumu" dorm (belong to Youth and Sport Ministery), i did payed everything i should monthly, but Turkish citizens was minority in number, foreign students get everything free, bus tickets given to them monthly, they get double amount of scholarship without exception to everyone, they lived like a king! What about us Turkish citizens? We treated like unwanted. I did ask around before i drop out, Theology Faculty gets the most scholarship.

My goal was to get title of undergraduate< graduate< doctorate< asistant professor< professor< emeritus.

Now if i can get a job which gives more then minimum wage, i will be thankfull the god.
Cant you apply for scholarship in Europe or the US?

Cant you apply for scholarship in Europe or the US?

For Europa:
You might know ERASMUS, if you apply to it, you have to finish at least half of your education with a certain amount of success, i did drop out in my first year before final exams in autumn.

For US:
US dont give undergraduate education for astronomy. You start as physicist as undergraduate in US, when you become a graduate student you can study astrophysics, also they take 2-5 students tops in some of their universities, they wont make a class of 20. If you apply from Turkey you need 2 consultant teachers: 1 from Turkey and 1 from US. Scholarship is provided by your own country again, if you expect US or Europe to give you scholarship you need to be really good at what you do and prove it.

Goddamn TUBİTAK still sending me emails thinking i am a student. **** them!

Bolt of my parent retired from labor in sugar factory, financially we arent in a good condition for me to get education in a foreign country even with a scholarship. I am currently waiting for my deployment (i will be a soldier in May, 2017), i asked to be a reserve officer. Wish me luck. I pray for all us, the Youth.

Sad to read these but it did not surprize me at all... Looks like those who govern the country really prefer to rule over a stupid and easily manipulated bunch of sheeple instead over a nation consisted of educated and progressive-minded people.

For Europa:
You might know ERASMUS, if you apply to it, you have to finish at least half of your education with a certain amount of success, i did drop out in my first year before final exams in autumn.

For US:
US dont give undergraduate education for astronomy. You start as physicist as undergraduate in US, when you become a graduate student you can study astrophysics, also they take 2-5 students tops in some of their universities, they wont make a class of 20. If you apply from Turkey you need 2 consultant teachers: 1 from Turkey and 1 from US. Scholarship is provided by your own country again, if you expect US or Europe to give you scholarship you need to be really good at what you do and prove it.

Bolt of my parent retired from labor in sugar factory, financially we arent in a good condition for me to get education in a foreign country even with a scholarship. I am currently waiting for my deployment (i will be a soldier in May, 2017), i asked to be a reserve officer. Wish me luck. I pray for all us, the Youth.
Good luck and keep us updated about military service.

Last edited:
LION hearted!

‘’LION’’, the fearless and brave guardian of airports was designed for the most dangerous situations which require rapid response.

Nowadays the number of airports raise rapidly because the travelling habits has changed. The risk is increasing as well. With the innovative product features and perfect craftsmanship Lion was designed by considering all of the risks which might occur on the airports. Lion which can reach to the fireplace within seconds with its light and aerodynamic upper structure, composite alloy and twin-engine with 1300 horse power can fearlessly overcome even the strongest fires with its fire pump that can run 12.000 litters of water per minute.

lion.jpg

• Engine power up to 1300 BG, 0-80 km/s, speed with twin engine technology: 21 sec. Max. Speed: 140 km/s,
• Cabin and upper structure produced from composite material,
• Cabin: ECE 29 coherent, capacity of 4 or 6 person, SCBA seats for crew, panoramic view, wide-angled glasses that provide vision, heated wind and front screens,
• Polypropylene with flexible joint, water tank up to 16 000 lt and foam tank up to 2000 lt coupled with water tank,
• VFPN 1200 fire pump: 12000 lt/mn 10 bar water and foam pumping capacity, 500 kg dry chemical dust system: 30 m KKT with winding wheel, at the same time KKT output from the bumper monitor,
• WG6000SE / FD Roof Monitor: 6000 lt/mn – 10 bar water, 270 degree to both right and left sides, -15, +70 degree range of up and down movement capacity, 96 meters of throw distance.
• WG 2000 SE-P Tampon Monitor: 2200 lt/mn – 10 bar water, 10 kg/sec. KKT pumping capacity. 1800 to right and left with joystick control from the cabin, -15, +65 degree up and down movement availability,
• Automatic sliding doors
• Field foaming nozzles which also protects the vehicle (it is at the underside of the vehicle),
• Electronic combination meter within the cabin which shows all functions of the car and its current capacity,
• Automatically opened side cupboards

lion2.jpg
lion-table.jpg

Rear twin engine power source, twin V8s which is present at Lion S models provides the adequate power for agile driving requirements within plane crash operations and it can skip to single engine mode for pump running up to 60 km/h (37mph).

It maintains the driving speed up to 15 km/h and the pumps with power divider at full capacity.

lion-teknik.png

http://volkan.com.tr/products/vehicles/airport-vehicles/lion-class-arff-8x8-6x6-4x4

For Europa:

For US:

Sorry for the late answer, i just saw this post, and wanted to share an educaiton opportunity in Germany.

You can apply a German university without Erasmus,exam, and also no fee in education except for 500 Euros/year. You will also have the chance to get scholarship from the Turkish state(be sure), and some other Turk foundations in Germany. After grad., you will have the right to stay/work in Germany for following 2 years. Finally when or if you want to come back, be sure of no effort to find a job, quite the opposit, you will pick up which among the offers.

Here is one of them: https://www.uni-paderborn.de/en/studium/internationale-studierende/

LION hearted!

‘’LION’’, the fearless and brave guardian of airports was designed for the most dangerous situations which require rapid response.

Nowadays the number of airports raise rapidly because the travelling habits has changed. The risk is increasing as well. With the innovative product features and perfect craftsmanship Lion was designed by considering all of the risks which might occur on the airports. Lion which can reach to the fireplace within seconds with its light and aerodynamic upper structure, composite alloy and twin-engine with 1300 horse power can fearlessly overcome even the strongest fires with its fire pump that can run 12.000 litters of water per minute.

lion.jpg

• Engine power up to 1300 BG, 0-80 km/s, speed with twin engine technology: 21 sec. Max. Speed: 140 km/s,
• Cabin and upper structure produced from composite material,
• Cabin: ECE 29 coherent, capacity of 4 or 6 person, SCBA seats for crew, panoramic view, wide-angled glasses that provide vision, heated wind and front screens,
• Polypropylene with flexible joint, water tank up to 16 000 lt and foam tank up to 2000 lt coupled with water tank,
• VFPN 1200 fire pump: 12000 lt/mn 10 bar water and foam pumping capacity, 500 kg dry chemical dust system: 30 m KKT with winding wheel, at the same time KKT output from the bumper monitor,
• WG6000SE / FD Roof Monitor: 6000 lt/mn – 10 bar water, 270 degree to both right and left sides, -15, +70 degree range of up and down movement capacity, 96 meters of throw distance.
• WG 2000 SE-P Tampon Monitor: 2200 lt/mn – 10 bar water, 10 kg/sec. KKT pumping capacity. 1800 to right and left with joystick control from the cabin, -15, +65 degree up and down movement availability,
• Automatic sliding doors
• Field foaming nozzles which also protects the vehicle (it is at the underside of the vehicle),
• Electronic combination meter within the cabin which shows all functions of the car and its current capacity,
• Automatically opened side cupboards

lion2.jpg
lion-table.jpg

Rear twin engine power source, twin V8s which is present at Lion S models provides the adequate power for agile driving requirements within plane crash operations and it can skip to single engine mode for pump running up to 60 km/h (37mph).

It maintains the driving speed up to 15 km/h and the pumps with power divider at full capacity.

lion-teknik.png

http://volkan.com.tr/products/vehicles/airport-vehicles/lion-class-arff-8x8-6x6-4x4

Nice and innovative like many companies you introduce.

Some projects of Turk teenagers that are rejected by The TÜBİTAK (the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey) are internationally awarded , even get acceptance into NASA.

The text in the video in Turkish:

TÜBİTAK’ın Kabul Etmediği Fakat Dünya Genelinde Ses Getirmiş Projeler

İlayda Şamilgil - Sıvıların Barındırdığı Suyu Tespit Etme

İlayda’yı hatırlıyor musunuz arkadaşlar? Hatırlamayanlar için şöyle anlatayım. İlayda, sıvılarda bulunan su oranını mıknatısla ölçebilen bir sistem geliştirmişti. Bu projeyle TÜBİTAK’ın yarışmasına katılan İlayda, finale bile kalamamıştı. Fakat aynı projeyle Polonya’da “Nobel Fizik Ödülü’ne İlk Adım” yarışmasında İlayda bu projesiyle birinci seçildi. Bununla da kalmadı tüm dünyanın ilgisini üzerine çeken İlayda, NASA’da teknoloji şefi olarak çalışan Prof. Mason Peck tarafından NASA’ya davet edildi ve üniversite 2. sınıfta NASA’nın Mars projesinde görev almaya başlayacak. Ülkemizin adını güzel yerlere taşıdığı için kendisini bir kez daha tebrik ediyoruz.

TÜBİTAK tarafından projesi reddedilen sıradaki bilim insanımız:

Tuna Ilgın Kozak - Madencilerin Hayatını Kurtarabilecek Proje

Tuna’da tıpkı diğer bilim sever arkadaşları gibi hüsran sonuçla karşılaşan bir başka dostumuz. Hatta onun ki biraz daha vahim. Tuna, maden ocaklarında çalışan işçilerin bir kaza durumunda anlık olarak yerlerinin tespit edilebileceği, konumlarının kayıt altına alınabileceği ve müdahalenin daha hızlı gerçekleşebileceği bir proje sundu. TÜBİTAK, bu projeyi kabul bile etmedi. Bunun üzerine Tuna, İzmir’de düzenlenen 5. DOESEF ve İstanbul’da düzenlenen 25. DEF projelerine başvurdu. Bunun üzerine DOESEF’in Londra’daki International Youth Science Forum etkinliğinde ülkemizi temsil etti ve hem fizik dalında birinciliği kaptı hem de inovasyon özel ödülünü kaptı. Tuna’yı da tebrik ediyor, başarılarının devamını diliyoruz.

Şimdi gelelim Antalya’da yaşayan ve projeleri TÜBİTAK tarafından kabul edilmeyen Mehmet Can Dursun ve İrfan Efe Boztepe ikilisine…

Mehmet Can Dursun ve İrfan Efe Boztepe - Yaraları Hızlı Tedavi Eden Yara Bandı

Mehmet ve İrfan’nın geliştirdiği proje özellikle şeker hastalarında görülen açık yaraların geç iyileşmesi sorununa parmak basıyordu. İkilimiz, bu sorun üzerine atık yengeç ve karides kabuklarından oluşan bir yara bandı geliştirdi. Fikir akıllarına Irak’ta savaşan ABD askerlerinin yaralarına kitosan tozu serpmeleriyle hayat buldu. Bu madde de yengeç ve karides kabuklarında mevcut. Nanolifleri yaranın üzerine koyduğunuzda kendi kendine yok olduğunu gözlemlediler. Bu projeleriyle TÜBİTAK’a başvuran dostlarımızın da yaşadığı sonuç aynı. Kabul edilmedi. Bunun üstüne Mehmet ve İrfan ABD’deki Genius olimpiyatlarına başvurdular. Dostlarımızın sunduğu bu proje ABD’de birincilik ödülüne layık görüldü. İşler bununla bitmedi Oswege Üniveritesi dostlarımız için 10 bin dolar burs vererek eğitimlerine kendi üniversitelerinde sürdürmeleri için davette de bulundu.

Barış Paksoy - Almanlar Burslu Öğretmen Yaptı!

Sıradaki bilim kahramanımız ise Barış Paksoy. Kendisi TÜBİTAK’ın düzenlediği liseler arası yarışmaya “Ramanujan Asallarının Genleştirilmesi” adlı projesiyle başvuruyor. Cevap olarak da şu geliyor arkadaşlar: “Seviyenin çok üstünde bir proje bu. Bunu kesin sen yapmadın!”. Süreç bu aşamada uzuyor, aile itiraz ediyor farklı kanallardan da itirazlar geliyor fakat sonuç değişmiyor. Barış açısından da sonuç şu oluyor: İstanbul Erkek Lisesi’ni bitirdikten sonra Almanya’ya bursla Berlin Humbold Üniversitesi’ne kabul ediliyor ve Almanya’da lise öğrencilerine de olmak üzere ücretsiz matematik dersleri vermeye başlıyor. Yani anlayacağınız Barış’ı da kaçırıyoruz.

Kaan Alper - Taşınabilir GPS’li Uydu

Kaan’ın hikayesi de diğer arkadaşlarından çok farklı değil. İçerisine GPS Modülü, GSM Modülü, yükseklik sensörü, ısı sıcaklık sensörü vb özelliklerin yer aldığı bir uydu. Bu uydunun GSM modülü sayesinde 1 km’lik bir alanda kendi GSM operatörünüzü kurabiliyorsunuz. Ayrıca üzerinde takılı olan kamerasından mobil cihazlarla görüntü alınabilir. Bunlarla birlikte sıcaklık, yükseklik gibi sensörleriyle de bilgisayardan bu bilgilerin hepsi takip edilebilir. Micro SD kartı sayesinde uçuş sırasındaki tüm verileri de kendi üzerine yazan cihaz tabiki de TÜBİTAK tarafından red oyu alıyor. Bu robot DOESEF yarışmasının 5.sinde Türkiye 1.’si seçiliyor. Bununla da yetinmiyor Los Angeles’ta düzenlenecek olan INTEL ISEF 2017’de de ülkemizi temsil etmeye hak kazanıyor. Yani TÜBİTAK reddediyor ama bu proje ülkemizi oldukça önemli bir fuarda temsil ediyor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom