What's new

Turkish Industry, Science and Technology

To everyone wondering why making a telescope mirror is high tech heres a video, even US is importing its glass from Japan.

yeah but I talked about lenses etc for helicopter, uav and satteleites wich are mostly smaller than this big telescope.. at least we need a company wich specializes in such technology and if they could make 1/5 of this I would be happy :)

yeah but I talked about lenses etc for helicopter, uav and satteleites wich are mostly smaller than this big telescope.. at least we need a company wich specializes in such technology and if they could make 1/5 of this I would be happy :)
This should be possible since every cheap camera still requires accurately made lenses, i thought there were already such companies in Turkey, if not then we have a very long way to go.

To everyone wondering why making a telescope mirror is high tech heres a video, even US is importing its glass from Japan.

I dunno man it doesn't seem so high tech stuff.

I dunno man it doesn't seem so high tech stuff.
Its starts with the glass itself which has a different dilatation when exposed to diffent room temparatures, a glass thats deforming too much under heat would be useless because you would get blurry pictures.
Then theres the grinding process that requires incredible accuracy to maked this parabolic mirror, you will again get blurry pictures if you dont work accurate enough, we are talking about micrometer tolerances here on a 10-20m diameter.
And lastly theres aluminum evaporation under vacuum for such a big mirror.
All this needs to be calculated by capable engineers and scientists.
etc. etc.

Not to mention all the sub systems that a observatory needs besides a telescope mirror, it isnt as easy as it looks like.

The scale of its is much smaller and i highly doubt its mirror was made by a Turkish company.

Yes for Göktürk-1 but not for the future IMECE (2020) and Yenileme-1 (2022). And about the size, this is exactly the same technology (It is even higher -Top Secret - since sending this extremely fragile object who will have to bear the takeoff - by expendable launch system - and the extreme conditions of space temperature) if it needs much larger mirror it just have to larger production facilities.

Last edited:
Yes for Göktürk-1 but not for the future IMECE (2020) and Yenileme-1 (2022). And about the size, this is exactly the same technology (It is even higher -Top Secret - since sending this extremely fragile object who will have to bear the takeoff - by expendable launch system - and the extreme conditions of space temperature) if it needs much larger mirror it just have to larger production facilities.
Do you have a source which company produced those mirrors?

Do you have a source which company produced those mirrors?

For the very-high-resolution optical Earth-imaging satellite Pleiades and Göktürk-1 (Spy satellite), the company 'Mersen Boostec’ in close collaboration with ‘CNES (National Centre for Space Studies)’.

Mersen Boostec

A new technological step for SiC mirrors preparing OTOS - 1 (PDF)

A new technological step for SiC mirrors preparing OTOS - 2 (PDF)

CNES High Resolution Instrument

For you, it will TÜBİTAK Uzay.

https://defence.pk/threads/turkish-space-programs.230540/page-35#post-8729977

Afet Yönetiminde İleri Teknolojiler ve TÜBİTAK UZAY’ın Vizyonu (PDF)

The primary mirror is literally ‘the heart’ of the electro-optical spy satellite. Without it, no spy satellite and nobody will manufacture to equip your own satellites. ;)

Last edited:
For the very-high-resolution optical Earth-imaging satellite Pleiades and Göktürk-1 (Spy satellite), the company 'Mersen Boostec’ in close collaboration with ‘CNES (National Centre for Space Studies)’.

Mersen Boostec

A new technological step for SiC mirrors preparing OTOS - 1 (PDF)

A new technological step for SiC mirrors preparing OTOS - 2 (PDF)

CNES High Resolution Instrument

For you, it will TÜBİTAK Uzay.

https://defence.pk/threads/turkish-space-programs.230540/page-35#post-8729977

The primary mirror is literally ‘the heart’ of the electro-optical spy satellite. Without it, no spy satellite and nobody will manufacture to equip your own satellites. ;)

So that means there is no company in Turkey able to produce those yet.

So that means there is no company in Turkey able to produce those yet.

TÜBİTAK is responsible for the national spy satellite project since 2013 - first IMECE, after Yenileme-1 - so it must be able to do it.

Otherwise the government would not have granted the project, right ? I repeat again : “The primary mirror is literally ‘the heart’ of the electro-optical spy satellite. Without it, no spy satellite and nobody will manufacture to equip your own satellites - To be able to spy him - .”

Last edited:
TÜBİTAK is responsible for the national spy satellite project since 2013 - first IMECE, after Yenileme-1 - so it must be able to do it.

Otherwise the government would not have granted the project, right ? I repeat again : “The primary mirror is literally ‘the heart’ of the electro-optical spy satellite. Without it, no spy satellite and nobody will manufacture to equip your own satellites - To be able to spy him - .”
Do seriously you think they produce every part of it?
And about spying on someone, those are private companies they dont care whom you spy with their equipment, by your logic nobody would sell military gear to others because you could use it against them.

Besides, there are hundreads of spy sattelites in the orbit so the most crucial facilities are already protected against spying from above, sry but your argument makes no sense.

Do seriously you think they produce every part of it?
And about spying on someone, those are private companies they dont care whom you spy with their equipment, by your logic nobody would sell military gear to others because you could use it against them.

Besides, there are hundreads of spy sattelites in the orbit so the most crucial facilities are already protected against spying from above, sry but your argument makes no sense.

It's yours that makes no sense rather.

New generation of spy satellites do not just take pretty pictures of buildings, facilities. They draw also maps in 3D for targeting, to track targets and troop movements in real time.

This is not because a company is private, it can sell what it wants to whomever it chooses. His government (His military) has also a say to protect its own vital strategic interests that are longer than the time a life of shareholders or a company director.

Why Turkey would not ask Areva TA (Private Company) Nuclear reactors K15 for future submarines in 40 years. We'll see the reaction of France.

Yes there are so strategic elements, so critics, absolutely nobody able to manufacture did not sell you - national sovereignty -. And yes all the elements of these future satellites (IMECE and Yenileme-1) will be Turkish completely or simply they will not exist.

Last edited:
It's yours that makes no sense rather.

New generation of spy satellites do not just take pretty pictures of buildings, facilities. They draw also maps in 3D for targeting, to track targets and troop movements in real time.

This is not because a company is private, it can sell what it wants to whomever it chooses. His government (His military) has also a say to protect its own vital strategic interests that are longer than the time a life of shareholders or a company director.

Why Turkey would not ask Areva TA (Private Company) Nuclear reactors K15 for future submarines in 40 years. We'll see the reaction of France.

Yes there are so strategic elements, so critics, absolutely nobody able to manufacture did not sell you - national sovereignty -. And yes all the elements of these future satellites (IMECE and Yenileme-1) will be Turkish completely or simply they will not exist.

I am not talking about the future from the begin with, i asked if there is a Turkish company that can produce those mirrors and you started posting random stuff, you could have cut it short just by saying ''maybe in the future''.

I am not talking about the future from the begin with, i asked if there is a Turkish company that can produce those mirrors and you started posting random stuff, you could have cut it short just by saying ''maybe in the future''.

^ ^

It is not maybe. It is absolutely sure and this will be TÜBİTAK.

It's not me who says this, it is your government and his very senior military officers who ordered two spy satellites similar to Göktürk-1 to this company.

^ ^

It is not maybe. It is absolutely sure and this will be TÜBİTAK.

It's not me who says this, it is your government and his very senior military officers who ordered two spy satellites similar to Göktürk-1 to this company.

Lets hope so.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom