What's new

Turkish Roketsan secured Bangladesh Army,'s Medium range GMLRS

Say it out loud! As I know, awami leaguesupporters hate Pakistananyway! Don't argue on reliability basis! BAF's Integrated Air Defense components are Pakistan made!
Good. I want most of our military equipment come from Muslim countries as much as possible, mainly from Turkey and Indonesia. Except Pakistan and Arab countries of course.

Good. The induction was confirmed to happen within this year by COAS himself.

No information yet about r=the the deal but This GMRLS have twice the range than WS-22A
SLC-2 can't support upcoming Turkish gmlrs, so we need to Add new CBR .
New weapon locating radar under evaluation. French systems are said to be the front runner.

SLC-2 units are to assist WS-22 equipped units. Turkish systems will see European systems in support.

Well - a rose by any name....:-)

SAN or Sanayi is a Turkish term for industrial establishment I believe. I have seen that.

Even if we did buy from Pakistan, the systems (testing, deployment) are hardly as 'mature' as the Chinese or Turkish systems. Or - maybe you claim otherwise?

Bingo, you are the winner. Weishi equivalent. :-)

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/17...ssile_System_To_Turkish_Military#.XJ0ykJhKg2w

Im sorry homie, but this Kasgira missile is a chinese missile produced by Turkey.

We produced similar short ranged battlefield Missiles in the early 90s like the abdali and HATF.
Yes China is definitely ahead of us.
But not Turkey, they do make nice subsystems and localised weapons thanks to NATO contacts.

And their naval industry is going strong with the TF corvette and frigate projects.

Say it out loud! As I know, awami leaguesupporters hate Pakistananyway! Don't argue on reliability basis! BAF's Integrated Air Defense components are Pakistan made!

There are many suppliers that make reliable equipment.

I am not talking about weapons quality when I say unreliable. Pakistan is not reliable as in can't be trusted.

We never tried to produce jet,s missiles or apcs. We never invested any money in that kind of project, and that was by choice. If we decide to do it then we can do it, we have the money and we will require assistance from foreign countries like China so they can supply all hardware for a jet or tank and we can assemble them, give it a local name and call it our own. I don't think it's happening anytime soon, it's a matter of decision, BD has so far no reason to decide to invest in weapons development.

I think so and hope so.

Chinese were our go to place for military equipment but after the Rohingya fiasco, I don't think China can be trusted with military equipment when it comes to dealing with Burma.

I personally think BD should acquire weapons from two sources, Chinese and Turkish, for the obvious reasons.

We were one of the (I believe second) largest export market for Chinese Arms, now it will be Turkey.

Im sorry homie, but this Kasgira missile is a chinese missile produced by Turkey.

We produced similar short ranged battlefield Missiles in the early 90s like the abdali and HATF.
Yes China is definitely ahead of us.
But not Turkey, they do make nice subsystems and localised weapons thanks to NATO contacts.

And their naval industry is going strong with the TF corvette and frigate projects.

Wait....you're claiming Pakistan's arms industry is ahead of that in Turkey !!!!???? :lol:

Tabiyat thik-thak? :P

You realize I am fully aware of Turkey's arms products whether in Aerospace, Naval systems or in Armor (strongest). Kasirga might have origins in China, but Pakistani arms research/production has a ways to go to catch up with Turkey, on many, many different fronts.

Not to say it won't eventually, but definitely not now.

I have been to Istanbul too, it is a different world (more like Europe) compared to any country in the subcontinent.

Brothers @KediKesenFare and @cabatli_53 your thoughts please.....

We were one of the (I believe second) largest export market for Chinese Arms, now it will be Turkey.

Wait....you're claiming Pakistan's arms industry is ahead of that in Turkey !!!!???? :lol:

You realize I am fully aware of Turkey's arms products whether in Aerospace, Naval systems or in Armor (strongest). Kasirga might have origins in China, but Pakistani arms research/production has a ways to go to catch up with Turkey, on many, many different fronts.

I have been to Istanbul too, it is a different world (more like Europe) compared to any country in the subcontinent.

I think he's talking specifically about Ballistic and Cruise Missiles. And Yes, Pakistan is ahead of Turkey in that. You may compare our arsenals.

Tabiyat thik-thak? [emoji14]

Missile teknology never became a priority for Turkey. We used our money and energy mostly on electronics and high teck weapons (ASELSAN) but Pakistan used her money and power on Ballistic Missiles because they become a nuclear power and their priority was being able to deliver this nuclear warheads to desirable points. It was a smart decision.

Anyway it is about priorities and It is all fine for us if they are better.

Note' Turkey is working on Air to air missiles (Project Goktug) and we have stealth cruise missile SOM and Pakistan has Babur and Raad cruise missiles with nuclear capacity, but this is another league of course. As you can see, about cruise missiles two state designed diffirent class cruise missiles for their needs.

Last edited:
Missile teknology never became a priority for Turkey. We used our money and energy mostly on electronics and high teck weapons (ASELSAN) but Pakistan used her money and power on Ballistic Missiles because they become a nuclear power and their priority was being able to deliver this nuclear warheads to desirable points. It was a smart decision.

Anyway it is about priorities and It is all fine for us if they are better.

Note' Turkey is working on Air to air missiles (Project Goktug) and we have stealth cruise missile SOM and Pakistan has Babur and Raad cruise missiles with nuclear capacity, but this is another league of course. As you can see, about cruise missiles two state designed diffirent class cruise missiles for their needs.
I think it's perfect that Turkey and Pak spent their resources and effort in slightly different areas...now they can both share these with each other and be better(and stronger) together :tup:

Bro, Kasirga program commenced with Chinese assistance. It is an old program around 20 years ago. Roketsan took huge steps after Chinese deal so It is no need to mention this assistance anymore. At present, Roketsan developed new and more capable 300mm class missile system called TRG-300 and TRGK-300 Kaplan which has a CEP less than 20m. I do not know which variant Bangladesh ordered but I believe Both will serve perfect to meet the requirements of brother Armies. At present, Turkey rules a large family of pin-point artillery rocket/missile systems...

upload_2019-7-21_10-39-30.jpeg

Last edited:
Bro, Kasirga program commenced with Chinese assistance. It is an old program around 20 years ago. Roketsan took huge steps after Chinese deal so It is no need to mention this assistance anymore. At present, Roketsan developed new and more capable 300mm class missile system called TRG-300 and TRGK-300 Kaplan which has a CEP less than 20m. I do not know which variant Bangladesh ordered but I believe Both will serve perfect to meet the requirements of brother Armies. At present, Turkey rules a large family of pin-point artillery rocket/missile systems...

View attachment 570173

Thanks for all the information brother. CEP is where it is at. At some point hopefully Bangladesh will acquire ToT if they purchase large numbers.

Where can i find the exact quote?

Also confirmed it in last MHD. They said deal is done and it will come soon.

That's gonna change soon!!

65301991_441271363117238_6004237724301656064_n-png.566808

Artemis UK. This will not only integrate large AD/Surveillance radars but also smaller radars from all branches of Armed forces.

The goal is to integrate all systems, all branches in a net centric environment & achieve C4 in midterm plans. Few thing AFD was doing to achieve this :

1. Introducing common operatas for intelligence sharing.

2. Introduction of datalinks etc to achieve netcentric C&C (NAVY, ARMY, AIR)

3. Installation of Optical fiber network for armed forces to achieve better connectivity. VSAT & etc for remote operation areas.

4. All branches has introduced modern training & tactics to achieve greater co-operability.

View attachment 570173
Bro, Do Turkey has any modular Rocket projector like US Himars? Just asking...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom