What's new

Turkish President seen $2 billion trade potential with Bangladesh

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Turkish President sees $2 bn trade potential with Bangladesh

December 16, 08:05 PM UNB NEWS - UNB NEWS

Turkish President Tayyip Erdoğan has said Bangladesh and Turkey hold enormous potentials in the arena of bilateral trade to explore and the target of US$ 2 billion trade, which was mutually set earlier, could easily be achieved.

The President fondly recalled his recent meeting with Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen, during his visit to Turkey in September this year to inaugurate the Bangladesh Embassy Complex, terming it very productive.

Also read: Fast-growing Bangladesh attracts Turkish entrepreneurs

He also reiterated his proposal made earlier to the Bangladesh Foreign Minister to establish a hospital in Bangladesh with Turkish support, adding that relevant Turkish authorities are awaiting positive response from Bangladesh.

The President reiterated that Turkey would continue its unwavering support to the Rohingya issue in all forums while appreciating Bangladesh.

The issues were discussed when new Ambassador of Bangladesh to Turkey Mosud Mannan presented his credentials to the President of Turkey following a traditional and auspicious ceremony in Ankara on Tuesday.

The Ambassador was accompanied by his spouse Nuzhat Amin Mannan, the Deputy Chief of Mission Md. Rais Hasan Sarower and the Defence Attaché Brigadier General Md. Rashed Iqbal.

Also read: Turkey with Bangladesh in dealing with Rohingya crisis: Envoy

The credential ceremony was then followed by a meeting between the President and the Ambassador, where the high officials of the Turkish Presidency and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkey were present including Senior Advisor to the President Ibrahim Kalin, Director of the Communication Directorate of Turkey Fahrettin Altun and Director General of South Asia of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Riza Hakan Tekin.

The Ambassador conveyed to the President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan the greetings and best wishes of the President and the Prime Minister of Bangladesh, to which he warmly reciprocated.

Also read: Turkey wants enhanced ties with Bangladesh exceeding $2 bln trade

The Ambassador reiterated the invitation of the Prime Minister of Bangladesh to the Turkish President to visit Dhaka during the celebration of the birth centenary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in March 2021.

Recalling the earlier decisions taken during interactions at the highest political level to further consolidate ties in the areas of mutual interest such as trade, economy, culture, health, tourism and defence, the Ambassador sought support of the Turkish leadership and the authorities.

While appreciating encouraging developments in the defence sector, he opined that the two countries might sign an agreement between their Health Ministries on cooperation in the defence sector.

Also read: Turkey keen to boost trade, investment with Bangladesh
He also briefed the Turkish President of the success of the government of Bangladesh in the economic and social sectors under the pragmatic leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.

The President assured Ambassador Mosud Mannan of all support in his effort to further deepen and widen the horizon of cooperation between Bangladesh and Turkey.

They also exchanged views on the evolving covid situation in Bangladesh and Turkey.

I hope the two way trade figures between BD and Turkey keep on increasing. However, BD should not throw its weight behind a Block composed of Turkey, Iran and Pakistan. SA will not like it and may impose curbs or outright banning on our young people working in the ME countries.

BD should rather stick with the D-8 economic forum composed of 8 Muslim countries where Turkey with its technology can play a positive role. D-8 is not hurting SA, but the other Block will.

I hope the two way trade figures between BD and Turkey keep on increasing. However, BD should not throw its weight behind a Block composed of Turkey, Iran and Pakistan. SA will not like it and may impose curbs or outright banning on our young people working in the ME countries.

BD should rather stick with the D-8 economic forum composed of 8 Muslim countries where Turkey with its technology can play a positive role. D-8 is not hurting SA, but the other Block will.

The Saudis are gonna get their own people to work as oil is not forever. You need far sighted as well

Saudies with all honesty have no future. 2030 is the date when the age of oil will officially end but it will for all intents and purpose it already has...

BD needs to forge ahead with progressive countries. Both turkey and Iran is in D8 so i dont see any issue realistically.

We don’t need Saudi Arabia

It is preposterous to say we do not need SA or other ME countries. Many millions of our people work there and support their families in their home country.
That’s exactly because they need us. No other nation agrees to sending their people for such dirt cheap rates. Besides with Middle East economy crumbling, the days of people going to Middle East for living is coming to an end

Turkish President sees $2 bn trade potential with Bangladesh

December 16, 08:05 PM UNB NEWS - UNB NEWS

Turkish President Tayyip Erdoğan has said Bangladesh and Turkey hold enormous potentials in the arena of bilateral trade to explore and the target of US$ 2 billion trade, which was mutually set earlier, could easily be achieved.

The President fondly recalled his recent meeting with Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen, during his visit to Turkey in September this year to inaugurate the Bangladesh Embassy Complex, terming it very productive.

Also read: Fast-growing Bangladesh attracts Turkish entrepreneurs

He also reiterated his proposal made earlier to the Bangladesh Foreign Minister to establish a hospital in Bangladesh with Turkish support, adding that relevant Turkish authorities are awaiting positive response from Bangladesh.

The President reiterated that Turkey would continue its unwavering support to the Rohingya issue in all forums while appreciating Bangladesh.

The issues were discussed when new Ambassador of Bangladesh to Turkey Mosud Mannan presented his credentials to the President of Turkey following a traditional and auspicious ceremony in Ankara on Tuesday.

The Ambassador was accompanied by his spouse Nuzhat Amin Mannan, the Deputy Chief of Mission Md. Rais Hasan Sarower and the Defence Attaché Brigadier General Md. Rashed Iqbal.

Also read: Turkey with Bangladesh in dealing with Rohingya crisis: Envoy

The credential ceremony was then followed by a meeting between the President and the Ambassador, where the high officials of the Turkish Presidency and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkey were present including Senior Advisor to the President Ibrahim Kalin, Director of the Communication Directorate of Turkey Fahrettin Altun and Director General of South Asia of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Riza Hakan Tekin.

The Ambassador conveyed to the President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan the greetings and best wishes of the President and the Prime Minister of Bangladesh, to which he warmly reciprocated.

Also read: Turkey wants enhanced ties with Bangladesh exceeding $2 bln trade

The Ambassador reiterated the invitation of the Prime Minister of Bangladesh to the Turkish President to visit Dhaka during the celebration of the birth centenary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in March 2021.

Recalling the earlier decisions taken during interactions at the highest political level to further consolidate ties in the areas of mutual interest such as trade, economy, culture, health, tourism and defence, the Ambassador sought support of the Turkish leadership and the authorities.

While appreciating encouraging developments in the defence sector, he opined that the two countries might sign an agreement between their Health Ministries on cooperation in the defence sector.

Also read: Turkey keen to boost trade, investment with Bangladesh
He also briefed the Turkish President of the success of the government of Bangladesh in the economic and social sectors under the pragmatic leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.

The President assured Ambassador Mosud Mannan of all support in his effort to further deepen and widen the horizon of cooperation between Bangladesh and Turkey.

They also exchanged views on the evolving covid situation in Bangladesh and Turkey.

I don't know who that guy is in the picture, but he's certainly not our FM. I can tell his Toupee from three miles away....
That’s exactly because they need us. No other nation agrees to sending their people for such dirt cheap rates. Besides with Middle East economy crumbling, the days of people going to Middle East for living is coming to an end

There was a day (pre-WW-I) when entire Saudi Arabia had not discovered oil and was dirt poor. Their entire income for the year came from the Hajj Pilgrimage, mostly from India. Indian Muslims (our folks from three/four generations ago) used to take food and money for poor Arabs in Makkah during those days as Zakat.

How times change.

I don't know who that guy is in the picture, but he's certainly not our FM. I can tell his Toupee from three miles away....

There was a day (pre-WW-I) when entire Saudi Arabia had not discovered oil and was dirt poor. Their entire income for the year came from the Hajj Pilgrimage, mostly from India. Indian Muslims (our folks from three/four generations ago) used to take food and money for poor Arabs in Makkah during those days as Zakat.

How times change.
Islam has become a blind faith like the rest of them

You are citing the opposite reason. It is we who keep on requesting SA govt to hire our people.

It is preposterous to say we do not need SA or other ME countries. Many millions of our people work there and support their families in their home country.

Some countries in Asia and Africa are ADDICTED to remittance and these countries never do well. It is a state of perpetual subjugation.

Bengalis work in the Gulf and Malaysia in droves, and they're also treated like animals in droves. If you don't respect yourself then nobody else will. And that's what's happened. People do not respect them, and even Europeans now have a negative perception of Bengalis because of all the illegal migrants.

Bangladesh is an extremely privileged country that has everything it needs to be an economic power. Japan, South Korea and Turkey did not become economic juggernauts because of oil or gas.

All you need is a coastline, agriculture, domestic manpower and planning. We have the first three, we lack the latter because people are blind.

Bangladesh has more rivers and lakes per inch than anywhere on the planet. We should be exporting food to the world, and instead we've had multiple famines! Not drought because that's literally impossible, but famine because of inefficiency, corruption and lack of planning. We end up importing foods.

Islam has become a blind faith like the rest of them

That's because most Muslims nowadays are following Athariya, Salafi Revisionism or Extreme Zahiriya, or some combination thereof.

Most people are not Orthodox Sunni Muslims. Most people don't even know what Orthodox Sunnism even is (Ashari-Maturidi Muqallid), let alone Classical Sunnism (pre-1800s philosophy).

How times change.

I think you've mixed up your dates. There was no Saudi Arabia pre-WW1, that was the Ottoman Empire and they didn't need our money.

What you're describing is post-WW1 up til the 1960s. It was basically everyone who was giving them money. East Africans say the same stories.

People around the world used to collect donations to send over there for building repairs in Mecca and Medina.

Turkish FM likely on Tuesday

Turkish foreign minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu is expected to arrive in Dhaka on Tuesday on a two-day visit.

Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu is likely to discuss bilateral and regional issues and move the bilateral ties forward – giving closer attention to stronger trade and investment relations.

The Turkish foreign minister will have a meeting with his Bangladesh counterpart AK Abdul Momen on early Wednesday, a senior official at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs told UNB.

The meeting will be held at state guest house Padma, and the media will be briefed about it at noon.

The two ministers are likely to join the formal inauguration of the newly built Turkish Embassy in Dhaka on the same day.

That's because most Muslims nowadays are following Athariya, Salafi Revisionism or Extreme Zahiriya, or some combination thereof.

Most people are not Orthodox Sunni Muslims. Most people don't even know what Orthodox Sunnism even is (Ashari-Maturidi Muqallid), let alone Classical Sunnism (pre-1800s philosophy
Sunni/shiaism is the problem in the first place

Back
Top Bottom