What's new

Turkish Engine Programs

Domestic Turboshaft (1400shp)

IMG_2489.JPG
IMG_2490.JPG

I did make a quick research trains have between ~4000 and ~10000 HP. That means several of this engines have work together so train can reach high speed. Looking size of this thing and depending how many of them we can fit inside locomotive that much power we will have.

Unit TEP80-0002 claims to hold the world speed record for a diesel railed vehicle having reached 271 km/h (168 mph) on 5 October 1993 In 2007 the machine was transferred from the Russian Railway research institute (VNIIZHT) to the October railway museum (Музей Октябрьской железной дороги) in Saint Petersburg.

Power output of Unit TEP80-0002: 4,400 hp (3,300 kW) - 6,000 hp (4,500 kW)

This means we need 5 of this, that makes up to 4250 HP which is shit speed. They say it is for high speed. They have to set a engine to every nook and cranny of the locomotive.

I did make a quick research trains have between ~4000 and ~10000 HP. That means several of this engines have work together so train can reach high speed. Looking size of this thing and depending how many of them we can fit inside locomotive that much power we will have.

Unit TEP80-0002 claims to hold the world speed record for a diesel railed vehicle having reached 271 km/h (168 mph) on 5 October 1993 In 2007 the machine was transferred from the Russian Railway research institute (VNIIZHT) to the October railway museum (Музей Октябрьской железной дороги) in Saint Petersburg.

This means we need 5 of this, that makes up to 4250 HP which is shit speed. They say it is for high speed. They have to set a engine to every nook and cranny of the locomotive.
it's a begining...

That particular Tulomsas engine is 6 cylinder. The engine which the TEP80-0002 uses has different configurations, from 8 to 16 cylinder, rated from 600 to 4400kW. I would assume Tulomsas will offer configurations with more cylinders, up to whatever power output is required.

http://savunmaveteknoloji.com/tulomsas-dizel-motor-uretti/

Quote from source:
Türkiye olarak, Eskişehir olarak, TÜLOMAŞ’ta Yüksek Hızlı Tren yapacağız’ diyorlar. Dediğim gibi işçi inanıyorsa geriye bize destek verip yapmak kalıyor. İşte onun için de yeni 96 Yüksek Hızlı Tren setini alırken, sanayi işbirliği programı kapsamında özellikle teknolojinin ülkemize gelmesi ve Yüksek Hızlı Tren’in Türkiye’de yapılmasıyla ilgili şartname koyduk. İlk 20’sini dışarıdan alacağız, sonra kademe kademe TÜLOMSAŞ üretimde daha fazla yer alacak ve son 16’yı bizzat yüzde 100 kendisi yapacak. Ancak bununla da yetinmiyoruz. Onun dışında o teknolojiyi getirip Yüksek Hızlı Tren’i yapabilir hale geldikten sonra, Yüksek Hızlı Tren’i hem milli hem de yerli olarak bizzat kendimiz yapacağız ve ülkemizde kullanmakla yetinmeyeceğiz. Ülkemizden kaynaklı bulunduğumuz coğrafyaya hatta dünyanın her yerine ihraç edeceğiz.

This sounds like Transfer of Technology of high speed trains?
They are talking about how they are going to directly procure the first 20 trains. Then Tulomsas's involvement in production for the recurring 60 trains will gradually go up. While the last 16 trains will be 100% developed by Tulomsas (total of 96 trains). (This does make me wonder where the ToT comes from, if there is indeed ToT involved)

The diesel engine developed by Tulomsas doesn't seem to have anything to do with the high-speed train roadmap or at least not directly linked to it. The engine is mentioned in a different paragraph and they talk about how Tulomsas has been developing locomotives. So this engine is probably meant to be used for locomotives.

And as far as I know high speed trains use electric motors so I don't think this engine is directly linked to the high speed train roadmap.

Tümosan revealed new common rail two diesel engine prototypes, 4 cylinder 4.5lt and 6cylinder and 6.8lt.

T%C3%9CMOSAN%20MOTOR%202.jpg

-4 Cylinder 5.2lt and 6 Cylinder 7.8lt projects are proceeding.

img_2870-png.387606

-6 Cylinder 9lt and V type 8 and 10 Cylinder projects aiming to develop engine family from 450hp to 1000hp civilian and military projects will be commenced on the light of new prototypes...

All Project contains diesel engine family from 150hp to 1000hp...

http://www.tumosan.com.tr/tr/haberler/tumosan-yeni-nesil-dizel-motor-ailesini-tanitti

-------------------------

Domestic Transmission !

DURA 1300

Tumosan has tested and completed the development of DURA 1300 which is transmission for 120-700 hp engines .
https://www.kap.org.tr/tr/Bildirim/599183

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Turbojet - Turboprop - Turboshaft engine development programs

-1000lbf turbojet - 1200-1500shp turboprop variant core engine - TEI
img_2973-jpg.389724

-1400shp domestic Turbo-shaft design - TEI
turbosaft_motor2.jpg

img_2490-jpg.376782

All high speed trains and ordinary trains work with electricity!
Some Arabian countries like Iraq used diesel trains.
Maybe this 850hp diesel engibe train for generator or emergancy situation.

All high speed trains and ordinary trains work with electricity!
Some Arabian countries like Iraq used diesel trains.
Maybe this 850hp diesel engibe train for generator or emergancy situation.

When i write xxxx horsepower (xxxx kilowatt), kilowatt parts means electricity, but most thinks i meant puerly diesel engine. :(

I can't wait for ALTAY engine why don't we reverse engineering some engines we have build in Tanks, vehicles..? This copy thing could speed things up while we can try to improve it

Back
Top Bottom