• I agree but,....

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't agree

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
...Everyone suffered, all big parties did horrible things.
Your figures are more exact than mine and for now I accept them. But I do not accept that everyone or every nation is equally good or bad and commits the same crimes: that is a cop-out and a form of prejudice.

In my reading so far only the Ottomans committed deadly mass reprisals against civilians. My only surprise is discovering that hundreds - perhaps thousands - of these dead were Arab Muslims executed by the Ottomans for suspected collaboration with the British in southern Iraq. (The Brits tried to obtain surrender terms that would protect the civilians but were refused.)

I accept them. But I do not accept that everyone or every nation is equally good or bad and commits the same crimes:
I agree there were far worse mass killings and atrocities such as in whole American continent, China in WWII and Mao regime, Soviet Union under Stalin, the Aboriginies, Cambodia with Pol Pot, Congo with Leopold and ofcourse the Holocaust etc. etc.

Your figures are more exact than mine and for now I accept them. But I do not accept that everyone or every nation is equally good or bad and commits the same crimes: that is a cop-out and a form of prejudice.

In my reading so far only the Ottomans committed deadly mass reprisals against civilians. My only surprise is discovering that hundreds - perhaps thousands - of these dead were Arab Muslims executed by the Ottomans for suspected collaboration with the British in southern Iraq. (The Brits tried to obtain surrender terms that would protect the civilians but were refused.)
Then you must be one thickheaded dork. You can start reading your own history, and just look at the landscape in Middle East (psst Iraq where one million people were slaughtered).

Then you must be one thickheaded dork. You can start reading your own history -
I agree there were far worse mass killings and atrocities such as in whole American -
We are talking about WWI and we are talking about your nation. I am pointing out that in WWI it was the Ottoman Turks who committed exceptional evils outside of battle against civilians.

Relocation might be accepted as a necessity but not the manner of doing so. Pakistanis are familiar with relocations due to war or natural disaster. They know that hundreds of thousands of people do not die during such unless it is a matter of intent or criminal neglect.

We are talking about WWI and we are talking about your nation. I am pointing out that in WWI it was the Ottoman Turks who committed exceptional evils outside of battle against civilians.

Relocation might be accepted as a necessity but not the manner of doing so. Pakistanis are familiar with relocations due to war or natural disaster. They know that hundreds of thousands of people do not die during such unless it is a matter of intent or criminal neglect.
Yes thats true you are always talking about us, pointing fingers while you yourself have a lot more skeletons in your backyard.

Yes thats true you are always talking about us, pointing fingers while you yourself have a lot more skeletons in your backyard.
The format imposes some discipline. You wanna talk Turkey you come here. You wanna talk about something else you gotta start a separate thread in the proper section.

What is the motive of GERMAN incitement after almost 100 years or near it to claim Turkey is guilty of a crime such as Genocide?

While the world does not agrees to it , infact no one seriously blames Turkey for a marginal incident that took place in middle of war by a entity that no longer exist in world

What is the motive now ? 2016 to scrap the old wounds and spill some salt into it by voting ?

Germany is and never was truly a European Union or a western Allied. It was a kind of country that always disturbed any western alliance or in short a Naughty Boy of Europe. Both World Wars were initiated by this one country. After Nearly half a century under Western thumb it is now again trying to creep out of it due to it's inherent independent nature which is constantly at odds with European Union and NATO where decisions are normally taken in consensus and usually influenced by USA. The only short gateway to this is through East, by siding on some matters with Russia it can easily increase it's chances to get away from US influenced decisions.
Perhaps Genocide issue is one short cut to give a chilling happy surprise to Russia that considers Turkey seriously hostile esp after recent aircraft shot down and tensions b/w Armenia and Azerbaijan over nagornokarabakh.

What is the motive of GERMAN incitement after almost 100 years or near it to claim Turkey is guilty of a crime such as Genocide?

While the world does not agrees to it , infact no one seriously blames Turkey for a marginal incident that took place in middle of war by a entity that no longer exist in world

What is the motive now ? 2016 to scrap the old wounds and spill some salt into it by voting ?
European powers dislike emerging rivals. Turkey is slowly sidelining Germany in civillian and military industry, civillian air transport (world's biggest airport in Istanbul, that's gonna be the new hub for transitions) etc.

European powers dislike emerging rivals. Turkey is slowly sidelining Germany in civillian and military industry, civillian air transport (world's biggest airport in Istanbul, that's gonna be the new hub for transitions) etc.
i dont know the motive i guess it is more to discourage free visa deal for Turkish people to get in Europe or discourage Turkish ambition of joining EU... but i think Turkey can kick start a Turkish Union in which Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Albania, kosovo & Bosnia can b members

This is not true. Just look at what the Russians, Armenian nationalists and Greeks did in anatolia. They slaughtered whole cI ties. Every town between Ankara and İzmir was burned and pillaged between 1919 and 1922

...Just look at what the Russians, Armenian nationalists and Greeks did in anatolia. They slaughtered whole cI ties. Every town between Ankara and İzmir was burned and pillaged between 1919 and 1922
I'm only up to about 1916 in my studies.

I'm only up to about 1916 in my studies.

Remember that the Armenians uprising in Van started in 1914,before the Ottoman armies intervened. The Armenian Nationalists had quite some 'fun' before the Ottoman army struck back.

Remember that the Armenians uprising in Van started in 1914,before the Ottoman armies intervened. The Armenian Nationalists had quite some 'fun' before the Ottoman army struck back.

Not only in Eastern Anatolia but also in Caucasia against Azerbaijanis, they slaughtered thousands of Muslim Turks in Caucasia with the help of Russians.

Back
Top Bottom