What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

This is the truest thing you ever wrote. If you believed it then why are you so anti-Turkey: the only country in the region who is capable of creating any sort of stability and leadership.
I don't mind if Turkey leads the Middle East.

I hope Turkey one day accepts a Kurdish state in northern Iraq and northern Syria. Aside from this small issue, I think Turkey is a much better candidate to lead the region than the Persians and Arabs.

I don't think the Assadists will be content with being handed a thin sliver of villages that lead them to nowhere and is created only as a buffer zone to protect the PKK. This will mean that their already meagre resources will be stretched over a long distance making them vulnerable to attacks by FSA.

They can make all the plans they like for Manbij, but just wait until the Turkish tanks start rolling again, that will decide the colours on the map.
It's not really a long distance. This whole area is, in fact, very close to Aleppo.

Bear in mind that Assad wants this. He wants to protect the YPG Kurds from Turkish attacks. So do the Russians. Who do you think bombed the Turkish troops when they launched a large offensive against the Kurds of Afrin back in November?

I don't think the Assadists will be content with being handed a thin sliver of villages that lead them to nowhere and is created only as a buffer zone to protect the PKK. This will mean that their already meagre resources will be stretched over a long distance making them vulnerable to attacks by FSA.

They can make all the plans they like for Manbij, but just wait until the Turkish tanks start rolling again, that will decide the colours on the map.
Yep, by them letting us pound PKK in Mambij they would earn the chance to be the one liberating Raqqa instead of a US puppet, PKK.

By the way, the map is still unconfirmed because the Americans are apparently present in some of these villages. So the SAA might not take over the entire demarcation line between the SDF and ES.

For example, the village of Yalanli, which is near the demarcation line between the SDF and ES, is currently occupied by American troops:

C6ML40zXMAAeYYM.jpg:large

Last edited:
I don't mind if Turkey leads the Middle East.

I hope Turkey one day accepts a Kurdish state in northern Iraq and northern Syria. Aside from this small issue, I think Turkey is a much better candidate to lead the region than the Persians and Arabs.

There won't be any leader of the middle east as none of them are large enough to intimidate let alone rule other regional states of mid/large size.

The US has such influence but they're far beyond any regional middle eastern power. Besides Turkey is led by Erdogan which makes it far from 'a good candidate' to lead such a diverse region, only Ottoman wannabes in the Arab world would welcome him. Majority of Iraq's Turkmen are against him to start with just south of their border.

There won't be any leader of the middle east as none of them are large enough to intimidate let alone rule other regional states of mid/large size.

The US has such influence but they're far beyond any regional middle eastern power. Besides Turkey is led by Erdogan which makes it far from 'a good candidate' to lead such a diverse region, only Ottoman wannabes in the Arab world would welcome him. Majority of Iraq's Turkmen are against him to start with just south of their border.
I agree that America will dominate the Middle East for a long time to come even though American power is declining globally.

The Americans will always be able to play one group off against another in this part of the world. It'll stay that way until a real genuine Middle Eastern alliance can emerge that will drive the Americans out of the region, but that's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Anyway...

--------------------

C6MFv4LWAAAwxb8.jpg

C6MDqiLXEAARXTf.jpg:large

Yalanlı is lies...
I just realized what it meant in Turkish. :D

I agree that America will dominate the Middle East for a long time to come even though American power is declining globally.

The Americans will always be able to play one group off against another in this part of the world. It'll stay that way until a real genuine Middle Eastern alliance can emerge that will drive the Americans out of the region, but that's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Anyway...

--------------------

C6MFv4LWAAAwxb8.jpg

C6MDqiLXEAARXTf.jpg:large

I just realized what it meant in Turkish. :D
Şu kaltağa haddini bildirecek kimse yok mu ya?

ypg TÜRK ASKERİNE SALDIRDI.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/turk-askerine-havan-topuyla-saldirdilar-40386200

tahminimce türkiye'nin olası cevabı: bardak taşmak üzere. 1 askerimize daha saldırır şehit ederseniz bıçak kemiğe dayanabilir. 20-30 askerde veya sınırlarımıza danayıp ülke kurmanız durumunda bıçak kemiğe dayanır ama bardak taşmaz. bardağın taşması için bıçağın kemikteki süreci beklenir.

Last edited:
ypg TÜRK ASKERİNE SALDIRDI.

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/turk-askerine-havan-topuyla-saldirdilar-40386200

tahminimce türkiye'nin olası cevabı: bardak taşmak üzere. 1 askerimize daha saldırır şehit ederseniz bıçak kemiğe dayanabilir. 20-30 askerde veya sınırlarımıza danayıp ülke kurmanız durumunda bıçak kemiğe dayanır ama bardak taşmaz. bardağın taşması için bıçağın kemikteki süreci beklenir.
Belalarini bulacaklar yakinda az kaldi

1488805379-crop.jpg
#EuphratesShield: large TSK reinforcements reportedly reached Jarablus region.

Comment : It is not more only Special Forces Job. A Division will mix them up.

with what vehicles will those unimog replaced? they are quite old

Back
Top Bottom