What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Does anybody know about weapon and sensor payload??

when you saw MIT chief at the ceremony you wont get any details on this ship or known things like Aselsan Ares-2N etc. will be unknown and maybe even the helicopter hangar (to accommodate a single S-70B SEAHAWK) that has been retained really is not a helicopter hangar anymore. Catch my drift ?

Last edited:
when you saw MIT chief at the ceremony you wont get any details on this ship or known things like Aselsan Ares-2N etc. will be unknown and maybe even the helicopter hangar (to accommodate a single S-70B SEAHAWK) that has been retained really is not a helicopter hangar anymore. Catch my drift ?
it still doesnt make sense. When you compare Ufuk with european spy ships. Some sensors are missing.

In a period of ever-increasing disturbances in the Eastern Mediterranean and the Middle East, apparently, the Navy needs not only qualitative but quantitatively more platforms.

In this context, the Turkish Navy is preparing to modernize it's Burak class corvettes (former A69 Aviso class French corvetes) with a mid-life upgrade (MLU) to keep up to current needs of the Navy.

Due to the fact that the platforms are already at the end of their economic life (40+ years old), it may be more appropriate to call it a service life extension program (SLEP) rather than a half-life modernization (or a mixture of both).

I think, they needed to be used another 10+ years due to shortages of quantity of proper platforms….

Careful eyes find details

DzAjPX8WsAEnSUV.jpg:large

In a period of ever-increasing disturbances in the Eastern Mediterranean and the Middle East, apparently, the Navy needs not only qualitative but quantitatively more platforms.

In this context, the Turkish Navy is preparing to modernize it's Burak class corvettes (former A69 Aviso class French corvetes) with a mid-life upgrade (MLU) to keep up to current needs of the Navy.

Due to the fact that the platforms are already at the end of their economic life (40+ years old), it may be more appropriate to call it a service life extension program (SLEP) rather than a half-life modernization (or a mixture of both).

I think, they needed to be used another 10+ years due to shortages of quantity of proper platforms….

what kind upgrade are we talking about, smart s radar and genesis software? Essm missiles and atmaca?

what kind upgrade are we talking about, smart s radar and genesis software? Essm missiles and atmaca?

At the moment, there is no information about the details, but in general, improvements / updates will enable the platforms to perform their tasks in the desired performance for another decade.

I have a gut feeling that the activities in the post below may be related to this subject in some way.

Not sure where to put it, but I think this is the most appropriate place.
I'm also bit surprised but, it's good to see where it's goin..
white-down-pointing-backhand-index_1f447.png
white-down-pointing-backhand-index_1f447.png

View attachment 527113

Edit: explanation for non-Turkish speakers…
In summary; In October 2018, it was stated that the Cirit and L-Umtas G/M shots were successfully carried out in the Aegean Sea on-board Burak Class ( ex-D'Estienne d'Orves-class A69 type Aviso ) corvettes.

I highly doubt if its an intelligence gathering /spy ship. I have seen rare examples of conversion from a combatant to spy ship but they were practically emergency conditions and temporary. And after all i dont think a combatant form has suitable room allocation for generators and engines required for a spy ship's electronics. Moreover, milgem has meant to be a combatant, convertible from ASW to ASuW, or even AAW with proper systems attached, but i doubt if it could a service ship.
I rather consider ufuk to be a training and test vessel, not solely but also a " training to manufacture " of the shipyard. More likely a routine has been set and Pendik shipyard assisted the process of building and fitting. The private shipyard will gain the ability and take the load of incoming I class, to relieve Pendik for TF-2000. Moreover, consider it as a +1 in combatant fleet, it wouldnt take weeks to convert it into an operating Milgem ready for combat.

Seeing other examples of Intelligence ships may clearly be a proof of why Milgem wouldnt make a good and efficient platform for this task. And not the ship, but i guess we need a good basis on EW / intelligence gathering equipments. Wouldnt take much effort to design an efficient platform once the equipments are provided. ( after achieving LST/ Milgem / Dimdeg another service ship isnt a big deal for industry)

Aselsan used to have another project related with test vessel to test their own equipment, a vessel meant to have Dynamic Positioning,but they might have been focused on dynamic positioning more than the vessel itself. Finally a vessel which could be used harsly without concerns of captains, freely and actively.

@Neptune so far i can remember Navy or others have their own intelligence units, how active they are in the field? Once intelligence has mentioned our people could mostly think " fisleme :)" could you broaden it for us?

@Neptune so far i can remember Navy or others have their own intelligence units, how active they are in the field? Once intelligence has mentioned our people could mostly think " fisleme :)" could you broaden it for us?

İşin fişleme kısmı için askeri istihbarata veya hele hele deniz kuvvetlerine hiç ihtiyaç yok ve bu amaçla gemi kullanılması çok abes olur. :D

Fişleme kısmına gelirsek; zaten ülke genelinde ulusal monitör sistemi sayesinde her türlü elektromanyetik kaynak izlenebiliyor. DPI sistemleri açısından dünyanın en gelişmiş imkanlara sahip olanlarından biriyiz ve tüm internet iletişimi izlemede ve kayıt altında. (paket içerikleri dahil) Bunu geçtim; 17-25 aralık sonrasında 500 milyon saatlik telefon kayıtlarının silinmesi konuşuluyordu ve bu açık kaynağa düştü. 80'lerde bile tüm telefon iletişimi kayıt altındaydı. Daha neyini fişleyecekler? :D :D

Back
Top Bottom