What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

ADA_vs_I_Class.jpg

u1tDg

u1tDg

attachment.php

Last edited:
Absolutely, it would be a waste of money to go for ada. Its makes little sense for a coumtry with Pakistans finances to have a $200M+ ships as peacetime sub hunters. The need desperately to add aerial defense.

Turkey has started to make its first “indigenous” frigate, dubbed the “Istanbul Frigate,” in an official ceremony in Istanbul with the attendance by Defense Minister Fikri Işık and Turkish Naval Forces Commander Bülent Bostanoğlu.

“It is one of the top priorities of our government to enable our military to have a strong navy equipped with locally made arms, as three of Turkey’s sides are surrounded by the sea,” said Işık on Jan. 19.

He added that the country has “proceeded a long way in recent years to developing its own war vessels,” in reference to the country’s MİLGEM (National Ship) project to develop indigenous warships.

The 113-meter long frigate is expected to be completed within the next four years and become online by 2021.

The “I-class” frigate will be equipped with indigenous infrared search and track systems, developed by ASELSAN.

The frigate will also be integrated with a Turkey-made electronic assault system, according to officials. Locally-made guided missiles and anti-torpedo shields will also be used.

The MİLGEM project covers the construction of a number of corvettes (Ada class) and frigates for the Turkish Navy. Until now, two corvettes were commissioned and the other two corvettes are under construction.

Işık stated that the project has reached an “indigenous contribution” of over 65 percent.

January/19/2017

Nothing is important more than aircraft carriers.I dont know why they dont start with it..take a lot of time for that we want to see it before our children ☺
----------------------------------------------------
IMG_5249.PNG

Turkey starts to make first ‘indigenous’ frigate
ISTANBUL

Send to friend »
n_108743_1.jpg

AA photo

Turkey has started to make its first “indigenous” frigate, dubbed the “Istanbul Frigate,” in an official ceremony in Istanbul with the attendance by Defense Minister Fikri Işık and Turkish Naval Forces Commander Bülent Bostanoğlu.

“It is one of the top priorities of our government to enable our military to have a strong navy equipped with locally made arms, as three of Turkey’s sides are surrounded by the sea,” said Işık on Jan. 19.

He added that the country has “proceeded a long way in recent years to developing its own war vessels,” in reference to the country’s MİLGEM (National Ship) project to develop indigenous warships.

The 113-meter long frigate is expected to be completed within the next four years and become online by 2021.

The “I-class” frigate will be equipped with indigenous infrared search and track systems, developed by ASELSAN.

The frigate will also be integrated with a Turkey-made electronic assault system, according to officials. Locally-made guided missiles and anti-torpedo shields will also be used.

The MİLGEM project covers the construction of a number of corvettes (Ada class) and frigates for the Turkish Navy. Until now, two corvettes were commissioned and the other two corvettes are under construction.

Işık stated that the project has reached an “indigenous contribution” of over 65 percent.
January/19/2017

http://tyrannosurusrex.wordpress.com/2016/03/01/i-sinifi-firkateyn/

The 4 I-class are to be named:
•TCG Istanbul (F-515)
•TCG Izmir (F-516)
•TCG Izmit (F-517)
•TCG Icel (F-518)

img_5433.jpg

Cost of an I-class = $325mln

Specs:
- length: 113 m
- Displacement: 3.000 ton
- max speed: 29 knot
- range: 6.000 nm (~11.112 km)
- crew: 125

Weapons:
- 2×8 adet RGM-84L Harpoon Blok II and/or ATMACA ASM
- 16 cell Mk41 VLS
- 64 RIM-164 ESSM (16 Quad Pack, ESSM Blok 2 planned)
- Phalanx Mk-15 Blok 1B CIWS
- Oto Melara 76/62 mm Super Rapid main gun
- 2x 324mm Mk-32 triple torpedo launcher
- 2x 25 mm Aselsan STOP
- 1 S-70B Seahawk helicopter

Sensors:
- Smart-S Mk-2 3D radar
- STING EO Mk2
- TBT-01 Yakamoz SONAR
- SatCom, GPS, LAN, Link 11/16
- ALPER LPI Radar, ECPINS-W, ECDIS/WECDIS
- Yaltes EPKIS
- E/O Director: Aselflir 300D
- Genesis ADVENT BMS

Elektronic warfare:
- SIGINT: Aselsan ARES-2N
- Torpedo dekoy, jammer: Sea Sentor SSTD
- Laser/RF
- ASW Jammer

propulsion:
- 2x MTU 16V595TE90 diesel
- 1x LM2500 gas turbine (CoDAG)
- 2x Escher-Wyss CPP

power system:
- 4x 588 kW generator

Size of Meko 200T1 Yavuz class: 110.5m x 14.2m x 4.1m (crew = 180)
Size of I-class first design: 110.6m x 14.4m x 4.03m (crew = 125)
Size of I-class extended final design: 113.2m x 14.4m x 4.05m (crew = 125)

fikateynjpg.jpg

TCG Kınaliada corvette (99m) is also under construction and expected to be launched on sea at the beginning of 2018. The same opening slipway will be used to construct first TF-2000 Destroyer (~145m) While construction of most parts of first I class frigate called TCG Istanbul (113m) is completed in same year.

Attacking/Defensive payloads of Turkish Naval Programs/I class frigate

- ESSM Blk 2 / Hisar-A/O SAM
- Gezgin LACM (~1000km)
-16x Atmaca ASM/land attack (222km+)
-TEMREN missiles
-Akya heavy + TORK light torpedoes
-Korkut-D CIWS

C0wfGO-WQAAfQPC.jpg

Why are we still using Smart S mk2? Çafrad phase(1) prototype should be this month, Unless Team bump into some problem Çafrad should be ready by the time this ship is on sea trials.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom