What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

My question is will the Turkish MRAP have exports in the same way as American MRAPs? I personally don't think so because the market is really, really crowded.

Are you comparing Turkey or any other country's export rates with united states? Meanwhile, Turkey has exported armored vehicles to many countries. I think you don't have an idea about this.

Are you comparing Turkey or any other country's export rates with united states? Meanwhile, Turkey has exported armored vehicles to many countries. I think you don't have an idea about this.
MRAPs are a huge market as I said before, there are 20-30 vehicles from various countries out right now. I'm saying I don't think it will sell as well and not saying it wont sell at all. One US MRAP sold 5250 units in the matter of 10 years which is a whole lot and I don't think in all honesty that Turkey can meet that which I assume realistically you would agree.

Also, South Africa sold many, many MRAPs while having a much smaller vehicle manufacturing capability than Turkey.

Last edited:
MRAPs are a huge market as I said before, there are 20-30 vehicles from various countries out right now. I'm saying I don't think it will sell as well and not saying it wont sell at all. One US MRAP sold 5250 units in the matter of 10 years which is a whole lot and I don't think in all honesty that Turkey can meet that which I assume realistically you would agree.

Also, South Africa sold many, many MRAPs while having a much smaller vehicle manufacturing capability than Turkey.
the thing is most of those companies dont produce their own engine, some countries such as Azerbaijan, Pakistan cannot really buy western tech. by making engine, on one hand it will be way cheaper than others, on the other hand, Turkey needed thousands of them and by exporting it, it will lower the cost..
nowadays many countries afraid to purchase critical things from western countries wwhen they have other options.. such as Malaysia and Indonesia..

the thing is most of those companies dont produce their own engine, some countries such as Azerbaijan, Pakistan cannot really buy western tech. by making engine, on one hand it will be way cheaper than others, on the other hand, Turkey needed thousands of them and by exporting it, it will lower the cost..
nowadays many countries afraid to purchase critical things from western countries wwhen they have other options.. such as Malaysia and Indonesia..

Japan, Korean and China more reliable i though

My question is will the Turkish MRAP have exports in the same way as American MRAPs? I personally don't think so because the market is really, really crowded.

Why do you want so much millitairy defence industry in Arab world? Ther is enough big companies why starting?

Why do you want so much millitairy defence industry in Arab world? Ther is enough big companies why starting?
That is completely different from what I was saying. The MRAPs sell will in Turkey I am sure but I'm saying personally I don't believe it will achieve a whole lot of exports albeit it will achieve some.

I mostly want Arab defense industries to achieve self-sufficiency and not actually exporting albeit it is a plus to take into account. Also, within the span of 20 years Jordan has achieved 21st in arms exports in the world that we know of, but most deals are undisclosed so I expect the totals are much bigger than published. Just this year Jordan already sold 77 million by February from exports to the UAE so I expect a bigger turnover this year. I appreciate Turkey for their JV for Aselsan ME and cooperation between the two nations related to defense.
https://knoema.com/atlas/ranks/Arms-exports

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/kaddb-signs-contracts-with-the-uae-for-77-million-usd.607762/

jjk.png

Also, I drifted off topic my bad.

Last edited:
That is completely different from what I was saying. The MRAPs sell will in Turkey I am sure but I'm saying personally I don't believe it will achieve a whole lot of exports albeit it will achieve some.

I mostly want Arab defense industries to achieve self-sufficiency and not actually exporting albeit it is a plus to take into account. Also, within the span of 20 years Jordan has achieved 21st in arms exports in the world that we know of, but most deals are undisclosed so I expect the totals are much bigger than published. Just this year Jordan already sold 77 million by February from exports to the UAE so I expect a bigger turnover this year. I appreciate Turkey for their JV for Aselsan ME and cooperation between the two nations related to defense.
https://knoema.com/atlas/ranks/Arms-exports

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/kaddb-signs-contracts-with-the-uae-for-77-million-usd.607762/

View attachment 552507

Also, I drifted off topic my bad.
from first look, actually it looks like as you said, everybody develop or show their MRAP these days, even Georgia..
However, very very few of them can actually make their own armor, own engine, georbox, suspension, thermal cameras, basically you will still be dependent on other invisible countries.. but Turkey can produce all of them. There is a reason why those countries cannot sell much

Dude Turkish companies such as Nurol Makina, Otokar, BMC, and FNSS sold thousands of MRAP/AFV's to foreign countries and created Joint ventures in Indonesia and Malaysia... Uzbekistan allone ordered 2017 over thousand vehicles.

Dude Turkish companies such as Nurol Makina, Otokar, BMC, and FNSS sold thousands of MRAP/AFV's to foreign countries and created Joint ventures in Indonesia and Malaysia... Uzbekistan allone ordered 2017 over thousand vehicles.
Give me some links then.

Give me some links then.

Turkish armored vehicles were bought by many countries.

• Malaysia
  • Bahrain
  • Georgia
  • Qatar
  • Tunusia
  • Turkmenistan
  • Senegal
  • Kazakhistan
  • Azerbaijan
  • Bangladesh
  • Algeria
  • Slovenia
  • Nigeria
  • Kosovo
  • Maldives
  • Mauritania
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Oman
  • Uzbekistan
  • Macedonia
Only otokar sold 21000 army vehicles i think as last time they mentioned and just last 2-3 years more than billion dollar worth to UAE, just add there Tunisia, Qatar, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan...

Not 21000. More than 30.000.

https://www.otokar.com.tr/tr-tr/yatirimci-iliskileri/yatirimci-sunumlari/Newsletters/2018sunum.pdf

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom