What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

I don't think the 12x12 version to be for tank carrier...
Neither they will use it only for transporting tanks whatever if it's the 8x8 or 12x12
well I guess they don't speak Turkish and don't know what "Tank taşıyıcı" means because it means Tank carrier

@Silahtar @Sinan

Frankly, 8x8 or 12x12 tank carrier is plain dumb. Purpose of a tank carrier is strategically deploying Tanks through main roads quickly, fuel efficiently and without damaging the road.

The tank can cross the rough terrain better than any wheeled vehicle so...

well I guess they don't speak Turkish and don't know what "Tank taşıyıcı" means because it means Tank carrier

Well, this is my point exactly. I think, they are saying, "Tank Carrier" instead of ballistic missile carrier.

Another example;

There is BMC 8X8 525-44 which is a missile carrier.

BMC.jpg

Go to BMCs website....nothing about it.
http://www.bmc.com.tr/savunma-sanayi/taktik-tekerlekli-araclar/bmc-185-09-b-4x4-25-ton-tta/?lang=en

A question; 8x8 means traction on all 8 wheels, right ?

Well, this is my point exactly. I think, they are saying, "Tank Carrier" instead of ballistic missile carrier.

Another example;

There is BMC 8X8 525-44 which is a missile carrier.

BMC.jpg

Go to BMCs website....nothing about it.
http://www.bmc.com.tr/savunma-sanayi/taktik-tekerlekli-araclar/bmc-185-09-b-4x4-25-ton-tta/?lang=en

A question; 8x8 means traction on all 8 wheels, right ?
it means all 4 axles are powered, it could be locked differential, limited slip differential etc. There are many all wheel drive systems.

My theory is, now that BMC is half owned by Qatar, there are some people working over there who don't speak Turkish

Funny thing is, we don't even have missiles that are so big and heavy that require a 12 wheel truck :)

Whatever, I'll stop beating this dead horse now.

it means all 4 axles are powered, it could be locked differential, limited slip differential etc. There are many all wheel drive systems.

My theory is, now that BMC is half owned by Qatar, there are some people working over there who don't speak Turkish
Yeah, and 12x12 means all axes are powered.

I don't seen any 12x12 "tank carrier"....but i have seen many 12x12 vehicles.

Some examples;
taian_htf5680_TEL.jpg

19077d1212632497-commercial-vehicle-thread-tatraforcebrahmoscarrier.jpg

DF-26%20IRBM.jpg

Yeah, and 12x12 means all axes are powered.

I don't seen any 12x12 "tank carrier"....but i have seen many 12x12 vehicles.
Brahmos is an MRBM, the others are ICBMs, we won't have anything like that anytime soon so what this is meant for is a mystery to me

To be fair there can be a 4 axle tank carrier, but it would be 2 front axles steering and 2 rear axles powered. That's usually how it goes

Funny thing is, we don't even have missiles that are so big and heavy that require a 12 wheel truck :)

You forget that Sultan gave orders to Tubitak for Missiles with 2500 km range like 7 years ago.
https://www.memurlar.net/haber/2138...alimat-2500-km-menzilli-fuze-yapin-video.html

To be fair there can be a 4 axle tank carrier, but it would be 2 front axles steering and 2 rear axles powered. That's usually how it goes

Yeah, hypothetically can be like that....but do we even need a system like that in the first place ?

A commercial truck with a trailer is enough for the job.

But 8×8, 10×10, 12×12 tank carrier ?

No, sir...it is not going to be a tank carrier.

That sudden realization, i will be very mad if that isnt the case. :argh:

Btw: Cabatli is giving thanks in this issue like no tomorrow, is that a hint?

BcoSPloIYAARqaB.jpg

Yeah I think we might be onto something... although it'll be funny if it turns out true and we'll know that BMC unintentionally exposed a state secret :D

Developing MRBM in 7 years ?
J600T is a solid fuel rocket. So we're developing liquid fuel rocket motors, turbo pumps and everything from scratch. Looks reasonable to me.

Besides it's hardly a priority. Turkey isn't obsessed about ballistic missiles like Iran is.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom