What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

Tosun
Tank, top, tosun.

Emniyet-guclerine-zirhli-is-makinesi-Tosun91175_0.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite is the Kaplan talk about significant improvements in IFV and APC design and incorporation of modern hardware, software, and protection into a robust platform. On top of that it can so far reach 35+ tons. Very impressive. I am curious about the cost per vehicle (granted it will depend on how many a customer buys). It would be an interesting fact.

Way to go Turkey and its engineers at the many different companies that incorporate both military and civilian technologies.

Development of a modernization package for Firtina Howitzers to be showcased at IDEF'19.

Going off by what Aselsan said they could achieve for Australian Howitzer Tender (which was cancelled in favor of towed howitzers)

“We were more than confident in our ability to meet the Commonwealth’s stated MRSI
requirement, but it now looks as though we can comfortably exceed it,” said Raytheon Australia’s
Managing Director, Ron Fisher. “The requirement is for a 5 to 7 round MRSI across a 10 second
span, and our team at Aselsan advises 7 rounds and possibly more are achievable.
“That’s good news for the Commonwealth, because it promises very high levels of performance
regardless of which charge system is ultimately selected,” said Fisher. “It also shows once again
that the Aselsan weapon management system is a highly capable system which is well matched to
the AS-9.”

http://www.raytheon.com.au/rtnwcm/groups/rau/documents/download/rau_news_rel_2008_as9_sph.pdf

Last edited:
Archer

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/fastest-howitzer-in-the-world-archer-artillery-system.411609/

Firtina

"The K9 Thunder has a maximum rate of fire of 6 rounds per minute and is capable of multiple-round simultaneous-impact firing. It is able to fire three rounds in 15 seconds, each in different trajectories, so that all of the shells arrive on target at the same time."
Barrage shooting needs high developed computers and software. Aselsan could be working on it. Mechanical autoloader parts are not Aselsan job. They could try to make draws and plans of the "Super Rapido " 155 mm which could be revolutionary.

A 155 mm howitzer with a fire rate of 7 rounds in 10 seconds could need a water cooled gun. There are serious developments for naval platforms. AGS. systems.

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_61-62_ags.php

"The test successfully demonstrated a sustained maximum rate of fire of at least ten rounds per minute in eight round bursts.

1. This weapon was originally designed with a triangular barrel, but this has been dropped in favor of a conventional cylindrical, water-cooled design.

is there explosives in the net ?

It was my own idea to integrate small ball explosives in the net. But it is solved from Quora:

It should also be noted that the armor is not always the cage type either. If you look at the skirt of the tank below you will see a series of small balls suspended by iron chains. These function in much of the same way but are intented to disapate the warheads force without destroying the chain armor itself.

7 rounds in 10 seconds ? Am i understanding something wrong ?

I don't believe it's fire rate, but the time it takes for MRSI salvo of 5-7 rounds to saturate a targeted area.

So, firing a salvo of 5-7 rounds could take less then a minute lets say, an advanced FCS could tighten up the time for all those rounds fired in a minute to impact on target within a 10 second time span Which doesn't make it seem like a simultaneous impact, but I'm sure having 5-7 shells landing within landing within seconds of each other sure might feel simultaneous..

800px-Evers_AMOS.svg.png

There's no way, not even an automated system to allow a land based howitzer to fire 5-7 shells within 10 seconds.. Certainly no modernization package..

So, firing a salvo of 5-7 rounds could take less then a minute lets say, an advanced FCS could tighten up the time for all those rounds fired in a minute to impact on target within a 10 second time span Which doesn't make it seem like a simultaneous impact, but I'm sure having 5-7 shells landing within landing within seconds of each other sure might feel simultaneous..

(1:25)

Are these Fırtınas' are using some kind of battle management system, if not firing from 7 Fırtınas in 10 seconds shouldn't be a problem ?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom