What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

Interesting part
- Akkor APS
IMG_1284.jpg

- Smart nozzle, measures the speed of bullets, adjustable shooting speed.
IMG_1282.jpg

- Multiple munition 35 mm
IMG_1283.jpg

- Sniper detection system
IMG_1287.jpg

- Mini UAV surplus surveillance
IMG_1285.jpg

Last edited:
ADD 2xUMTAS + 2xIgla Like .... And make it Fully autonomous...

Then Enjoy the New " Battlefield - Middle East Edition "
And put this turret on 8x8 wheeled vehicle for ARMA or PARS:)
I would photoshop it for you if the boss hadnt forbidden to me:)

Why didn't they attach ATGMs on the turret?
Ammo capacity is great. 30x173mm caliber ammos 300 ready + 300 in the vehicle.

C_iMhoPWAAEFd4G.jpg

Aselsan to sign agreement with Undersecretariat for Defence Industries (SSM) to improve M60T capalities to deal with ATGM's. The name of the project is FIRAT-M60T.

Am I the only one who thinks that enough money was invested in those tanks?

There is no other alternative , we must urgently upgrade also the Leo's to NG standart . Altay project is the cue and even not signed. If Otokar gets the contract and we assume that they begin producing and delivering from January 2018 4 tanks per month the first batch of 250 Altay with MTU and AKKOr would be completed optimistic calculated 4 x12 = 48 x 5 = 240 in 5 years that means 2023.
But Arifiye and Kayseri Military armor maintenance and production factories could modernize afaik 400 M-60 + 200 Leo 2's within 18-24 months. I will try to find the source for you. I did read that it is already decided.

Firstly, Altay needs time to get sufficient numbers
Secondly, risks around needs immediate strong tank force and
Thirdly, you should have war-time storage which are M-48 by now.

And put this turret on 8x8 wheeled vehicle for ARMA or PARS:)
I would photoshop it for you if the boss hadnt forbidden to me:)

Why didn't they attach ATGMs on the turret?
Ammo capacity is great. 30x173mm caliber ammos 300 ready + 300 in the vehicle.
I am also thinking the same they should have Turrets which along with the main Gun should have Anti Tank Missiles on it

IDEF 2017: FNSS displays Kaplan AFV armed with 30 mm gun

Turkey's FNSS unveiled a version of its Kaplan tracked armoured vehicle armed with a 30 mm gun at the country's IDEF 2017 exhibition, held in Istanbul on 9-12 May. The medium-calibre armament is designed to allow the new vehicle to operate alongside main battle tanks (MBTs).

p1701588.jpg

Front view of the Kaplan-30 AFV, which sports an FNSS Teber-30 turret housing a 30 mm Orbital ATK MK44 dual-feed automatic cannon and 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun. (IHS Markit/James Bingham)

The Kaplan-30 Next Generation Armoured Fighting Vehicle (NGAFV) is fitted with an FNSS Teber-30 turret housing a 30 mm Orbital ATK Armament Systems MK44 dual-feed automatic cannon and 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun.

The turret is fitted with an independent panoramic commander's sight and a stabilised gunner's sight. Both of these are equipped with a laser rangefinder, fire control system (FCS), and day/thermal channels. The turret's modular ammunition box and chutes can also be converted to fire 35 mm or 40 mm SuperShot ammunition if the cannon is changed. The Teber turret is available in both two-person and remote-controlled configurations.

The new vehicle is also fitted with a modular armour system and underbelly mine protection, with integration of an active protection system (APS) also available as an option. This could comprise the hard-kill Akkor system, developed by Turkish company Aselsan and intended to equip the Altay MBT, or a foreign system. An acoustic shot detection system is also mounted to the roof of the vehicle.

p1701589.jpg

Rear view of the Kaplan-30 AFV. (IHS Markit/James Bingham)

Unlike the Kaplan-20, the Kaplan-30 is fitted with two banks of four smoke grenade launchers to the rear of the hull roof, with an additional pair of four mounted on the turret sides. These could conceivably be linked to a soft-kill APS to fire automatically in response to detected projectile threats such as laser-guided anti-tank missiles. A situational awareness system consisting of a number of externally mounted cameras, a battlefield management system (BMS), and an identification friend-or-foe (IFF) system are also fitted.

Unlike the Kaplan-20, the Kaplan-30 is not amphibious but it does have increased interior space because it is 35 cm wider and 10 cm higher.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options: ihs.com/contact

To read the full article, Client Login
(341 of 455 words)

http://www.janes.com/article/70348/idef-2017-fnss-displays-kaplan-afv-armed-with-30-mm-gun

Back
Top Bottom