What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

12794534_549064115255767_3780616817353010945_n.jpg

You are calling me to the fire:) We are in dangerous water forbidden us.

Absolutly we need turreted mortars .
Why using mortars? Because They are chep,they have capabilty- indirect fire and more effective range .
Why using mortar on the vehicles? Becauser they have low recoill and muzzle velocity which can damaged and shake the wheeled vehicle, which affect the accuracy. Mortar shells arent as big as artillery shells. Mortar shells weight 3 time less.
Why using turreted mortar? Because its quick, smart and safe. Turkish army has M113 with mortars but they arent smart ans safety.They arent breech loading. Crew should open the top of the vehicle in order to firiing. Also They dont have direct fire capability.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The AMOS is very complicated and expensive. The AMOS has expensive, auto loading system.

But The Polish RAK System more suitable for Turkish Army.

This 120 mm Rak turret mortar system can be integrated onto tracked and wheeled chassis with the latter including the Patria Vehicles Armoured Modular Vehicle (AMV) of which 690 have been ordered by the Polish Army with first deliveries made in 2007.

LAND_%20Marder_RAK_120mm_Mortar_DziennikZbrojny_lg.jpg

Rosomak_8x8_armoured_vehicle_with_HSW_120mm_mortar_turret_MSPO_2013_defense_exhibition_Kielce_Poland_001.jpg

I would like to see ARMA with RAK.

I've seen two types of armor, one is the above ''soft'' one and the other seems harder but still no metal bars like with the Tunisian Kirpi. I think the second one is solely for the METI teams.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom