What's new

Turkish Land Forces

Weapon Locating Radar COBRA

The Counter Battery Radar (COBRA) is the world's most advanced weapon location system comprising a high performance radar, advanced processing, and integrated, flexible command, control and communication system.

COBRA is a singularly effective force on the battlefield, performing the following basic tactical missions rapidly and accurately:

• Detection, location and classification of hostile mortars, rockel lounchers and artillery batteries.
  • Prediction of shell impact points.
  • Registration and adjustment of friendly firings.
  • Creation of battlefield intelligence.
  • Determination of jamming data.
  • Communication with battle force.
94kVvN.jpg

Must be that fire Monster on the way to Syrian Boarder ( Steel ball warhead )
TR-122 ve TRB-122

TRB-122
Çap 122 mm
Azami Menzil 36 km (deniz seviyesinde)
Azami Menzil 40 km (600 m rakımda)
Asgari Menzil 21 km
Ağırlık 65.9 kg
Yakıt Tipi Kompozit
Harp Başlığı Tipi Çelik Bilyeli
Harp Başlığı Ağırlığı 18.4 kg
Harp Başlığı Etki Yarıçapı 40 m
Tapa Tipi Yaklaşmalı
Raf Ömrü 10 yıl

An other on the way to Syrian boarder ftom Polatli Missile and Artillery Range

ankara-dan-suriye-sinirina-top-ve-fuze-batary-7478898_x_o.jpg

Don't look like a MRLS which @xxxKULxxx has posted.
We sold 2 firefinder radar to turkey.

Last edited:
Yes, but command cabin is missing.

You are right. The Image Shows actually COBRA ALS.

The News are confusing in the following link and Video , they a convoi with Show COBRA Artillery Locating System and others and say from 58. Artillery Brigade in Polatli were moved MLRS,, AmmO and Cobra Artillery Location Systems. On the official Roketsan Website is written that TR-122 System is mounted on 6x6 or 8x8 wheeled tactical vehicles.

Suriye sınırına top ve füze bataryaları sevk edildi - CNN TÜRK

T-122 ÇNRA, 122 mm.lik Çok Namlulu Roketatar « Roketsan

30268087.jpg

Former Version with command cabin

t-122-lanceri.jpg

New Version without command cabin, twin Launch Containers, electric cabinet and power unit

038-x-8-t-122_300-lanceri-2-x-20-122-mm-podlu-konfigurasyon-cizim.jpg

I believe for security reasons it is remote controlled with BORA FCS

http://www.ssm.gov.tr/katalog2007/data/334/uruntr/3.htm

I believe in the same convoi are FCS Containers

ankara039dan-suriye-sinirina-fuze-bataryasi-44296-6g.jpg

Genuine Photo from Airbus Defence meets 1:1

Cobra2_490.jpg

Last edited:
The landing strip confused me.

Long one is Süleyman Demirel Airport's... Land Forces is moving that school from Ankara to Isparta... I think this campus will be so good...

BTW some aircrafts like King Air also used by Land Forces... Also UAVs... I don't know but maybe UAV trainings will be there too...

Güvercinlik is antiquated. And Jandarma and SF School Egridir is neighbour. That's reason for it.

11828668_10155849362385361_4264080341728693714_n.jpg

How is this mortar going to operate, any info?

I guess that it's the "Zirhli 120mm HAVAN ARACI" that you refer to, am I correct?
If so, then perhaps it will be similar to the Advanced Mortar System, also known by its acronym "AMOS";

The twin barrelled AMOS is able to keep up rate of fire of 12 rounds per minute. Using its computer controlled MRSI feature (multiple rounds simultaneous impact) it is possible to set up a burst of up to 16 rounds that hit the target simultaneously. The first rounds are fired at higher angles with more propellant so that the rounds fly in a high arc. The next rounds are shot later with a slightly smaller angle and less propellant so that they fly a lower arc to the same target. This can be done seven times in a row, always adjusting the angle and power. The adjustment between shots is done by a computer. The strike of one AMOS unit roughly equals one strike of an artillery battery.

An AMOS turret has a full 360-degree field of fire at elevations of −3 to +85 degrees. AMOS is capable of both conventional indirect fire and direct fire for self-protection.

Back
Top Bottom