Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Turkish foreign minister to visit Bangladesh Tuesday
UNB
  • Published at 06:42 pm December 21st, 2020

Bangladesh and  Turkey National Flag

File photo: Bangladesh and Turkey National Flag Dhaka Tribune

The trade volume between the two countries in the first 10 months of the current year stood at $754 million
Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu is expected to arrive in Dhaka on Tuesday on a two-day visit.

Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu is likely to discuss bilateral and regional issues and move the bilateral ties forward – giving closer attention to stronger trade and investment relations.

The Turkish foreign minister will have a meeting with his Bangladesh counterpart Dr AK Abdul Momen on early Wednesday, a senior official at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs told UNB.

The meeting will be held at state guest house Padma, and the media will be briefed about it at noon.

The two ministers are likely to join the formal inauguration of the newly built Turkish Embassy in Dhaka on the same day.

Dr Momen visited Turkey in September this year and joined the formal inauguration of the newly built Bangladesh Embassy in Ankara. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina joined the program as the chief guest virtually.

Turkish Ambassador to Bangladesh Mustafa Osman Turan recently said his country eyed an increased investment in Bangladesh with significant growth in bilateral trade through product diversification.

“We see a Bangladesh which has a very bright future. The country’s economy is growing fast like ours. Turkish investors are keen to invest in Bangladesh as it offers attractive incentives for foreign investors,” Turan told UNB.

A prominent Turkish company will primarily invest $100 million in the liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) sector in Chittagong.

Improving trade ties between the two countries, boosting investment, enhancing cultural and people-to-people contacts are among the priorities of Turkey in Bangladesh.

The bilateral trade volume between the two countries now stands at around $1 billion, and the two countries are looking forward to making the number bigger.

The trade volume between the two countries in the first 10 months of the current year stood at $754 million.

If BD wasn't so corrupt then maybe some real business could be done. But at this stage shit is hopeless. BD ranks among the worst in the Ease of doing Business Index, and the government has no foreign policy. The agenda right now is just to keep business as usual until the state implodes by 2050. Then Myanmar can take half of Chittagong while everything else falls apart.

If BD wasn't so corrupt then maybe some real business could be done. But at this stage shit is hopeless. BD ranks among the worst in the Ease of doing Business Index, and the government has no foreign policy. The agenda right now is just to keep business as usual until the state implodes by 2050. Then Myanmar can take half of Chittagong while everything else falls apart.

Join date 20th december which is yesterday? but posting alarming shitty posts

Join date 20th december which is yesterday? but posting alarming shitty posts

My account is a year older then yours. Moron.

Stick to the topic. Not your infatuation with me rather than my points.

BD ranks in the bottom 22 of the business index. Most of the countries below it are warzones.

I just spent all evening yesterday listening to someone who's been involved in a land grabbing case, and hearing other stories of corruption and crimes and how they cant get justice. Things that have been rampant for decades and nothing new but getting worse. These fuckers even make false rape cases just to force people to give up their own land rights, bribe court officials, and everything under the sun. This guy and others even had their houses bulldozed in a completely unrelated case because the government needs to widen roads but they can't even get compensation! So now that's a whole other court case.

Last edited:
My account is a year older then yours. Moron.

Stick to the topic. Not your infatuation with me rather than my points.

BD ranks in the bottom 22 of the business index. Most of the countries below it are warzones.

I just spent all evening yesterday listening to someone who's been involved in a land grabbing case, and hearing other stories of corruption and crimes and how they cant get justice. Things that have been rampant for decades and nothing new but getting worse. These fuckers even make false rape cases just to force people to give up their own land rights, bribe court officials, and everything under the sun. This guy and others even had their houses bulldozed in a completely unrelated case because the government needs to widen roads but they can't even get compensation! So now that's a whole other court case.
you're palestanian and live in bd?

Back
Top Bottom