What's new

Turkish Affairs Forum Under World Affairs

Hakan

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
As you all know there are many turkish members here on this site and we appreciate that we have our own defence forum however I believe that it is necessary to create another turkish forum under world affairs. This new forum would be used to post news and to discuss general things about turkey that are not defence related.The indians basically have their own non defence related forum already called central and south asia so it would only be fair if we turks got our own considering our large and active population.

Number of the Turkish Users in PDF

Currently we have many non defence related threads in the turkish defence forum which distract users from defence related topics.The defence related threads are getting bumped to the bottom of our front page because the non defence related stuff attracts more attention. IMO these threads could be moved to the new Turkish Affairs forum.

Examples of popular threads that would be moved are (These are all active threads):

Turkish Economy - News & Updates
Pictures of Turkey
German parliament approves dual citizenship
Turkish Politics
Turkish Geopolitics/ Foreign Affairs
Turkish Football | News, Updates, and Discussions
Turkic - Anatolian Music
Syrian - Iraqi Turkmen Support Thread
Poll: Turkey's possible future union
Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.
Huge Projects of Türkiye
The Uyghur issue
Turkic - Anatolian Cuisines

These are only a few of the many non defence related threads we have. The ones I listed could all become sticky threads automatically so its not like we would have a new empty section. I would like to add that I would be willing to moderate the new forum/ subsection if everyone agrees.

Im waiting to hear everyones opinion regarding this issue.

Thanks.

@cabatli_53@xenon54@T-123456@Targon@Ahiska@BronzePlaque@TurAr@usernameless@atatwolf@asena_great@Asena_Y@rmi5@Baykuş@olcayto@Kaan@Combat-Master@xxxKULxxx@Hyperion@Rumelia@mrexil@telkon@Timur@Wave@u.MP@Islamic faith&Secularism@El-turco@Yenikuyu@what@revojam@Kamil_baku@Azeri440@ASQ-1918@faheka@Seyfullah@MertKaan@AKINCI@[TR]Ahmet@damm1t@tesla@Casus Belli@MrTopal27@Sinan@Quasar@Oublious@hacksquat@anatolia@Charon 2@ozi2000@LegionnairE@BordoEnes@N.Ozkan@XILLAX@turkbordobereli@golgelerprensi@fighting sparrow@Trick2UAV@BaybarsHan[/USER@[USER=136538]Alienoz_TR@meral@hopeful73@mehmet75@altor@mert can[/USER]

@Slav Defence @Aeronaut @WebMaster

Could be... i think we need a sub-section, for non-defence related topics.

@Kaan
I like your idea.Besides international affairs,I believe that turkey must also have their domestic issues thread in which we all discuss about domestic news such as local crimes taking place.:D

Regards​

As you all know there are many turkish members here on this site and we appreciate that we have our own defence forum however I believe that it is necessary to create another turkish forum under world affairs. This new forum would be used to post news and to discuss general things about turkey that are not defence related.The indians basically have their own non defence related forum already called central and south asia so it would only be fair if we turks got our own considering our large and active population.

Number of the Turkish Users in PDF

Currently we have many non defence related threads in the turkish defence forum which distract users from defence related topics.The defence related threads are getting bumped to the bottom of our front page because the non defence related stuff attracts more attention. IMO these threads could be moved to the new Turkish Affairs forum.

Examples of popular threads that would be moved are (These are all active threads):

Turkish Economy - News & Updates
Pictures of Turkey
German parliament approves dual citizenship
Turkish Politics
Turkish Geopolitics/ Foreign Affairs
Turkish Football | News, Updates, and Discussions
Turkic - Anatolian Music
Syrian - Iraqi Turkmen Support Thread
Poll: Turkey's possible future union
Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.
Huge Projects of Türkiye
The Uyghur issue
Turkic - Anatolian Cuisines

These are only a few of the many non defence related threads we have. The ones I listed could all become sticky threads automatically so its not like we would have a new empty section. I would like to add that I would be willing to moderate the new forum/ subsection if everyone agrees.

Im waiting to hear everyones opinion regarding this issue.

Thanks.

@cabatli_53@xenon54@T-123456@Targon@Ahiska@BronzePlaque@TurAr@usernameless@atatwolf@asena_great@Asena_Y@rmi5@Baykuş@olcayto@Kaan@Combat-Master@xxxKULxxx@Hyperion@Rumelia@mrexil@telkon@Timur@Wave@u.MP@Islamic faith&Secularism@El-turco@Yenikuyu@what@revojam@Kamil_baku@Azeri440@ASQ-1918@faheka@Seyfullah@MertKaan@AKINCI@[TR]Ahmet@damm1t@tesla@Casus Belli@MrTopal27@Sinan@Quasar@Oublious@hacksquat@anatolia@Charon 2@ozi2000@LegionnairE@BordoEnes@N.Ozkan@XILLAX@turkbordobereli@golgelerprensi@fighting sparrow@Trick2UAV@BaybarsHan[/USER@[USER=136538]Alienoz_TR@meral@hopeful73@mehmet75@altor@mert can[/USER]

@Slav Defence @Aeronaut @WebMaster

europe or middle section isn't enough?

Use TDF for now. We are discussing something else, if it goes through, the Turkish topics can be shifted to another section. For now please allow non defense related topics in TDF or Europe section.

Back
Top Bottom