What's new

Turkish A&D exports rise in 2017, reaching to USD1.74 billion, surprise Indian factor

Neptune

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I saw it on several news outlets in Turkey however it really came into my interest since it is from IHS Jane and India was said to be top third market for Turkish defence industry regardless of the value. Any information will be useful.

Quote from Fortune Magazine's Turkey edition:

"Defense exports to India rose by 125% when compared to last year, 2016, jumping to third place followed by France, Poland,UK, Saudi Arabia, Italy, Malaysia, Azerbaijan"

http://www.fortuneturkey.com/savunmada-ihracat-rekoru-50265

Turkish A&D exports see 3.72% rise in 2017, reaching to USD1.74 billion
Lale Sariibrahimoglu - Jane's Defence Weekly
04 January 2018

Turkey’s Exporters Assembly (TIM) reported on 4 January that the country’s aerospace and defence (A&D) exports saw a 3.72% rise in 2017 compared with the previous year, reaching to USD1.74 billion. The value of Turkish A&D exports realised over the past five years, meanwhile, has reached USD8.1 billion.

The United States was the top recipient of Turkish A&D exports, followed by Germany and India. Turkish exports to the United States saw an 18% rise in 2017, reaching USD692.3 million, while exports to Germany reached USD208.6 million and those to India USD106.8 million.

Turkish exports to India are believed to have been realised through the private-sector companies, as there is no known direct defence deal between the two countries.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options at ihs.com/contact

To read the full article, Client Login
(142 of 253 words)

http://www.janes.com/article/76809/...3-72-rise-in-2017-reaching-to-usd1-74-billion

Last edited:
Many Private Indian companies buy Turkish Defense Products i Havent seen any governmental deals

Your beg and we buy!
Not everyone here is Pakistan. You Indians need to know that Pakistan didn't create this notorious reputation. India did it itself.

I'm exactly what my flag said. Chinese American from Taiwan.

Not everyone here is Pakistan. You Indians need to know that Pakistan didn't create this notorious reputation. India did it itself.

I'm exactly what my flag said. Chinese American from Taiwan.

A Taiwanese dedicated her life to troll against India!!! Your tny brain will like others to believe that, but thats not possible in real world.

A Taiwanese dedicated her life to troll against India!!! Your tny brain will like others to believe that, but thats not possible in real world.

Well, I’m not trolling India and I’m not anti India. I’m just anti bragging and exaggeration.

Ratings: -0+3 / 13,067 / -34

Pot calling the kettle brown? :)

Back
Top Bottom