What's new

Turkey’s S-400 vs F-35 dilemma in 2019

F-35 vs S-400; If Turkey had to choose one, which one should it choose?

• F-35

• S-400

Results are only viewable after voting.
Turkey can't activate S-400. It does not integrate well into their existing network. Why do you think they bought it?
it could be used as stand alone system, and Turkey will develop software and hardware to integrade rest of its defense networks, its not that diffcult that you think

Turkey can't activate S-400. It does not integrate well into their existing network. Why do you think they bought it?
There was an incident a few years ago, where Turkish IT engineers hacked the IFF of American hardware in our inventory, what brought up some diplomatic trouble - so don't tell us that its impossible to activate them even without Russias permission ...

Russia:"Without our consent, Turkey can't sell the S400 to any country"

Whaaaaat, really? I tought quote :"
“We’ve sold the system that Turkey wanted to buy,” CNN-Turk television cited the envoy, Aleksei Erkhov, as saying during an interview in Ankara. “The owner of the system is Turkey. It is purely the country’s decision” whether to activate the missiles or not, he said in translated comments on Wednesday.
“We sold the car, I took the money and delivered the car -- it is your car, you can go to the beach, you can carry potatoes, you can mount a machine gun and go to war,” Erkhov told CNN-Turk. “It is your most natural right to keep it in the garage” as well.

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/onwe...turkey-free-to-do-what-it-wants-with-missiles
Copyright © BloombergQuint

Looks like Russia has been put in a fix..

Turkiye (English: Turkey, Russian: Turki) isn't just the name of a random country...

Anyway, Turiye is a serious state...

Whaaaaat, really? I tought quote :"
If you watched the intervieuw, you would have seen that he was clearly trolling from the start. Joking about bombing hospitals... The quoted part is just related to the fact that Turkey still didn't activated the system.

Poland, South Korea and Greece planning to buy F-35s. Where are the people that were saying the F-35 program would fall without Turkey now?

Poland, South Korea and Greece planning to buy F-35s. Where are the people that were saying the F-35 program would fall without Turkey now?
I don't think I've ever read that it was going to fail without Turkey, only that it would become more expensive.

I don't think I've ever read that it was going to fail without Turkey, only that it would become more expensive.
Well I have. People in this very forum were talking about how Turkey’s exclusion would create a domino effect and how many countries who are on the fence would cancel their purchases after the price increases.

Back
Top Bottom