What's new

Turkey’s Erdoğan to Iran’s Rouhani: Turkey will not remain indifferent to terrorism

atatwolf

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan had a meeting over the phone with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Wednesday in which Erdoğan strongly expressed that Turkey will not remain indifferent to terror threats/threats of terrorism aimed at its national security.

Emphasizing that the instability and chaotic order in Iraq and Syria negatively affects the surrounding countries in the region, the Turkish President informed his Iranian counterpart about Turkey's recent anti-terror operations notably against ISIS and the PKK, stated presidential sources.

Pointing out that Turkey's July 24 anti-terror operation was a right of defense in accordance with Article 51 of the UN Charter, Erdoğan stated the UN Security Council members and the NATO Council were informed about the steps taken in the fight against terrorism.

Rouhani also gave his condolences to the Turkish nation and expressed deep sorrow for those who lost their lives in terrorist attacks.

The two leaders, meeting on the occasion, also exchanged views on regional issues. While Erdoğan reminded his counterpart that stability in Syria will not be possible with the Assad regime, Rouhani expressed that despite dissents on some issues, Iran placed great importance on strengthening bilateral relations with Turkey
Turkey’s Erdoğan to Iran’s Rouhani: Turkey will not remain indifferent to terrorism - Daily Sabah

Of course Turkey will not remain indifferent to terrorism, they will actively support it. In all seriousness, Turkey should be in the list of official sponsors of terrorist more so than Cuba was and under more sanctions too

You asked the same thing a few days ago:
Turkish Anti ISIS Operations | Updates & Discussions | Page 10

This game is good for improving memory :D

Simon Says - A free Bulmaca Game

Yes I remember well, but I wanted to know about the huge media sham that started by Turkey that it will start anti-ISIS operations, but in reality, almost nothing was done.

Don't blame me, blame your media and gov. :D

Though I don't blame them, they needed that sham to bomb PKK, without it, it would be politically harder to only bomb PKK and leave ISIS as chill dudes they were like before. :)

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan had a meeting over the phone with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Wednesday in which Erdoğan strongly expressed that Turkey will not remain indifferent to terror threats/threats of terrorism aimed at its national security.

Good to see Turkey PM still endorse strict attitude towards terrorism which is quite rare in the Muslim worlds. Given the sectarian violence promoted all over the Middle East including the remaining non-Arab Muslim worlds by popular Muslim nations, it is important to serve reminder that terrorism will not be tolerated at all.

Ironically, non Arab Muslim nations like Pakistan and Turkey takes serious in tackling terrorism in highest priority. :tup:

Lool Both of them support their own 'good' terrorists. Turkey will rather tolerate/have ISIS(which the whole world despises) in control of syria and iraqi borders than PKK, and Iran will keep supporting its own terrorists Hezbollah and Hamas.
So i dont see what bothof them are talking about tackling terrorism. To each his own terror group.:chilli::cheers:

Yes I remember well, but I wanted to know about the huge media sham that started by Turkey that it will start anti-ISIS operations, but in reality, almost nothing was done.

Don't blame me, blame your media and gov. :D

Though I don't blame them, they needed that sham to bomb PKK, without it, it would be politically harder to only bomb PKK and leave ISIS as chill dudes they were like before. :)

what are you even saying?

PKK is a long time enemy of Turkey , they don't need a cover up to bomb PKK as there were hostilities already occurring

apart from Turkey itself bombing ISIS , Turkey also allowed US to launch air strikes from Incirik Air Base
obviously Turkey will focus mainly on PKK , because its a bigger threat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom