What's new

Turkey to Tender 4 billion$ Worth of 107 Utility Helicopter

AKINCI

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Decision will be taken in April among Sikorsky UH-60 Agusta-Westland A-149.

08_20b_KA2004-R103-2272d.jpg

+We may install indigenous main mission computer
+We will gain to production capability of transsmission and most of other parts of helicopter except engine
+Sikorsky will build a production line for equip to all of UH-60s which will come nearly empty from Sikorsky's Poland factory
+Turkish Army has been using it succesfully since 20 years

2-aw149-helicopter.jpg

+Turkey will have %50 rights of A-149 and may sell to 3rd countries
+Production will be only in Turkey
+We will gain to production capability of transsmission and most of other parts of helicopter except engine
+We may install indigenous main mission computer

Which one do you prefer?

UH-60

Powerplant and fuel system
Number of Engines 2
Engine Type T700-GE-701D
Take-off Shaft horsepower (5 min) 3,988 shp 2,974 kw
OEI Shaft horsepower (30 sec) 1,940 shp 1,447 kw

Performance
Maximum Gross Weight 22,000 lbs 9,979 kg
Maximum Cruise Speed 151 kts 280 km/h
Maximum Range - No Reserve 276 nm 511 km
HIGE Ceiling 10,520 ft 3,206 m
HOGE Ceiling 6,010 ft 1,831 m
OEI Service Ceiling 6,500 ft 1,981 m
AEO Service Ceiling 15,180 ft 4,626 m

Accommodations
Cabin Length 12.6 ft 3.8 m
Cabin Width 7.7 ft 2.3 m
Cabin Height 4.5 ft 1.3 m
Cabin Area 88 ft2 8.1 m2
Cabin Volume 396 ft3 11.2 m3
Baggage Volume 20 ft3 0.5 m3

mil_UH60M_attr_a.gif

AW-149

Weights
Take-off Mass 8.6 tonne
Cabin Volume 11.6 cu. m 389 cu. ft
Rear Cargo hold 2.4 cu. m 71 cu. ft

Crew
Pilots/Troops 2/18

Performance
Maximum cruise speed 278 km/h 150 kts
Hover OGE (35 C/ 95 F) Mission weight :
12 troops in full combat order for 150nm radius >1830 m >6000 ft
Engines (take-off power) 2 x 1477 kW 2 x 1980 shp

AW149-lav-up.png

S-70 simply because it has been in our armed forces for a long time and proved very effective. The navy also uses it.

AW-149 is great too so i wouldn't really be concenend if we went for it but the S-70 we have alot of experience with.

If a big problem does not occur, it looks like sikorsky will be chosen on 12 April.

since we are free to install indigenous main mission computer,id like to see sikorsky is chosen.

not super but more than regional power bro. i think we should have nuclear missiles like pakistan independent from NATO .

We sold you conventional ballistic missiles like the J-600T but the nuclear warhead is something you're going to have to make yourself.

We sold you conventional ballistic missiles like the J-600T but the nuclear warhead is something you're going to have to make yourself.

we are not goig to produce nuclear warhead in the short term because of the political reasons..no need to scare the birds,anyway.

We have 50 nuclear warhead at NATO air base but i don't know whether we can use them apart from NATO.

Turkey to make helicopter decision on Tuesday

ÜMİT ENGİNSOY April 10, 2011

Turkey's top government and military authorities will meet Tuesday to select and announce the winner of a $4 billion contract for the co-production of 109 utility helicopters, a senior procurement official said Friday.

Turkey's top decision-making body for procurement, The Defense Industry Executive Committee, chaired by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, will convene to choose between the United States’ Sikorsky Aircraft and Italy's AgustaWestland.

Sikorsky is offering its T-70, the Turkish version of its S-70 Black Hawk International, which is presently being used by the militaries of dozens of countries, including Turkey. AgustaWestland is competing with its TUHP 149, the Turkish version of its newly developed A-149.

"The event will have only one agenda item: the selection of Turkey's new utility helicopter type," the procurement official said.

The first batch will be for 109 utility helicopters, but with follow-on orders, more than 300 platforms are expected to be built with a price tag of over $10 billion, according to defense analysts.

The Turkish decision comes at the end of a final round of talks with the two competing companies.

"The two offers will be judged in accordance with their final prices and commercial benefits for the Turkish industry involved in the program," said the procurement official.

Sikorsky Aircraft and AgustaWestland have so far announced benefit packages worth billions of dollars each.

Several Turkish companies, most notably Turkish Aerospace Industries, or TAI, will take part in the joint production of the platforms.

In addition to Erdoğan, the Defense Industry Executive Committee's other members include Defense Minister Vecdi Gönül, Chief of General Staff General Isık Koşaner and Turkey's top procurement official, Murad Bayar.

can someone give me some info about this pic? a little of topic but it kept my interest!

is it in afghanistan, and is it turkish or US troops that is getting in on the helicopter?

can someone give me some info about this pic? a little of topic but it kept my interest!

is it in afghanistan, and is it turkish or US troops that is getting in on the helicopter?

yes bro it is in afghanistan probably carrying us troops. It looks like this heli will be chosen for Turkish Army tomorrow.

Supporting ISAF operations in Afghanistan. I believe the troops in question were Canadian.

Back
Top Bottom