What's new

Turkey to invest over $46B on railways, expand high-speed network to 41 cities

Ummm. but at 1988. China exports ballistic missiles to Saudi Arabia

Turkey exports agricultural products such as T-129 Attack Helicopter , Bayraktar TB2 UCAV , MILGEM Warship , SOM Cruise Missile , T-155 Panther 155mm Howitzer , ASELPOD Targeting Pod , and many more to Pakistan , Qatar , Azerbaijan , Ukraine , Indonesia , Maleysia , etc

and Turkey develops over 600 agricultural products ( military projects ) including TEI TS1400 Turboshaft gas turbine engine for TAI T-625 utility Helicopter ( only a few countries in the world )

Turkey exports agricultural products such as T-129 Attack Helicopter , Bayraktar TB2 UCAV , MILGEM Warship , SOM Cruise Missile , T-155 Panther 155mm Howitzer , ASELPOD Targeting Pod , and many more to Pakistan , Qatar , Azerbaijan , Ukraine , Indonesia , Maleysia , etc

and Turkey develops over 600 agricultural products ( military projects ) including TEI TS1400 Turboshaft gas turbine engine for TAI T-625 utility Helicopter ( only a few countries in the world )
Ah. But Saudi Arabia used Chinese cannon to attack Yemen.

Ummm. but at 1988. China exports ballistic missiles to Saudi Arabia.
You are the biggest country in the world how on earth to you think comparing to 80 million country makes sense?

beneficial for both tourism and residents of Turkey. High speed rail is always a good investment. Can't wait for it to connect with Tehran, too.

Amerikans don't have high speed rail like Europe has, so it can be something to advertise for tourism. European tourists sometimes expect high speed rail. They are used to it having it in so many cities in Western Europe.

Train is unveilled today. Top speed:
170km/h

The other national train to be unveilled will have a speed around 225-250km/h.

Is Turkey building these trains? It says "national" trains so hinting its indigenously built railways?

Is Turkey building these trains? It says "national" trains so hinting its indigenously built railways?

It is indigenous yes. Built by Tüvasaş. Sunsystems were developed by Aselsan.

upload_2020-6-29_20-32-12.jpeg

Wow Turkey is developing at breathtaking speed Mashallah.

Something for us to look upto and follow
If (big, big if) we start developing intra-urban and inter-urban mass transport, then a JV with Turkey could be a good idea. We can bring our economies-of-scale to the table and, in turn, share in the actual production and export of the technology. Sadly, the limit of our decision-makers is, "big rail project, get loan, give contract to foreigner..."

If (big, big if) we start developing intra-urban and inter-urban mass transport, then a JV with Turkey could be a good idea. We can bring our economies-of-scale to the table and, in turn, share in the actual production and export of the technology. Sadly, the limit of our decision-makers is, "big rail project, get loan, give contract to foreigner..."

Honestly our hukmuraan have never been far sighted.... just see how the entire budget for HEC is about 100b and of that only 30b is new development, the rest is salaries etc. If hypothetically I was in a position of power I would allocate 300-500b annually (in today's ruppee) to fund research projects such as Azm, new submarine, electric locomotive, EV, low orbit satellites etc etc through the private sector. That's because this investment will return 10 fold in just a decade or two. I can't think of a better investment with such good returns. What works in our favour is our LARGE population of which majority is under 30. Give them the tools and funding and they will build all of these things in Pakistan that we look at other countries for.

Sadly our fiscal space and need for large defense budget and debt repayment does not leave alot of funds behind to finance these R&D projects. Other issue is if the funding is even available it will be funnelled to government organizations and SOEs, and that is just money down the drain. Better would be to channel them through private sector with strict checks and balances. Our thought process is that only the armed forces are regimented enough to take on big budget R&D projects and it is beyond the capability of the civilians.

To give you an example from my personal life as to how the world functions. I write software for sonar systems for a Canadian company that is owned by an American company. The current project I am working for is another American company whose subsidiary in another continent is building a submarine for a navy in the Oceanic region. None of the parties involved are losing their mind about "state secrets". Yes there are strict checks and balances and thorough security screening but there are no Generals and Admirals watching over us and telling us what to do and how to do it. The people with the actual expertise are getting the job done(I hope I haven't violated the terms of my NDA here :partay: )

Thanks for the tag.

I strongly feel like senior PTI leadership should take a two-weeks trip to Turkey to study the transformation the AKP has brought to Turkey and see what they can do to replicate those transformation in Pakistan.

The PTI which has been called the great last hope for Pakistan has proven to be highly underwhelming and as incompetent, if not more, than the PML.

People like you should campaign for this transformation on both print media and television in Pakistan aggressively till it becomes a mainstream movement.

Wondering why so many countries try their luck with trains,
CAF in Spain, Ansaldo in Italy, Skoda in the Czech Rep., PESA in Poland, Alstom in France, Stadler in Switzerland, Siemens in Germany...
What is the idea behind the turkish train, it looks like a commuter train, what is it designed for, how many orders already and where can I find further information?

I live in Lahore & often see the carcass of Orange Line Metro Train Project. It was to be the first step but it never got completed, thanks to Saqib Nisar.

Pakistan can not afford development expenditure while the economy is in such doldrums with Corona virus on the loose. These are dreams for now. I don't see any positive development until 2023 at least.

Thanks for the tag.

I strongly feel like senior PTI leadership should take a two-weeks trip to Turkey to study the transformation the AKP has brought to Turkey and see what they can do to replicate those transformation in Pakistan.

The PTI which has been called the great last hope for Pakistan has proven to be highly underwhelming and as incompetent, if not more, than the PML.

People like you should campaign for this transformation on both print media and television in Pakistan aggressively till it becomes a mainstream movement.

Many ex-PTI-supporters like myself saw how PTI was shaping up from August 2014 on-wards. All that has happened in last 22 months has not been a surprise. Fixing the economy (only the economy) will take at least three years, provided the quality of decision-making improves drastically. I have low hopes. Development projects like fast trains are day-dreams. Pakistan could not even contemplate completion of ML-1 project (dual track Karachi to Peshawar), if it was not part of CPEC. How will Pakistan pay-back the loans if economy does not grow & provide more tax revenue?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom