What's new

Turkey to Hire "White Hat Hackers" to Prepare Against Cyber Threats

Hakan

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Turkey to hire "white hat hackers" to spot flaws in state systems
White hat = Authorized ethical hacker (Good guys)
Grey Hat = Sometimes ethical other times Criminal
Black Hat = Criminal Hacker (Bad Guys)

Turkey will begin training hackers to identify vulnerabilities in its information systems in May, Turkey's science minister told Anadolu Agency on Wednesday.

Known as "white hat hackers", their training will supervised by the Turkish Standards Institute and follows a method by many countries and international organizations to protect their computer networks from infiltration.

Fikri Isik, Turkey's Science and Technology Minister, said the new digital era allows the government to easily provide services but it also poses risks to the security of information.

“Cyber attacks constitute many threats such as system crashes and data theft. [White hat] hackers who complete the course and are hired will be granted access to system," said Isik. "Our hackers will locate the vulnerabilities of the system and help remove them. So we will detect risky parts of the system and fix them before someone brings down our system.”

“White hat hackers” have been used by giant companies like Microsoft, Apple and Facebook as well as most prominent governmental and international institutes such as the the U.S.'s National Security Agency, NATO and Iran's Revolutionary Guards Corps.

Turkey to hire "white hat hackers" to spot flaws in state systems | General | Worldbulletin News

(This news is more important than any new missile/helicopter updates. This is the future of warfare)

Turkey to hire "white hat hackers" to spot flaws in state systems
White hat = Authorized ethical hacker (Good guys)
Grey Hat = Sometimes ethical other times Criminal
Black Hat = Criminal Hacker (Bad Guys)

Turkey will begin training hackers to identify vulnerabilities in its information systems in May, Turkey's science minister told Anadolu Agency on Wednesday.

Known as "white hat hackers", their training will supervised by the Turkish Standards Institute and follows a method by many countries and international organizations to protect their computer networks from infiltration.

Fikri Isik, Turkey's Science and Technology Minister, said the new digital era allows the government to easily provide services but it also poses risks to the security of information.

“Cyber attacks constitute many threats such as system crashes and data theft. [White hat] hackers who complete the course and are hired will be granted access to system," said Isik. "Our hackers will locate the vulnerabilities of the system and help remove them. So we will detect risky parts of the system and fix them before someone brings down our system.”

“White hat hackers” have been used by giant companies like Microsoft, Apple and Facebook as well as most prominent governmental and international institutes such as the the U.S.'s National Security Agency, NATO and Iran's Revolutionary Guards Corps.

Turkey to hire "white hat hackers" to spot flaws in state systems | General | Worldbulletin News

(This news is more important than any new missile/helicopter updates. This is the future of warfare)
Good morning mr. isik, turkey isn't just recently among the top hacking countries in the world

Top Ten Hacking Countries: Red Alert - Bloomberg

Top 10 homes to hackers in the world - Top 10 Hacking countries in the world | The Economic Times

The 7 Top Hacking Countries Picture | The 7 Top Hacking Countries - ABC News

Good morning mr. isik, turkey isn't just recently among the top hacking countries in the world

Turkey is in top 10 both at "most hacking" and " most exposed to cyber assaults" categories.

I just quickly surfed on net, it seems we already have some "non-official" cyber army working with authorities. Beside a unit established by MİT, TÜBİTAK, TİB. UBAK cooperatively and there is another one called "Cyber Shield" developed TÜBİTAK and "Cyber Security Council" established by MGK etc.. Maybe they just re-unite all of these units under one umbrealla and make it official... I don't mention about ultra-nationalist hacker groups working independently against enemies... Recently I remember that I read somewhere about a "cyber blackhole" developed by Aselsan or Tübitak but I can't find it and don't remember what it was about, anyone heard of it?

Shortly I think Turkey is not that defenceless as it seems...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom