What's new

Turkey sends aid for eathyquacke

atatwolf

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
The Foreign Ministry has stated that Turkey is ready to help Iran after earthquakes struck the neighboring country on Saturday, leading to a large number of casualties and loss of property.

According to information from the Turkish authorities, a magnitude 6.4 earthquake struck northwest Iran, completely leveling six villages and causing severe damage to another 60 villages in other regions. The effects were felt in the Iranian capital of Tehran and in Varzeghan, Ahar and Heris in the Eastern Azerbaijan province.

The US Geological Survey measured Saturday's first quake at magnitude 6.4 and said it struck 60 kilometers northeast of the city of Tabriz at a depth of 9.9 kilometers (6.2 miles). A second quake measuring 6.3 struck 49 kilometers (30 miles) northeast of Tabriz 11 minutes later at a similar depth.

In a statement released on Saturday, the ministry expressed Turkey's condolences over the earthquakes which had caused than 250 deaths and around 2,000 injuries and significant property loss in Iran. Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu called his Iranian counterpart, Ali Akbar Salehi, to express his condolences. Meanwhile, sources close to the region have said that the number of deaths had exceeded 300 as of Sunday.

The statement noted that Turkish authorities in Iran, including the Turkish Consulate General in Tabriz, have contacted Iranian officials conveying Turkey's readiness to provide aid. Meanwhile, the Turkish Red Crescent (Kızılay) has stated that the organization has been on alert since the disaster first struck, preparing aid items including food, drinking water and blankets, and is awaiting authorization from the Iranian Red Crescent to enter the region.

Turkey ready to aid Iran after earthquakes

Zakii, you could tell me to translate my post, why do you delete it?

I don't know if its up to me to remind your real priorities here, but do something about obvious trolls instead of such little things.

Zakii, you could tell me to translate my post, why do you delete it?

I don't know if its up to me to remind your real priorities here, but do something about obvious trolls instead of such little things.
Mate, you know the rules. Why brake it and blame him. There is a dedicated turkish language thread.

Yet they support the Insurgency in the South east

The victims are Iranian Turks, both Turkey and Azerbaijan should do everything to help them, they are themselves victims of discrimination by Iranian government. There was no mention of the earthquake for 6 hours on TV channels, and afterwards it was only barely mentioned, there was no slight coverage. Rescuers reached the affected areas only several hours later, and even without reaching many of the villages they anounced that they supposedly finished the rescue works. No aid has reached the affected areas from other areas of Iran, stated by parliamentary representative from Ahar.

Morover, Ahmadinejad are on a official visit to Saudi Arabi amid this tragedy, and no national mourning was declared.

The victims are Iranian Turks, both Turkey and Azerbaijan should do everything to help them, they are themselves victims of discrimination by Iranian government. There was no mention of the earthquake for 6 hours on TV channels, and afterwards it was only barely mentioned, there was no slight coverage. Rescuers reached the affected areas only several hours later, and even without reaching many of the villages they anounced that they supposedly finished the rescue works. No aid has reached the affected areas from other areas of Iran, stated by parliamentary representative from Ahar.

Morover, Ahmadinejad are on a official visit to Saudi Arabi amid this tragedy, and no national mourning was declared.

I think we already sent the help team Turkish Kizilay , we should do even more and quicker.

I wonder what the persians did for their "Iranic Ayan" brothers in the Van earthquake

When Kurds were getting crushed in Van earthquack whole country got together to help.

These Iranian shiates don't give a damn about Azeri Turks in Iran.
Cut the crap please.From all over Iran,thousands of people are going to Azerbaijan for help and also a lot of people are giving blood and gatherin stuff to send to the affected areas.At least among the people,Iranian are doing far better than Turkey here.
I don't know where you guys were in first days of Van earthquake when a lot of Kurds dies under rubble because of government acted poor in first hours.I know they are Kurds and you don't give a damn about their lives,lots of Turkish members here calling them animals.Look who is talking about caring.

The most disgusting thing is that Turkish members and Pan-Turks are trying to take advantage of this situation and of the ones who died in this horrible incident.But once again,Iranians showed how united they are,you guys can go on with lucid dreaming.

I wonder what the persians did for their "Iranic Ayan" brothers in the Van earthquake
It's a good thing that you don't know what happened in your own country during the incident.
Iran was the first country to send aids,tents and medical stuffs to Turkey in hours after the Van earthquake,before any other country.
Of course,unlike you,we did it not because they are 'Iranic',but because they were humans.

TURKEY - Iranians donate blood to earthquake victims

Israel to work with IHH and Iran rescue teams in Turkey earthquake relief - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper

We even put aside our differences with Israel to help the victims in Van. However we didn't politicize the situation, unlike what you guys and the Turkish media are doing currently in the Iranian earthquake.

Back
Top Bottom