What's new

Turkey’s Biggest Threat? Ask Uncle Sam

^^ No no, This is kicking American arse! there is a new movie called "Kurtlar vadisi filistin"

Turkey is a part of europe so turkish people shouldn't worry about their threats... the five club support you!

Turkey is a part of europe so turkish people shouldn't worry about their threats... the five club support you!

NO! We are NOT a part of EU and I hope; we will not be a part of EU in the the future!

The Turkish population is against joining the EU for your information because we are aware of the current economic crisis in EU countries. Turkey's current achievement in the economic spheres is much greater than the European countries. The only reason Turkey follows the EU criterias is to get rid of our unequalities internally (politcal, cultural, economic etc.). In 10 or twenty years i am sure we will reject such an oppurtunity even if we are begged by the EU. Partly because our international policy grows immensely everyday.

HUH? I thought you were eager to join us... (0 0) ok no matter

dont listen to him.
As you can see Turkey getting rejected (from the EU) again and again is influencing the population. Europes signs are clear: turkey is not welcome and thats why more and more reject the EU and everything European.

Unfortunatley there is no such a thing as wikileaks cables from European countries where they state how they really think about Turkey.. for example if they're really behind us (as a matter of fact the vast majority of the european population is not).

About the movies Valley of the wolves etc.

It's not very different than what Hollywood did in the past if you look at all the movies. You have the rambo movies, james bond, chuck norris etc. even Kelly's Heroes etc. We might as well accept that if you produce a movie with the hottest topic you will get a lot of attention.

Well, also, the movies that dominate the world are mostly US(and bollywood) productions, or generally english speaking movies. So producing a movie where the world view is different gets attention.

All these movies that are assisting the developement of the turkish movie sector which is good. I am more to comedy myself, so I kinda miss the old comedy movies with now decease Kemal Sunal.

Regarding EU, yes as a Turk I see the EU policy as dobble standard, insincere and stupid. Both in regard to the cypress issue and Turkeys candidacy to EU. If you read the comments the EU commission released on the progress report you will see that they put the entire blame on the stalled progres on Turkey. Turkey doesn't do this, and doesn't do that and bla. bla. bla.

EU is based on principals, which doesn't seem to exist when it comes to Turkey. First of all a EU candidates must not have any problems their neighbors, well apparently Greek Cypres has problems with Turkey, but they chose to ignore that fact. Secondly the growing islamophobia in EU just keeps escalating, and you don't even want to know how much racism there is in Denmark....

Yeah Turkey's economy is growing and that is good, we hope that Turkey will continue in that trend. If Turkish citizens had the same rights as other EU countries I'd be a lot more happy, like visa free travel etc. Whether I have the right to vote on national level or not doesn't mean squat to me because I can see the racism on every layer.
http://www1.geo.ntnu.edu.tw/~moise/Data/Books/Reach of culture/cultural racism.pdf

Something you can read to get a picture of the situation.

Saithan, i totally agree that the racism level in Europe is high, especially in Denmark.

But racism in turkey is rising as well, at least thats my observation...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom