What's new

Turkey orders Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) tail kits

@cabatli_53 Sir, Can you shed more light on this purchase and Turkey's indigenous JDAM products?

Thank You!!

Turkey commenced the operations against PKK in July and More than 450 targets have been destroyed within first week of operations. No need to mention the continously proceeding airforce strikes against similar targets in Turkey and N. Irak and Syria. The stocks should be feeded with new equivalents and Foreign purchase is just helping to feed the stocks while domestic production is proceeding in paralel to this order...

SAGE HGK is more than enough to cope with USA equivalent in all aspects !

Is PAF currently carrying JDAM kits for our vipers ? weren't the ordered ?

Yes this is true but 500 kits were also ordered from the US is what I am trying to find out about.

In 2005? Then after the earthquake the procurement package was revised.

Good question, did the 500 JDAM kits make it through, or got the axe?

0566320_-_main.jpg

Turkey has been approved to buy 1,000 JDAM guided bomb kits from the United States. Source: EPAF
Turkey has requested to buy USD70 million's worth of Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAM) from Raytheon, the US Defence Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) announced on 29 October.

The sale, which has been approved by the US State Department, includes 400 GBU-31(V)1 guidance kits for use with Mk84 2,000 lb bombs, 200 GBU-31(V)3 kits (for the BLU-109 2,000 lb penetration bomb), 300 GBU-38 kits (for the Mk82 500 lb bomb), 100 GBU-54 Laser JDAM kits (for the Mk82), 200 BLU-109 Hard Target Penetrator Warheads, and 1,000 FMU-152A/B fuzes.

Turkey has recently launched airstrikes against the Islamic State in Syria, and against the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) in Iraq, Syria and Turkey.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options ihs.com/contact

To read the full article, Client Login
(133 of 294 words)

US approves JDAM export to Turkey - IHS Jane's 360

They could buy from Pakistan. Pakistan makes MK 84 and the guidance kit i.e. Jdam

its a shame that the own production cannot please the needs of our military.. what would happenin a war? we would run out in one week ?

or is it to please USA.. for what we do?

I sincerely hope so. We have a very good relationship with Turkey and this would definitely help us.

Bro, Turkey's smart bombs have been dropped on PKK heads hundreds of times in last operations and We can easily say that They are battle proven at present.

aselsan60iko.jpg

T%C3%BCbitakIDEF2015.JPG

All HGK variants !

BS6IN_YIMAAQ0wc.jpg:large

KGK on F-16

6251-20140213185916-2.jpg

KGK has two variant

kgk.jpg

NEB (Bunker Buster) is the perfect penetrator core for destroying PKK caves ! NEB core is adoptable for both LGK and HGK guidance kits !

untitled-1-jpg.182974

turkiyenin_yeni_silahi_h3580.jpg

NEB penatrators are in action in Gara-munition store of PKK !

HGK and LGK in action

I am sure that also US-made ammo was used, which was near to reach end of storage life;
maybe that is one of the reasons.
AFAIK MKEK is producing around the clock, but they need sufficient supply from Aselsan and Roketsan to make the free fall bombs "intelligent" and effective.

It's cheap, reliable, (gaining) experience, production lines of domestic models may need more time/investments etc.

It might also be a scheduled buy that got delayed or a last-minute buy to replenish stocks within time so they don't get stuck on restrictions either for ready to use kits or technical stuff for domestic production.

Keep in mind that they bought various kits, for example laser guided MK82 bombs, which remind me of the Roketsan Teber mock-up we saw.

Back
Top Bottom