What's new

Turkey launches national satellite

[
Indian provide World cheapest meds ,
In defense also despite having Restriction it has active advance ABM system / IRBM/ ICBM missiles. / Sub launch missiles.... t

in Edu also it has world largest English / IT skill force

Tell which which is the longest missile Truks has ?
which is biggest Ship Turks has? ID turks designed any Warships?

All things you developed / claimed is with help of EU companies ....its like we developed SU-30MKI with Russia or new 5th plane with Russian
1- Atlay 2-T129 3-Bayrektar 4-World Class MRAP and APC 5-Ada class Corvette and TF-100 class frigate 6- AselPod 7-SOM 8-Cirit 9-UMtas 10-MPT76 and many more on list . has India produced any rifle for its army ? As for as missile program is concerned , I have explained it earlier . as u have dragged skilled labour , Turks are producing electronic appliances and supplying all across Europe ( a fate India can only dream of). Turkey more falls like in the category of Israel . u are decades behind them . admit it or not .its up to u.

Indian provide World cheapest meds ,
In defense also despite having Restriction it has active advance ABM system / IRBM/ ICBM missiles. / Sub launch missiles.... t

in Edu also it has world largest English / IT skill force

Tell which which is the longest missile Truks has ?
which is biggest Ship Turks has? ID turks designed any Warships?

All things you developed / claimed is with help of EU companies ....its like we developed SU-30MKI with Russia or new 5th plane with Russian
Ok, ok, we'll sign a petition and let the defense industry know that we should reinvent the wheel on our own for literally everything and waste lots of effort and money on something that will probably take decade(s) longer to finish (and even then it will be outdated) with the current capability of our defense industry. The Turkish defense industry is only taking really off since the last decade, so give it time, knowledge doesn't rain from the sky after all. In 2014 Turkey was 65% self-sufficient and the remaining 35% was a mix of ToT, co-development and off-the-shelf purchases whereas at the start of the 2000's self-sufficiency was only around 20%. A decade or two later hopefully our defense industry will be able to develop more critical components (especially e.g. engines).

Milgem's got designed by our own defense industry.
If you are speaking of ballistic and cruise missiles, then you can check out our SOM missile and the J600T.

Btw, @SDS1 the following article is written by an Indian about the Indian defense industry
(http://www.defensenews.com/articles/ey-indias-raj-future-of-make-in-india-is-defense):

"The government is aware of the infant nature of the defense industry, especially in the private sector; so as to help the sector evolve, the government is allowing design by foreign companies, while taking steps to encourage indigenous manufacturing. If the design and development is indigenous, then an indigenous manufacturing content of 40 percent could suffice; if the design and development is non-indigenous, then a 60 percent indigenous content is mandated. Thus the MoD has taken care of both the requirements, namely, design/development as well as manufacturing in the same category."

Seems pretty similar to our situation (so your criticism counts for yourself too), though afaik there is no government regulation on the percentage of indigenous/foreign components in a product. Is this true @cabatli_53 @Combat-Master @Sinan ?

Last edited:
Ok, ok, we'll sign a petition and let the defense industry know that we should reinvent the wheel on our own for literally everything and waste lots of effort and money on something that will probably take decade(s) longer to finish (and even then it will be outdated) with the current capability of our defense industry. The Turkish defense industry is only taking really off since the last decade, so give it time, knowledge doesn't rain from the sky after all. In 2014 Turkey was 65% self-sufficient and the remaining 35% was a mix of ToT, co-development and off-the-shelf purchases whereas at the start of the 2000's self-sufficiency was only around 20%. A decade or two later hopefully our defense industry will be able to develop more critical components (especially e.g. engines).

Milgem's got designed by our own defense industry.
If you are speaking of ballistic and cruise missiles, then you can check out our SOM missile and the J600T.

Out of soo many missiles you make one, Just check your 65% Self -Sufficiency in field of air weapon. Out of soo many you have only One SOM -250 km missile.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_modern_weapons_of_the_Turkish_Air_Force

Today India making own SOM , A2A , LBGs etc

your J600T
a similar contract was signed with CPMIEC (Chinese Precision Machinery Import and Export Corporation) for the Chinese B-611 SRBM system in 1998, covering the licensed production of a battery of B-611

The J-600T design is based on the B-611 SRBM developed by CASIC (China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation) as a low cost tactical missile system, with a range of up to 250 km in improved versions such as the B-611M, and as a replacement for the M-11 (CSS-7 and DF-11) missiles in Chinese inventory.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-600T_Yıldırım

Are you kidding me... 900 km missile Vs 6K IRBM/ICBM Vs Sub launch missiles? While today India moved on 2nd gen of Missiles K-Series.

If I open your Defense Industry, you will feel defenseless....

Btw, @SDS1 the following article is written by an Indian about the Indian defense industry
(http://www.defensenews.com/articles/ey-indias-raj-future-of-make-in-india-is-defense):

"The government is aware of the infant nature of the defense industry, especially in the private sector; so as to help the sector evolve, the government is allowing design by foreign companies, while taking steps to encourage indigenous manufacturing. If the design and development is indigenous, then an indigenous manufacturing content of 40 percent could suffice; if the design and development is non-indigenous, then a 60 percent indigenous content is mandated. Thus the MoD has taken care of both the requirements, namely, design/development as well as manufacturing in the same category."

Seems pretty similar to our situation (so your criticism counts for yourself too), though afaik there is no government regulation on the percentage of indigenous/foreign components in a product. Is this true

I know, we know but India strategy to develop the things first which is Non available , Like Missiles, Nuke etc and then goto the things which is available.

[

1- Atlay 2-T129 3-Bayrektar 4-World Class MRAP and APC 5-Ada class Corvette and TF-100 class frigate 6- AselPod 7-SOM 8-Cirit 9-UMtas 10-MPT76 and many more on list . has India produced any rifle for its army ? As for as missile program is concerned , I have explained it earlier . as u have dragged skilled labour , Turks are producing electronic appliances and supplying all across Europe ( a fate India can only dream of). Turkey more falls like in the category of Israel . u are decades behind them . admit it or not .its up to u.

Atlay:- Altay is copy version of Hyundai Rotem K-2. Origin from South Korea, Hyundai Rotem (technical support and assistance)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altay_(tank)

(Mechanical and Chemical Industries Corporation) agreed for the production and integration of a modified and licensed produced Rheinmetall 120 mm gun.

India produced Arjun, due to its Weight problem , Its area of operation is limited. and also IA is not ready with tank Doctrine.

T129:- The TAI/AgustaWestland T129 is a twin-engine, tandem seat, multi-role, all-weather attack helicopter based on the Agusta A129 Mangusta platform. The T129 was developed by Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI), with partner AgustaWestland.

India develop its own LCH without any outside help lol

Corvette and TF-100 Frigates :- India designing and building Corvette Frigates and now Heavy Destroyers , INS Visakhpatnam 7500 Tonnes.......

SOM :- India has own SOM, LBG's and A2A missile on verge of production

lol are you ppl kidding me on these........

Lol India developed its own AEW&CS with AESA radar.

What you do it only JV etc.

You're comparing Apples and Oranges.

India is huge and even though its a relativley poor country it can afford to spend a lot of money on R&D, which is a lot in total numbers but in perspective to GDP maybe less than Turkey, in addition India has a huge, cheap and partially very well educated labor force.

Turkey is doing what it can with its limited ressources, India is doing what it can with its limited ressources.
Turkey was in a very comfy situation for a long time and could get off the shelf weapons from her western allies and lazy/corrupt politicians did not see the need to spend money on idigenous products.

Now India was in an other situation and thus could produce more stuff themselves but, being an amazing weapons producer and poor country at the same time seems like a bad allocation of funds. Maybe India should have been spending big on other things. Just saying, its like having a brand new luxury car but sleeping in a shack.

Altay is copy version of Hyundai Rotem K-2. Origin from South Korea,

^that english

India is 1+ billion country, Turkey doesnt even make a province of it and you come here to compare missile lenght? (whatever this means):D
lol i am here just to break myth, population has nothing to do with it, might UK or Sweden or Korea make things better. also small then turkey.....

Out of soo many missiles you make one, Just check your 65% Self -Sufficiency in field of air weapon. Out of soo many you have only One SOM -250 km missile.

your J600T
a similar contract was signed with CPMIEC (Chinese Precision Machinery Import and Export Corporation) for the Chinese B-611 SRBM system in 1998, covering the licensed production of a battery of B-611

The J-600T design is based on the B-611 SRBM developed by CASIC (China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation) as a low cost tactical missile system, with a range of up to 250 km in improved versions such as the B-611M, and as a replacement for the M-11 (CSS-7 and DF-11) missiles in Chinese inventory.

Are you kidding me... 900 km missile Vs 6K IRBM/ICBM Vs Sub launch missiles? While today India moved on 2nd gen of Missiles K-Series.

I know, we know but India strategy to develop the things first which is Non available , Like Missiles, Nuke etc and then goto the things which is available.
Look, different circumstances and different priorities. India has nukes, we don't, so it's normal that India prioritizes and is more advanced in missile technology. Furthermore, as our defense industry grows, our missile program will improve too and increase self-sufficiency.

Lol ok, 'open' our defense industry. It's quite an honor for my country, which is only recently seriously putting effort into an indigenous defense industry and is doing not too shabby, is compared with a billion+ nation that craps out way more engineers and researchers per year. But LOLOLOLOLOL look at what i've found:
http://www.newdelhitimes.com/challenges-for-the-indian-defence-sector123/

'India relies for 70% of its needs on foreign players' (!!!!!!). Only short-medium advantage India probably has over Turkey is its space and missile technology. Actually ratio wise Turkey is doing much better than giant India then. Man, looking at your silly simplistic claims about our Altay and T-129 (both which are mostly based on foreign design, but Turkish subsystems/components and software) etc, i think you're just a jealous simpleton that can't stand that smaller players are doing just as well, if not better than India. I can gift you a toilet if that will remedy your butthurt a bit.

Last edited:

your J600T

Atlay:- Altay is copy version of Hyundai Rotem K-2. Origin from South Korea, Hyundai Rotem (technical support and assistance)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altay_(tank)

(Mechanical and Chemical Industries Corporation) agreed for the production and integration of a modified and licensed produced Rheinmetall 120 mm gun.

India produced Arjun, due to its Weight problem , Its area of operation is limited. and also IA is not ready with tank Doctrine.

T129:- The TAI/AgustaWestland T129 is a twin-engine, tandem seat, multi-role, all-weather attack helicopter based on the Agusta A129 Mangusta platform. The T129 was developed by Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI), with partner AgustaWestland.

India develop its own LCH without any outside help lol

Corvette and TF-100 Frigates :- India designing and building Corvette Frigates and now Heavy Destroyers , INS Visakhpatnam 7500 Tonnes.......

SOM :- India has own SOM, LBG's and A2A missile on verge of production

lol are you ppl kidding me on these........

Lol India developed its own AEW&CS with AESA radar.

What you do it only JV etc.
yeah Turkey is ranked in 10 coutries with the most weapons exports to other countries, where does india rank? no where coz your a country who imports all whether defence or civilan.. so cut the buls***t and stop drailing the thread

lol i am here just to break myth, population has nothing to do with it, might UK or Sweden or Korea make things better. also small then turkey.....
Population has nothing to do with it?
India with its current state would nowhere be able to afford a space program if it wasnt for its massive population which gives it more room for spending on the sector, otherwise India GDP per capita wise is not any different than most Central African states.

GDP_per_capita_%28nominal%29_2015.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

Look, different circumstances and different priorities. India has nukes, we don't, so it's normal that India prioritizes and is more advanced in missile technology. Furthermore, as our defense industry grows, our missile program will improve too and increase self-sufficiency.

Lol ok, 'open' our defense industry. It's quite an honor for my country, which is only recently seriously putting effort into an indigenous defense industry and is doing not too shabby, is compared with a billion+ nation that craps out way more engineers and researchers per year. But LOLOLOLOLOL look at what i've found:
http://www.newdelhitimes.com/challenges-for-the-indian-defence-sector123/

'India relies for 70% of its needs on foreign players' (!!!!!!). Only advantage India probably has over Turkey is its space and missile technology. Actually ratio wise Turkey is doing much better than giant India then. Man, looking at your silly simplistic claims about our Altay etc, i think you're just a jealous simpleton that can't stand that smaller players are doing better.

lol 60% defense needs by USD $$$ terms and not in equipment wise terms.

I am not jealous, you simply feel offended that South Korea helped you design and built it your Altay which you think is design / developed by you.

Population has nothing to do with it?
India with its current state would nowhere be able to afford a space program if it wasnt for its massive population which gives it more room for spending on the sector, otherwise India GDP per capita wise not any different than most Central African states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita
Is South Korea has small population then turkey and Sweden has small population , then also you taken SK help to build your tank

ISRO budget is now around 1.2 Billion USD, and PP GDP is much more high

In 1.2 Billion ISRO done lunches / Sats which not possible for NASA to launch a single Sat in that buget .Therefore actual GDP is based on PP which is much higher. Correct your facts.

I am not jealous, you simply feel offended that South Korea helped you design and built it your Altay which you think is design / developed by you.
india has a living standard thats comparable to sub saharan african countries, thats a fact. so stop this comaparing,

india has a living standard thats comparable to sub saharan african countries, thats a fact. so stop this comaparing,
yes then also we build our own planes / chopper / AC / destroyers/ bombs / missiles etc without any outside help..... :)
Also has world most growing car / mobile market also... but we have less living standard lol.

nope, 70% foreign equipment dependency is really, really pathetic for a big country like India.

Nope, not offended by that. as i clearly and kindly explained in my first post, our defense industry only took off recently and we can't expect reinventing everything on our own right off the bat. Altay's design and chassis may be based on the K2, but the inner components (mostly) and software are Turkish. A very good step for our first effort on a MBT. Btw, your govt is allowing the same policy of accepting foreign designs, so everything you say can be and will be possibly said about any future Indian tank, chopper, ship, plane etc. too. What i am offended at is me taking a troll like you serious.

Last edited:
yes then also we build our own planes / chopper / AC / destroyers/ bombs / missiles etc without any outside help..... :)
Also has world most growing car / mobile market also... but we have less living standard lol.
good for you while 800million of your people don"nt have toilet

Back
Top Bottom