What's new

Turkey invites Greece to Anatolian Eagle

I hope HAF doesn't accept the AE. There is no need for them to take part in a exercise as important as this. They can instead keep flying armed sorties over aegean airspace.

well, it is not so strange to be armed over our own airspace, what is weird is the THK planes also armed in our airspace and over our islands.

let's not start this game again.

The thread is about the exercise and I don't think HAF will accept THK's invitation. Although we may send a couple of F-16s as a token polite participation, i.e. more like visitors rather than participants.

well, it is not so strange to be armed over our own airspace, what is weird is the THK planes also armed in our airspace and over our islands.

let's not start this game again.

The thread is about the exercise and I don't think HAF will accept THK's invitation. Although we may send a couple of F-16s as a token polite participation, i.e. more like visitors rather than participants.

Nope we don't we even asked Greece to do the same.

Başbuğ said Turkey is flying its planes unarmed during training flights, but Greece is not. “I have told [the Greek Chief of General Staff], ‘Let us remove those weapons. We would be decreasing the level of threat.’ My counterpart said they will think about it,” he said, adding that they are performing training flights at a minimal level and to go below that level would reduce the combat preparedness of the pilots, which is unacceptable. “Our intention is never to cause a crisis in the Aegean,” he said.

Like i said though i hope you guys don't come. There is no need.

I would like to remind everyone that Greece is no longer a threat in so called "Red Book" but Israel is. Hence, It's not strange to lower military escalation in Aegean Sea.

I would like to remind everyone that Greece is no longer a threat in so called "Red Book" but Israel is. Hence, It's not strange to lower military escalation in Aegean Sea.

Greece and Iran are still threats in the book. They were not removed completely just lower level i suppose. Of course Israel got added as a prominent threat now.

ehm i am looking at this thing much more paranoid than you guys..and yes thats needed in such things: )) in the book or not, we live in ME.. a region where noone is trustworthy enough.. right ?

to build good relations or to remove visa restrictions are something different but when it comes to defence, i would add even papua new guinea into the redbook if it will make us keep our guard up!
no offence if there is any papuan here : )))

Here is a interesting development.

Turkish Air Forces: China and Greece not invited to Anatolian Eagle military exercise
Published:

Turkish Air Forces stated that China and Greece were not invited to Anatolian Eagle military exercise which would take place between June 13 and 24, 2011.

Turkish Air Forces stated in its web-site on Wednesday that several press organs wrote that China and Greece were invited to the Anatolian Eagle which was a military exercise with an international participation.

These countries were invited to European Air Chiefs Conference (EURAC) and Global Air Chiefs Conference which would take place in Istanbul between June 1 and 3, 2011 as well as International Air Show which would take place on June 4 and 5, 2011, stated the Air Forces.

It added that China and Greece were not taking place in Anatolian Eagle invitation list.

Turkish Air Forces: China and Greece not invited to Anatolian Eagle military exercise

Here is a interesting development.

Published:

Turkish Air Forces stated that China and Greece were not invited to Anatolian Eagle military exercise which would take place between June 13 and 24, 2011.

Turkish Air Forces stated in its web-site on Wednesday that several press organs wrote that China and Greece were invited to the Anatolian Eagle which was a military exercise with an international participation.

These countries were invited to European Air Chiefs Conference (EURAC) and Global Air Chiefs Conference which would take place in Istanbul between June 1 and 3, 2011 as well as International Air Show which would take place on June 4 and 5, 2011, stated the Air Forces.

It added that China and Greece were not taking place in Anatolian Eagle invitation list.

That's better.

Back
Top Bottom