What's new

Turkey foreign policy in Central Asia

vi-va

Reaction score
Country
China
I am not very familiar with Turks mentality. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I believe some anti-Chinese movement is motivated by US and Turkey, especially during Cold War.

Turkey as NATO members is in the front-line during Cold War, both US and Turkey would love to play the ethnic card to unrest USSR. There are many so called Turk ethnic in East European and Central Asia. Turkey and US would like to play both religion and ethnic card and it hurts USSR badly.

Naturally a movement will keep going by its momentum. After USSR dissolution, Turkey find more opportunities to increase influence especially in Balkan and Central Asia. In recent 30 years, the struggling in middle east create numerous religion movement and military groups and it will overflow into Central Asia as well.

All those political movement and religion motivation were exploited by Justice and Development Party (Adalet ve Kalkınma Partisi). It shaped the Turkey political ecosystem and used/encouraged by West sponsored propaganda machines.

Turkey politicians play with fire to get elected, that's the tragedy of one man one vote. and we see nationalism without tight control usually lead to war or conflicts in history.

China on the other hand hold out an olive branch, but I have little faith that the relationship between China and Turkey will be stable, because many politicians and west don't want to see a stable ties between the two countries.

The tension between Russia and Turkey and between China and Turkey keep Turkey in NATO camp, limited Turkey geopolitical space and give US huge benefit and advantage over Turkey.

One man one vote system is so easily manipulated and exploited by propaganda machines, China has to find bargaining chip in Middle East. Kurds is one card, Balkan is second one, Cyprus is third, Syria is forth, KSA is 5th, Egypt is 6th, Israel is 7th.

When all those card ready, Turkey's political movement will backfire himself badly. China really don't want to hurt Turkey, we are not enemy, but we will have to get all those bargaining chip ready.

Any country should learn from their own history. Ottoman dissolution is no accident. Ancient China empire collapse is no accident. Any country should NOT make enemy by accident. When Russia recovering, China renaissance, is it a good strategy to keep Turkey current foreign policy? I doubt.

Turkey and China can have good relations when china stops behaving Uighurs like animals. Most of the Turks and Uighurs do not fight for independence for the area that Uighurs live or support irredentist movements. They just want to see the freedom of Uighur people. Uighur people should be able to speak their language, they should be able to pray in the way they like, and they should be able to have good relations with Uighurs and other Turkic people abroad. just stop trying to assimilate them. stop creating fake stories which claim that Uighurs are not Turkic etc. During the cold war, USSR was behaving its Turkic minorities like China. That was one of the most important reasons why Turkey choose NATO and had bad relations with them. However, after the cold war, Russia recognized most of the rights of its Turkic minorities. They let them form good relations with other Turkic countries. Turkic people in Russia, for example, are a member of some of the cultural Turkic organizations. They are happy since they have certain freedoms now, so does Turkey. That is why we can establish a good relationship with Russia now. If China wants a good relationship with Turkey (and other Turkic countries) they should make the first move. If they change their approach to Uighurs, I am pretty sure that Turkey will be more than happy to befriend China, especially since our relationship with the West has deteriorated recently. In this way, China can also fix its international prestige and make Uighur people more loyal to China. I am pretty sure that they will want to be part of the next superpower country if China respects their rights.

Central Asian nations enjoy better relations with China and Russia than with Turkey, they are all part of
Shanghai Cooperation Organisation

I know that you Chinese can't understand it coz you are not a human being but cattles.
They have slaughtered your ancestors and let 'em eat each other like a savage animals while they were living in luxury life.
So you are a lost case for humanity...
@The Eagle @waz @Dubious
Is this language allowed in PDF, the last time I check some Chinese user was banned of strong language against Turkey.

Central Asian nations enjoy better relations with China and Russia than with Turkey, they are all part of
Shanghai Cooperation Organisation

@The Eagle @waz @Dubious
Is this language allowed in PDF, the last time I check some Chinese user was banned of strong language against Turkey.

Watch this

You will find out that why whole world hate you. I know you will never understand it but maybe...

You will find out that why whole world hate you. I know you will never understand
As the People’s Republic of China celebrates the 70th anniversary of its founding on Oct. 1, it gets mixed reviews from people around the world, according to Pew Research Center’s latest Global Attitudes Survey. A median of 41% across the 32 countries surveyed have a favorable opinion of China, compared with a median of 37% who have an unfavorable opinion.
FT_19.09.30_China_International-opinions-China-divided_2.png

Turkey and China can have good relations when china stops behaving Uighurs like animals. Most of the Turks and Uighurs do not fight for independence for the area that Uighurs live or support irredentist movements. They just want to see the freedom of Uighur people. Uighur people should be able to speak their language, they should be able to pray in the way they like, and they should be able to have good relations with Uighurs and other Turkic people abroad. just stop trying to assimilate them. stop creating fake stories which claim that Uighurs are not Turkic etc. During the cold war, USSR was behaving its Turkic minorities like China. That was one of the most important reasons why Turkey choose NATO and had bad relations with them. However, after the cold war, Russia recognized most of the rights of its Turkic minorities. They let them form good relations with other Turkic countries. Turkic people in Russia, for example, are a member of some of the cultural Turkic organizations. They are happy since they have certain freedoms now, so does Turkey. That is why we can establish a good relationship with Russia now. If China wants a good relationship with Turkey (and other Turkic countries) they should make the first move. If they change their approach to Uighurs, I am pretty sure that Turkey will be more than happy to befriend China, especially since our relationship with the West has deteriorated recently. In this way, China can also fix its international prestige and make Uighur people more loyal to China. I am pretty sure that they will want to be part of the next superpower country if China respects their rights.

China is not treating Uighur like animals like Turkey doing to Kurd. If Turkey wants to play the card so China be forced to play with you.

Thread is not opened in proper section of forum so It serve different purposes of Chinese trolls again. @The Eagle

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom