What's new

Turkey Elections - Has the Fall of Erdoğan Begun?

AKP + MHP : 51,6%
CHP + IP : 37,5% including terrorist FETO and HDP/PKK votes

AK Party set to win 24 out of 39 districts in Istanbul, CHP leads in 14 ( MHP set to win 1 out of 39 districts )
AK Party set to win 19 out of 25 districts in Ankara, CHP leads in 3 ( MHP set to win 3 out of 25 districts )

the AK Party has won in over 575 out of 1,046 total municipalities in Turkey

Last edited:
This is democracy!!!! Folks have the right to plug and play!!! After 25 years in local elections some disruptions have occurred!!! It's natural. Let's see how the CHP folks fare. And, it's a good lesson for AKP folks too!!! They can now contemplate more how to be more innovative in the services for the common folks!! A good development for Turkey...

Really like Erdogan...he tells like it is ....how ever his pandering to his vote bank especially to the new influx of Syrian refugees who he wants to naturalise is alienating him from many Turks I think. Plus he is making too many enemies everywhere

Really like Erdogan...he tells like it is ....how ever his pandering to his vote bank especially to the new influx of Syrian refugees who he wants to naturalise is alienating him from many Turks I think. Plus he is making too many enemies everywhere

Well by Telling like it is meaning to kiss *** of Yankee and NATO while he is screwing the Turkish people lol then yes eh, Syrians are being used for the wrong purpose should be used for political gains these people are being pawns in political game shame on Erdogan

Pakistani bros, please stop disrespecting AKP voters, you may like him or not. This is our choice whom to vote for.

I respect the voters choice but as a Pakistani I usually stay out of internal affairs of Turkey but what we can see right now is that Mr Erdogan is turning Turkey into a something we in Pakistan went through and the process never really stopped, we use to be called the Asian tiger at one point a rising economic and military power and then came the religious fanaticism which turned Pakistan upside down. As someone who don't care about Erodgan but have very positive views on Turkey its sad to see Turkey headed down that path. Hopefully I didn't cause you any offence bro.

I respect the voters choice but as a Pakistani I usually stay out of internal affairs of Turkey but what we can see right now is that Mr Erdogan is turning Turkey into a something we in Pakistan went through and the process never really stopped, we use to be called the Asian tiger at one point a rising economic and military power and then came the religious fanaticism which turned Pakistan upside down. As someone who don't care about Erodgan but have very positive views on Turkey its sad to see Turkey headed down that path. Hopefully I didn't cause you any offence bro.

I dont think Turkey will be going down that path you have to understand a lot of the so called Kemalists who were Yankee bootlickers in the Cold War alienated a lot of the Anatolian Turks who were more religious so this type of "revenge" is going on but its failing more Turks would want to keep Turkey as secular republic just with more respect for Islamic lifestyle tho do I agree Erdogan has not helped in the foreign policy and geo-stategic policy of his country which is costing him the economic stabilty of his nation

Erdogan need to rule Turkey another 10-15 years and build it a powerful country once again. Allah bless Turkey and Erdogan. Long live Turkey.

Erdogan need to rule Turkey another 10-15 years and build it a powerful country once again. Allah bless Turkey and Erdogan. Long live Turkey.

Ahhh No Turkey needs a fresh face and new ideas I wish Turkey well but Erdogan in the last 5 years has shown he is inept in foreign policy and geo-politics I am not saying Yankee is good they screw with anyone in all places anyways @Indus Pakistan @Jaanbaz when will Pakistani,Bangla and Arab fan boys will learn

I think that's a bit unfair to Erdoğan. He and AKP oversaw the huge boost in the gdp of Turkey. He was in power for the recent economic making of Turkey.

He's now at a cross road. The economy is struggling (not massively, but still), there is war next door. Continued success is exponentially harder than success.

Let's see how he handles it.

I think that's a bit unfair to Erdoğan. He and AKP oversaw the huge boost in the gdp of Turkey. He was in power for the recent economic making of Turkey.

He's now at a cross road. The economy is struggling (not massively, but still), there is war next door. Continued success is exponentially harder than success.

Let's see how he handles it.

A lot of it is his own fault he trusted Yankee too much on Syria and did not bide for time plus his erratic behavior is not helpful at all he should have continued his policy of reaching out to Balkans, Africa,Caucausus, and Central Asia instead he went full on Arab a..s k..sing until they ditched for him for the Kurds hence the bad relations with KSA now

CHP now control 60% of Turkey's GDP. It will be difficult for AKP to undermine their mayors. All districts that have AKP mayor are bordered by at least one district with mayor from opposition

This mean much more exposure for the opposition. They cannot be starved out of National media etc as in the past. This may not be the end of Erdogan but surely he is going to face his toughest years since 2002

CHP now control 60% of Turkey's GDP. It will be difficult for AKP to undermine their mayors. All districts that have AKP mayor are bordered by at least one district with mayor from opposition

This mean much more exposure for the opposition. They cannot be starved out of National media etc as in the past. This may not be the end of Erdogan but surely he is going to face his toughest years since 2002

If both parties are sincere to thier nation and its people it can only be a good thing. I don't know enough about thier politics to make that judgement though.

If both parties are sincere to thier nation and its people it can only be a good thing. I don't know enough about thier politics to make that judgement though.

Agree. Turkey's economy has stagnated. Its time they get back on track and hope this competition between govt and opposition leads to better governance all across the country

Continued success is exponentially harder than success.
About sums it. One of the problems with being in power for very long, AKP have now been in power for 17 years or nearly 20% of the history of the Turkish Republic is people forget about the good they did but aggregate the failures, which begin to weigh heavy over time.

The crazy thing is Erdogan will be remembered in history as the man who finally made Turkey a regular 'European' country.

About sums it. One of the problems with being in power for very long, AKP have now been in power for 17 years or nearly 20% of the history of the Turkish Republic is people forget about the good they did but aggregate the failures, which begin to weigh heavy over time.

The crazy thing is Erdogan will be remembered in history as the man who finally made Turkey a regular 'European' country.

Which is something our Pakistani fan boys will never understand :cheesy:

if you put another decade in Erdogan career and his old party the Refah Party that would make it 25 years since he has been on the scene since like 1994

Its no doubt in the 2000s he was more pragmatic which got him good rapport but since the 2010s his arrogance and missteps has cost him a lot of support and it shows to you that people will be complaicent if you have the money no money no honey is the trick in any political sphere be America,West,Pakistan,Turkey or any 3rd world shithole

Which is a big message to Imran Khan if you cant get the economy or the money rolling in the right way you will see your "cult of personality" fall right away and no "Naya Pakistan" slogans will not save that

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom