What's new

Turkey Developing FCS for Vehicle Mounted Mortars

-------

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Aselsan is working on a Mortar FCS, not much is known about the system however. But from what I can gather, the FCS and automated platform; will enable a vehicle mounted mortar to use MRSI (Multiple Round Simultaneous Impact), this would enable a single mortar carrier to triple it's fire power and have capabilities usually reserved for Self Propelled Howitzers.

This system will also enable Mortar Carriers to be digitally integrated within the Armed Forces and utilise Mortar Fire Direction System (HAİKS) previously developed by Aselsan.

Aselsan Mortar Fire Direction System (HAİKS)
dff09ee7.png

HAIKSA.jpg

Aselsan Automated Platform with FCS to the left.
d684af96.png

It will be similar to Israel's CARDOM

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty impressive, I wonder if the platform can be build on other vehicles like the ARMA.

It's pretty impressive, I wonder if the platform can be build on other vehicles like the ARMA.

Don't think it would be too difficult to place the platform within any vehicle with sufficient space.Though, I think FNSS Pars would be better suited as it has full manipulation manually of suspension to bring it closer to the ground and have steadier platform to handle recoil.

Back
Top Bottom