What's new

Turkey Becomes the 2nd Fastest growing economy in the world.

quote=sunny001;1032376]That's because the relative size of the china's economy. A percentage of a bigger number will always be more than a similar percentage of a smaller number. Also, it is because of valuation of china's yuan. You multiply china's economy by a factor of 2 to get the GDP in PPP, while you multiply with a factor of 4 to get India's.

Also, because of inflation, rupee is badly hit against dollar. Once inflation subsides and proposed GST is implemented India's economy would reach to $2 trillion within 3-4 years.

In 2000, China's GDP was 1.08 trillion dollars and in 2007 it was only 2.4 trillion dollars. In just three years it added another 2.5 trillion dollars for the reasons I mentioned above. India's GDP currently is around 1.3 trillion dollars, considering we opened our market fully 12 years after china did, I think we are on a right track for now.

It is much easier said than done. From 1990-2010, China increased their GDP per capita by 12 times, Vietnam more than 12 times, India by less than 3 times. Do not say that India open latter than Vietnam.
From my experiences in China, Taiwan, Korea and various Western countries, I think nominal China GDP should be around 7-10 trillions now, not 5 trillions as publicized. And this fit to IMF estimate about yuan undervalued by 40%. Even some little known Chinese cities like Fushan or Chungshan, Shunde look as well-planned, clean and modern as Taipei or Taichung. The motorways in both mainland China and Taiwan are similar in quality.
The first time I've been to China is in 2002. At that time China GDP per capita was less than Vietnam's now. But China cities and infrastructure was already very well developed, much better than Vietnam now in 2010. I wonder if we can reach that level of modern infrastructure in 30 years.[/QUOTE]

What do u want to prove by this post?? that we lag behind?? We are happy with our growth.

quote=sunny001;1032376]That's because the relative size of the china's economy. A percentage of a bigger number will always be more than a similar percentage of a smaller number. Also, it is because of valuation of china's yuan. You multiply china's economy by a factor of 2 to get the GDP in PPP, while you multiply with a factor of 4 to get India's.

Also, because of inflation, rupee is badly hit against dollar. Once inflation subsides and proposed GST is implemented India's economy would reach to $2 trillion within 3-4 years.

In 2000, China's GDP was 1.08 trillion dollars and in 2007 it was only 2.4 trillion dollars. In just three years it added another 2.5 trillion dollars for the reasons I mentioned above. India's GDP currently is around 1.3 trillion dollars, considering we opened our market fully 12 years after china did, I think we are on a right track for now.

It is much easier said than done. From 1990-2010, China increased their GDP per capita by 12 times, Vietnam more than 12 times, India by less than 3 times. Do not say that India open latter than Vietnam.
From my experiences in China, Taiwan, Korea and various Western countries, I think nominal China GDP should be around 7-10 trillions now, not 5 trillions as publicized. And this fit to IMF estimate about yuan undervalued by 40%. Even some little known Chinese cities like Fushan or Chungshan, Shunde look as well-planned, clean and modern as Taipei or Taichung. The motorways in both mainland China and Taiwan are similar in quality.
The first time I've been to China is in 2002. At that time China GDP per capita was less than Vietnam's now. But China cities and infrastructure was already very well developed, much better than Vietnam now in 2010. I wonder if we can reach that level of modern infrastructure in 30 years.

Sure, you are right to an extent. India is definitely lagging behind in infrastructure which is why we are still not a manufacturing nation. We are service based economy. 57% of our GDP is service based. GOI is addressing that problem now. Hopefully, you'll see the difference soon.

If you been to India recently, come back in 10 years, you will see similar kind of development in India that you have seen in China. In 2000, Infrastructure or no infrastructure china's GDP was less than India's presently. India will catch up in time.

I really admire china's development. But such a rapid infrastructure development is only possible because of obvious political system (read single party system). Same is the case with Vietnam, also single party system, with respect to their GDP increases. Anyways, Vietnam is too tiny to compare it with India.

But, personally I would never give up my personal freedom for 1 or 2% raise in GDP, with all due respect to all the chinese in this forum.

And by the way, India did open later than Vietnam. Also, GDP has nothing to do with infrastructure.

Last edited:

it is again much easier said than done,what r we speaking here actually,the size of economy or HDI figure's,from were per capita income came into play,when the topic was about nominal gdp,so do u want to compare the growth in nominal gdp in this 20 yrs of both India and Vietnam

but i will not like to compare,because at a nominal gdp of $92.439 billion,I even dont see it as a micro economy,leave major,even the city of Mumbai and delhi have much bigger gdp's than this

From my experiences in China, Taiwan, Korea and various Western countries, I think nominal China GDP should be around 7-10 trillions now, not 5 trillions as publicized.

now talk about facts,as what the world know,not about delusions,it can b said for every economy around the world,i can say Indian economy stands at $4 trillion not the publized $1.3 trillion,Pakistan stands at $1 trillion,U.S stands at $30 billion and Russia stands at $10 trillion

And this fit to IMF estimate about yuan undervalued by 40%. Even some little known Chinese cities like Fushan or Chungshan, Shunde look as well-planned, clean and modern as Taipei or Taichung. The motorways in both mainland China and Taiwan are similar in quality.
The first time I've been to China is in 2002. At that time China GDP per capita was less than Vietnam's now. But China cities and infrastructure was already very well developed, much better than Vietnam now in 2010. I wonder if we can reach that level of modern infrastructure in 30 years.

yes Chinese cities r awesome but again what it have to do with GDp,so in ur nation GDP is measured by the beauty of the city or by the number of skyscrapers,have u even heard the name Dubai,Kuala lumpur-they r awesome cities-and by ur method then UAE and Malaysia should have been the the biggest economies in the world.

Again an attempt to take a shot at India,nobody here is denying the rise of China,please visit the rapidly changing Indian cityscape before making comments,and for god sake dont bring n Vietnam in between,Thanks

it is again much easier said than done,what r we speaking here actually,the size of economy or HDI figure's,from were per capita income came into play,when the topic was about nominal gdp,so do u want to compare the growth in nominal gdp in this 20 yrs of both India and Vietnam

but i will not like to compare,because at a nominal gdp of $92.439 billion,I even dont see it as a micro economy,leave major,even the city of Mumbai and delhi have much bigger gdp's than this

That mean the gap between Mumbai, Delhi and the remaining of India is very big

"now talk about facts,as what the world know,not about delusions,it can b said for every economy around the world,i can say Indian economy stands at $4 trillion not the publized $1.3 trillion,Pakistan stands at $1 trillion,U.S stands at $30 billion and Russia stands at $10trillion"

I have compared to other countries I've been to, in addition to IMF estimate. You compare to what to go to that conclusion? I don't know if you ever been outside India, but if you have not, especially to countries in East Asia and the West, refrain yourselves before going to speak your thought.

yes Chinese cities r awesome but again what it have to do with GDp,so in ur nation GDP is measured by the beauty of the city or by the number of skyscrapers,have u even heard the name Dubai,Kuala lumpur-they r awesome cities-and by ur method then UAE and Malaysia should have been the the biggest economies in the world.

UAE and Malaysia surely will be among the biggest economies if having the population as China.

Again an attempt to take a shot at India,nobody here is denying the rise of China,please visit the rapidly changing Indian cityscape before making comments,and for god sake dont bring n Vietnam in between,Thanks

I have read about economies of Asian countries, especially China and India, for last ten years to have overall pictures.
My point here in this topic is that between GDP growth figures announced annually by governments and real growth of countries are very different

Last edited:
That mean the gap between Mumbai, Delhi and the remaining of India is very big.

i think that will b around a combined $200 billion,Indian economy is around more than $1.4 trillion,now calculate the gap,ur south eastern prodigy make u much more intelligent than Indian's for calculation purpose as claimed by many chinese here,now arrive with the answer

I have compared to other countries I've been to, in addition to IMF estimate. You compare to what to go to that conclusion?.

unless u run world bank or imf,its little hard for me to accept ur figures,as i have also been to many nation and like earlier i said i to can throw delusional figures,but fortunately i will not

They will be among the biggest economies if having the population as China..

exceptions-Germany and japan,u.k and Spain and almost numerous other nation's,economy does not require population,dont take that as an explanation for ur economy size

I read about economies of Asian countries, especially China and India, since ten years ago. My point is that between GDP growth figures announced annually by governments and real growth of countries are very different ..

again ur view,not intrested,back everything with official sources,otherwise dont bother to make statements that eventually invite other people to troll

Man you need to read my previous post. China's started economic liberalization 12 years before India did. And once again Infrastructure is not a measure of GDP. In 2000, China's per capita income is less than what India has now. Nobody said, it is easy to achieve what china had achieved. But there's no reason to think it can't. India has potential to achieve it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom