What's new

Tunisian Armed Forces ( Pictures & Videos )

Nice Pictures I hope soon Tunisia starts working on building its Air Force and Navy

Hopefully, but the problem is, building a considerable air and naval force out of what Tunisia currently has would cost a lot of money and a heavy budget that the country can't afford right now. therefore the policy is dealing with the imminent and close future threats first then when the economy gets better, there will be a lot of work to do.
The current threat to the country's stability and military/security forces are terrorist groups and not other countries since so far Tunisia has no disputes with its neighbours or anyone else. Consequently, the first things that have to be built and sustained are a well trained and well equipped special forces, a strong intelligence agency different from what the country had until now (working on that after announcing both the creation of the new agency last year and an intelligence school, the Americans are helping a lot as well) and acquiring helicopters and UAVs capable of providing constant surveillance, CAS and deploying troops quickly and effectively, thus comes the purchase of Black Hawks and Battle Hawks in addition to the Kiowa warriors and the whole AGM missiles package and so on, in addition to a sufficient number of MRAPs and armored vehicles (Kirpi, Ejder Yalcin, and many others).
There are few steps however towards building the Navy and Air Force slowly
Starting from this year Tunisia will receive the first of its four MOPV 1400 Damen ships

IMG_0110.jpg

and the F5 tigers are retiring soon, there are few rumours and news here and there about a new aircraft to replace it by the start of 2020.
I guess they'd probably be some Vipers.

Last edited:
oh god it's called OPV 1400 not MOVP hhh OPV stands for Offshore Patrol Vessel 1400
and i say JAS 39 would be better choice as it's Lower cost per hour flight cost

oh god it's called OPV 1400 not MOVP hhh OPV stands for Offshore Patrol Vessel 1400
Mostly a Typo mistake...

As for the choice of Fighter planes... Well In our current "training" and "alliances"
A F-16 will mostly be the case...since the US is selling refurbished ones... like the pcs sold to Indonesia...
So it's the only Full fledge Aircraft that could be delivered rapidly... and be cost effective (at Buying and using)...
even more...when some TN pilots did train on them in the past...

i still prefer the JAS it's cheaper and i read about some talking that our pilots are already trained on them as tunisia before 2011 revolution was negotiating for them

Read somewhere that its name is rather Multi Service Offshore Patrol Vessel Damen 1400 :p:
sorry if the acronym was wrong.

Mostly a Typo mistake...

As for the choice of Fighter planes... Well In our current "training" and "alliances"
A F-16 will mostly be the case...since the US is selling refurbished ones... like the pcs sold to Indonesia...
So it's the only Full fledge Aircraft that could be delivered rapidly... and be cost effective (at Buying and using)...
even more...when some TN pilots did train on them in the past...

i still prefer the JAS it's cheaper and i read about some talking that our pilots are already trained on them as tunisia before 2011 revolution was negotiating for them

the closest and most realistic option so far especially given our relationship with the US and maintenance and flying costs is the F16. HOWEVER, we might be surprised.
read somewhere that there was a Tunisian-Egyptian interest in the Rafale around the years 2013 and 2014.
that and the Mirage 2000 thing, with Qatar getting the Rafale, F15 and Typhoons Tunisia might eventually receive the 12 Qatari Mirage fighters.
found this beautiful pic in another forum, I don't know if the one who posted it got it from somewhere else himself or it was his own design but the camouflage is just beautiful.

30492910.jpg

about the OPV i got the name from the Official Website

and regarding the JAS 39 and F16

PER-HOUR-GRIPEN.jpg

PER-HOUR-F-16E.jpg

jasvsf16.PNG

regarding Mirage 2000 it's joke and very old

about the OPV i got the name from the Official Website

and regarding the JAS 39 and F16

PER-HOUR-GRIPEN.jpg

PER-HOUR-F-16E.jpg

regarding Mirage 2000 it's joke and very old
Flight cost are less nowadays and it's based on "WEstern" cost... SInce Wage/fuel/maintenance etc... is way less in Tunisia...

Jas is better in term of maneuverability and BVR armament ( Meteor Missile better then AIM 120 )
maneuverability in today warfare is not the most important thing... and the difference btw the two is not big either...
As for Armement, it's the same. Meteor or AIM it's the same for TN purpose...
F-16 spare parts and in the long run...will be cheaper for TN...

We will mostly buy refurbished ones... so the overall cost btw the two will be more interesting toward f-16

and in terms of maintenance JAS is easier and cheaper to maintain ( you can replace the engine in 1h ) and it's a short take off and landing fighter it can land in roads

Well...TN do not have proper roads for cars... let alone for Fighter jets...
If suggest that eke out every last bit our of those F5s. Those planes are beautiful, and TN doesn't really have any enemies for it to be an urgent issue.
Investing heavily in the economy and education and other things will sure make TN an economic power, which would free up a lot of funds for future purchases, possibly in the 2030s when the economy is in good shape.

I guess we'll know about it soon enough.
There has been a lot of talking about the 2020 purchases, my money remains on the F16 though.
It was always the closest, been hearing about it since 2009 and 2010 (there was actually a rumour at the time that they tested it in Sidi Ahmed air base).
All the clues just hint at it.

If suggest that eke out every last bit our of those F5s. Those planes are beautiful, and TN doesn't really have any enemies for it to be an urgent issue.
Investing heavily in the economy and education and other things will sure make TN an economic power, which would free up a lot of funds for future purchases, possibly in the 2030s when the economy is in good shape.

They're very beautiful birds indeed, and in a good shape as well

10275510.jpg

14163361483_aeb1c07232_o.jpg

20141011.jpg

1*TJ7SmdSgODuuIN81gZJtoA.jpeg

it got even upgraded just lately, so even if it got replaced by another aircraft, I think it will still serve as a training jet and a second line fighter.
However, it can't remain as the Air Force's backbone for much longer, it's getting older and an alternative has to be introduced.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom