What's new

TTP propaganda shows drop tanks, claims to have shot down F-16.

its not pylon my friend.
5 pylon/wing rack
jungli-jpg.73804

external fuel tank/unexploded ordinance - ok, but what about the weapon station, how did that fall off ? no official statement from PAF on it ?

5 pylon/wing rack
jungli-jpg.73804

external fuel tank/unexploded ordinance - ok, but what about the weapon station, how did that fall off ? no official statement from PAF on it ?

PAF doesn't need to give any explanation as it didn't lose any F16 to any ground fire. Must be some scrap from American F16 in Afghanistan.

TTP claiming they shot an F-16 through MANPAD

View attachment 65917

The Taliban spokesperson, however, said that the arrested suspects in connection with attack on Malala were never active Taliban members, adding that they may have been arrested during the 2009 operation in Swat valley and had been missing since then.

“The Taliban central command system is fully secure and active and is successfully attacking key targets of Pakistan Army,” Shahid said.

He also claimed that the Taliban shot down a military fighter jet through an anti-aircraft missile in Shawal area
F-16 Crashes in Afghanistan; Pilot Killed | Military.com

They maybe are using debris of a US F-16 for propaganda purposes.

i only see drop tanks.

@gambit can you identify the parts pls?

@Oscar
only drop tank looks legit rest is all garbage just like TTP itself

I have to agree with you on this , Taliban do not have any MANPADS. They have antique weapons of soviet era. At best they have RPG that can only bring down a chopper flying at low heights.
People think that they must have very advanced weapons provided by RAW, CIA and MOSAD. But they are sandal wearing men, with no protective gears, with no medical facilities and with out-dated weapons. I have seen numerous videos of TTP, which go unnoticed due to pashto langauge, they have expressed many times that they could have been in better position if they had anti-aircraft guns.
This is an asymmeteric warfare. And use of suicide bombings and IEDs is actually a desperate measure of weak against strongest and technologically advanced armies with state's resources at their disposal.
they have 14.5 MM cannon / shilka platform they have brought from Afghanistan
which has downed some helicopters.

the jets operate beyond the range of anything TTP can throw at them including the MANPADS. the jets are gone before the bombs hit the ground.

They even can't shot down our cobras helicopters .... Leave the F16 Alone
they have shot down cobras with RPGs and ambushed them with 14.5 mm

Last edited:
something went wrong here but PAF will never told us as saab-2000 . f-16 not shot down but why drop tanks and now bomb are on ground with their hard points attached to them ?
In an emergency, the pylons can be jettisoned if the pilot feels a need to have as clean a config as possible, and in the case of external tanks that still -- or may still -- contains fuel, it may be better to do an emergency jettison and be as clean of external fuel as possible, which includes the pylons.

You can see the pylons attached to the tanks at timestamps 00:30, 00:57, and 1:15.

There is no credibility to this story from the Taliban. We do not know when the photos were taken and their situations. We have no reports of a missing or recovered pilot from the USAF. For what we have and think about, this is just another propaganda fluff piece.

In an emergency, the pylons can be jettisoned if the pilot feels a need to have as clean a config as possible, and in the case of external tanks that still -- or may still -- contains fuel, it may be better to do an emergency jettison and be as clean of external fuel as possible, which includes the pylons.

You can see the pylons attached to the tanks at timestamps 00:30, 00:57, and 1:15.

There is no credibility to this story from the Taliban. We do not know when the photos were taken and their situations. We have no reports of a missing or recovered pilot from the USAF. For what we have and think about, this is just another propaganda fluff piece.

F-16 pylons are not ejectable - F-22 and F-35 yes!

they say "supply creates its own demand" .. there are people willing to feed on any garbage that shows the "Mujahideen" overcoming the Infidel technology. so same pictures might be used elsewhere by "Muslim brothers" to claim they have downed Turkish, American or Israeli F-16 and in TTP's case shooting down a PAF F-16

in Islamabad city, well "educated" urbanites feasting on the propaganda of the terrorists that Pakistan had bombarded the Red Mosque with white Phosphorus bombs etc .. even the duelers living next door chose not to correct this misconception.

some crashed Pakistani and American drones (non UCAVs) are showcased as Predators and Reaper drones in their videos. with claims that they were shot down although they too fly way beyond the range of whatever TTP can throw at them.
I would have shared a video where the tracers are flying in the air after an interview of Hakim ullah but I cant locate it anymore.

I looked up one of the fallen part , its TER 9A triple ejector rack made by Marvin Engineering.

The fact that the part fell shows something did go wrong and by now its almost a given that the inquiry for this would have already be done ( or under way ) and the Techs/Airmen who attach the ordnance will be the first to be questioned.

The TER attachment looks like this when loaded.

DF-SD-02-00869.jpeg

I don't think this resulted in loss of aircraft else the parts would be burned and charred, TTP as usual is acting like the puffer fish.

The one worrying thing that I can think of and a line that PAF would probably be investigating, is if some TTP-sympathizer airman tried to sabotage the firing/release mechanism.

I looked up one of the fallen part , its TER 9A triple ejector rack made by Marvin Engineering.

The fact that the part fell shows something did go wrong and by now its almost a given that the inquiry for this would have already be done ( or under way ) and the Techs/Airmen who attach the ordnance will be the first to be questioned.

The TER attachment looks like this when loaded.

DF-SD-02-00869.jpeg

I don't think this resulted in loss of aircraft else the parts would be burned and charred, TTP as usual is acting like the puffer fish.

The one worrying thing that I can think of and a line that PAF would probably be investigating, is if some TTP-sympathizer airman tried to sabotage the firing/release mechanism.

This TER is just an adapter to maximize 3 warheads. Hard-point is on the top......

Then explain the news video.

exactly... You do see the wingtanks including the pylons in the field... And the landed plane has clearly not the fuelpylons beneath the wing...

Looks like jettison all stores and heading home procedure. Even the bomb has still the pylon attached so that the arming procedure is not happening and the bombs did not explode...

Back
Top Bottom