What's new

Truth of the 1971 war

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ with we have more than 90000 pow after two weeks of war,we certianly had an upper hand moreover our army captured ,more than 13,000 km² of land was also captured by our forces,do you think these two are not enough to solve the Kashmir issue.but the pressure from US prevented much loss to Pakistan.but we have gained the Kargil heights during this war i think u know its strategic importance

^^^ with we have more than 90000 pow after two weeks of war,we certianly had an upper hand moreover our army captured ,more than 13,000 km² of land was also captured by our forces,do you think these two are not enough to solve the Kashmir issue.but the pressure from US prevented much loss to Pakistan.but we have gained the Kargil heights during this war i think u know its strategic importance
We have to understand one more thing regarding Kashmir. In case of BD, we helped MB and got out of there. And that too, when local populance was helping us and we avoided direct fight with and reached straight to Dhacca.
In case of Kashmir, we have to take control of area where people for last 25 years are living as Citizen of Pakistan. What would have happened if we have taken control? What if they remain hostile to India? What if that local populance consist of some retired Service personnel.
It was not only US. It was great game of Cold War going on between US & USSR. Even USSR also told India that any further move in west will cause trouble.
If you go through the link I gave in last mail, you will find than even after very determined push by Nixon for leaking the info to press regarding aid India has recvd from US, it took 2-3 days before than info appeared in press. Now was this simple burecracy or somebody was taking different side...is can only be guessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom