What's new

Trump's Twitter account "permanently" suspended

The US Congress should reverse section 230 (I think that is what it is) to take away their immunity.

If you or anyone else feels that they have too much power, they should lobby for that to happen.
We extended legal protections to social media platforms based on the beliefs that as believers in 'free speech' with legal protection from the American public (via Congress), the principle of 'free speech' would gain even greater prominence and reinforce the US as the best defender of 'free speech'. In return, as there is no greater prestige from that approval, these social media platforms would financially benefit in their business model which is selling targeted advertisements. To use the cliche, it is 'win-win' situation for everyone.

So yes, am all for stripping that protection and I will lobby my representatives for that. Assuming Twitter and Facebook have not bought them off already.

Republicans have gone into full blown terrorist mode. Seems like the government/authorities underestimated how much damage republican radicalization efforts have done to the country and now are scrambling to prepare and implement our own 'war on terror', this time it relates to domestic republican terrorists.

If Republicans don't stop inciting violence/hatred, than this country is going two ways:

1.) Full blown crackdown/War on terror on domestic Republican terrorists for indefinite time period
2.) 10-30 year civil war that will end America as we know it

Either way, Republicans will drag the country down if they don't reverse course.
So much for "Freedom of Speech". And whatever happened to protecting the opinion you disagree with.

Turns out liberals only wish to hear the speech they agree with.

Liberals and Conservatives here are very different than the kind you have in Pakistan. The Conservatives here are not religious like you think and are very degenerate. Ask your Pakistani friends in America.

Republicans have gone into full blown terrorist mode. Seems like the government/authorities underestimated how much damage republican radicalization efforts have done to the country and now are scrambling to prepare and implement our own 'war on terror', this time it relates to domestic republican terrorists.

If Republicans don't stop inciting violence/hatred, than this country is going two ways:

1.) Full blown crackdown/War on terror on domestic Republican terrorists for indefinite time period
2.) 10-30 year civil war that will end America as we know it

Either way, Republicans will drag the country down if they don't reverse course.

Liberals and Conservatives here are very different than the kind you have in Pakistan. The Conservatives here are not religious like you think and are very degenerate. Ask your Pakistani friends in America.
Civil war being fought by people like the guy who tased himself in the balls and died from a stroke?

tbh I’m torn on this issue.

However, Twitter is a private company, and has a right to dole out suspensions or bans if their terms of service are violated.

There is a fairly new app Made specifically for conservatives to congregate at called “Parlor” Perhaps he might go that route

Usual stealth trolls will still come here with their own narrative tho

Well many conservatives now feel that parlor is a safe haven where they can speak freely. I wouldn’t classify myself as a right winger in the Trumpian sense.

But I still might join just to check it out snd see what the vibe is.

They are using Parlor to plan and stage an attack on the Capital during inauguration. You can bet Parlor will go down soon if they don't enact moderation measures.

They are using Parlor to plan and stage an attack on the Capital during inauguration. You can bet Parlor will go down soon if they don't enact moderation measures.

I’m with you on that.

no doubt, it will go down if there’s a whiff of Wacky morons planning to attack the capital during inauguration.

Those Qanon Folks should be dropped off on a deserted island to circle jerk one another.

Its childish trying to block someone or a group these days.

Its childish trying to block someone or a group these days.

It is not if you're trying to protect your democracy. What's happening should not be downplayed. Those people tried to storm the Capitol building and get their hands on politicians to kill them or hold them hostage. It could have been a lot worse.

Back
Top Bottom