What's new

Trump Yells and bangs phone on the Australian PM

It has been reported that President Trump “yelled” and hung up the call which he was having with Malcolm Turnbull, the Australian Prime Minister. This was their first conversation together last Saturday.

read more: Trump Yells and bangs phone on the Australian PM

Trump seems to have a habit of yelling on the phone at foreign leaders, first the Mexican President and now Australia's PM. Would he dare yell at Putin and Xi? :lol:

Trump seems to have a habit of yelling on the phone at foreign leaders, first the Mexican President and now Australia's PM. Would he dare yell at Putin and Xi? :lol:
He has a great relationship with Putin, him and Trump can become good friends.

As for China, lets see what Trump does.

https://www.globalvillagespace.com/2017/02/02/trump-yells-bangs-phone-australian-pm/

It has been reported that President Trump “yelled” and hung up the call which he was having with Malcolm Turnbull, the Australian Prime Minister. This was their first conversation together last Saturday.

The one hour allocated to the call ended abruptly within 25 minutes as Trump hung up on the Australian PM, when he got in a row over a refugee swap deal that the president has blasted as “dumb” and a “very bad deal.” He accused the Australian PM of sending to the US the next ‘Boston bomber’.

The story was first leaked out by the Washington Post which reported that Trump got annoyed when Malcolm Turnball insisted that the US stand by the deal agreed with former President Barack Obama and take the 1200 refugees.

Speaking to the Press Malcolm Turnbull has denied that it was anything but courteous. He said, “Look, I’m not going to comment on a conversation between myself and the President of the United States other than what we have said publicly, and you can surely understand the reasons for that.” He went on to say, “I’m sure you can understand that. It’s better these conversations are conducted candidly, frankly, privately. If you’ll see reports of them, I’m not going to add to them.”

However, it has been reported that Trump called the call “the worst so far”. He also tweeted:

✔@realDonaldTrump
Do you believe it? The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!

Senator McCain, Chairperson of the Senate Arms committe has condemned the conduct of President Trump and has called the Australian Ambassador to the US to apologise.

When reporters asked him about the conversation he replied: “This, in my view, was an unnecessary and frankly harmful open dispute over an issue which is not nearly as important as United States-Australian cooperation in working together, including training of our marines in Australia and other areas of military cooperation and intelligence.

LOL!! Malcolm Turnbull doesn't want the refugees either

Last edited:
Well, he may or may not be a disaster in his policies but here's no denying that the overwhelming majority of US news media, academia and intellectuals are pro-Democrat liberals and portray every move of his in a negative light - a most peculiar position. I do not rely anymore on the mainstream outlets like WSJ, Time, NYT, etc. and have restricted myself to judging his actions instead of dramatic accounts of phone calls by people who were not present or who refuse to be named.

Entertainer-in-chief.

It is difficult to write an academic article on Trump's policies as he is not a politically intelligent person, but if you are in news-making business, you will have a great time, especially, in satirical writing.

upload_2017-2-4_12-50-34.png

Trumpster on a Roll: Roasts Aussie PM, Sours Relations With Another Western Ally

Russia-Insider

Australia joins the growing ranks of America's military allies who just aren't feeling Washington's love anymore

Dean Parker

If you believe The Washington Post, on call with the Aussie PM Trump attacked his counterpart:

President Trump blasted Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull over a refugee agreement and boasted about the magnitude of his electoral college win, according to senior U.S. officials briefed on the Saturday exchange. Then, 25 minutes into what was expected to be an hour-long call, Trump abruptly ended it.

At one point, Trump informed Turnbull that he had spoken with four other world leaders that day — including Russian President Vladimir Putin — and that “this was the worst call by far.”

Now the horrible WaPo certainly has an interest in drawing Trump as a caricature (cute how they're shocked he got along better with the Russian president), but the Australians are confirming the story:

Trump was "yelling" on the phone with Australia's prime minister, hung up mid-conversation, Australian TV reporting pic.twitter.com/rVaMi4ob7M

— Bradd Jaffy (@BraddJaffy)
February 2, 2017

Also Trump certainly did complain about the deal Obama made with Australia in no uncertain terms:

Do you believe it? The Obama Administration agreed to take thousands of illegal immigrants from Australia. Why? I will study this dumb deal!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)
February 2, 2017

Washington Post continues:

A Back-Up Place To Live: Panama

Trump’s behavior suggests that he is capable of subjecting world leaders, including close allies, to a version of the vitriol he frequently employs against political adversaries and news organizations in speeches and on Twitter.

“This is the worst deal ever,” Trump fumed as Turnbull attempted to confirm that the United States would honor its pledge to take in 1,250 refugees from an Australian detention center.

U.S. officials said that Trump has behaved similarly in conversations with leaders of other countries, including Mexico. But his treatment of Turnbull was particularly striking because of the tight bond between the United States and Australia — countries that share intelligence, support one another diplomatically and have fought together in wars including in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This is too funny. The former WWE wrestler badgering leaders of western states without any regard for whether they helped prop up the wars of Bush and Obama or not. Hopefully Australians will remember and next time the Americans invite them to share a quagmire they will decline.

After Germany and France this makes for another important US vassal state whose relations with the Imperial capital took a hit because of Trump.

That has certainly been a welcome side effect of Trump's anti-immigration jihad. Both US and countries like Australia would benefit from more independence from each other -- after all when they hook up it's usually to invade some place (Iraq) or threaten somebody (China).

Back
Top Bottom