What's new

Trump will not be welcome in Muslim countries: Qatar Airways chief

Manidabest

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Days after Donald Trump called for barring Muslims from entering the US, a Qatar Airways executive warned the US Republican presidential frontrunner that “he will not be welcome” in the Muslim world.

“I can say that the reaction as a Muslim, I have taken offense to this, and especially when it is coming out from a friend of mine,” Qatar Airways Chief Executive Officer Akbar Al Baker said, claiming he is friends with Trump.

Saudi Prince Alwaleed calls Trump a disgrace to US, asks him to quit presidential race

“I didn’t expect him to be so naïve to make such statements,” he added.

Further, the airline’s top official said he believes Trump was trying to gain a political mileage out of his anti-Muslim rhetoric. “[H]e is not realising what he is mentioning is detriment (sic) to his own interests in the election,” he said.

“He is also not realising that he has investments in Muslim countries and he will not be welcome there anymore. So I think what he is saying is not in the best interests of the relationship between him and the Muslim world,” Al Baker added.

However, the CEO claimed that he anticipated focus of the US elections will soon shift. “I think there will be a lot more important issues for him. You know he’s already getting a lot of negative reaction from even very pro, and very right-wing politicians, so I think this will die down eventually and people will think about more important issues that is now facing the United States,” Al Baker said.

Trump’s Dubai real estate partner strips his image, name from luxury golf project site

Trump triggered an international uproar when he made his comments in response to last week’s deadly shootings in California by two Muslims who authorities said were radicalised. However, during his campaign rallies, Donald Trump has repeatedly claimed he has Muslim friends who support what he is proposing.

This article originally appeared on CNN.

The yanks have a thing where they wont allow someone to travel over their air space. Trump could be tried with this method as well. just dont allow him to travel over your airspace :p:.

I was watching homealone 2 the other day and trump was in it if only people knew his future:lol:

when a person be come in power (as money gold silver or dignity ) his internal human being be come out. (HAZRAT ALI RAZIALLAH O ANHO.)

What Trump has said is stupid - and has been rightly condemned by all. However, it does seem somewhat ironical for a Saudi prince to say anything at all about religious discrimination - given the regime and the family that he belongs to and the way they treat people of other faiths and races. It would help us all get some perspective if the prince shares his thoughts on treatment of other faiths & other races by his family and the government that he represents.

Meanwhile, if I remember correctly, there was a news report about Saudis offering to fund mosques for Syrian Muslim refugees in a European nation. I would really like to know how many refugees of Christian or other faiths (say Yazidis) has Saudi Arabia offered to house, and how many churches and other houses of worship did they allow to be built in their kingdom for these poor folk.

Days after Donald Trump called for barring Muslims from entering the US, a Qatar Airways executive warned the US Republican presidential frontrunner that “he will not be welcome” in the Muslim world.

“I can say that the reaction as a Muslim, I have taken offense to this, and especially when it is coming out from a friend of mine,” Qatar Airways Chief Executive Officer Akbar Al Baker said, claiming he is friends with Trump.

Saudi Prince Alwaleed calls Trump a disgrace to US, asks him to quit presidential race

Further, the airline’s top official said he believes Trump was trying to gain a political mileage out of his anti-Muslim rhetoric. “[H]e is not realising what he is mentioning is detriment (sic) to his own interests in the election,” he said.

“He is also not realising that he has investments in Muslim countries and he will not be welcome there anymore. So I think what he is saying is not in the best interests of the relationship between him and the Muslim world,” Al Baker added.

However, the CEO claimed that he anticipated focus of the US elections will soon shift. “I think there will be a lot more important issues for him. You know he’s already getting a lot of negative reaction from even very pro, and very right-wing politicians, so I think this will die down eventually and people will think about more important issues that is now facing the United States,” Al Baker said.

Trump’s Dubai real estate partner strips his image, name from luxury golf project site

Trump triggered an international uproar when he made his comments in response to last week’s deadly shootings in California by two Muslims who authorities said were radicalised. However, during his campaign rallies, Donald Trump has repeatedly claimed he has Muslim friends who support what he is proposing.

Less competition for Hindus in getting US visa.8-)

CAN YOU see the Irony here? So the Muslim country(s) that discriminate against immigrant minorities and other religions is lecturing Trump on his mere words.

LOL

Even he does not believe many of the things he said.

But in democracy, it's the number of votes you get that counts. And he is saying things to get votes.

What is alarming is not that he is saying these things, but that after saying these things, his poll numbers go up.

Back
Top Bottom