What's new

Trump hasn’t ordered Pentagon to withdraw troops from Afghanistan

a--team

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
My take is that 2019 is going to be an interesting year as far as Afghanistan is concerned!
There is a strong international, regional and internal consensuses in the process of being formed that will ultimately see peace returning to the country. I think all actors have come to a realization that their interests are best served in this (imposed) conflict coming to an end sooner than later!

I am cautiously optimistic that 2019 will be defining year!

/Peace
-------------------------

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-pentagon-to-withdraw-troops-from-afghanistan

I guess it was just propaganda to demoralize afghan forces.

My take is that 2019 is going to be an interesting year as far as Afghanistan is concerned!
There is a strong international, regional and internal consensuses in the process of being formed that will ultimately see peace returning to the country. I think all actors have come to a realization that their interests are best served in this (imposed) conflict coming to an end sooner than later!

/Peace

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...-pentagon-to-withdraw-troops-from-afghanistan

Good to see that you are alive and kicking -- hope your family is safe too.

More like psy-op on the "'white' nationalists" to get them to believe there is some deep state that opposes trump to blame for trump not doing any of the foreign policy ideas like pull out of the Middle East and end NATO.

If you visit any and all "'white' nationalist" forum, they are thinking trump is play 1D chess fooling the media and everyone into thinking trump is a warmongering buffoon, only to be privately a 'send them home' populist patriot, but the sinister deep state of hillary clinton and obama stop trump from closing down bases and putting 'murica first.

Yawn. Conspiracy crazies of Alex Jones.

When trump leaves the white house finally, there will still be Washington regime bases in Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq.

/Peace

Glad to hear you are back! If you are indeed A-Team of old.

More like psy-op on the "'white' nationalists" to get them to believe there is some deep state that opposes trump to blame for trump not doing any of the foreign policy ideas like pull out of the Middle East and end NATO.

If you visit any and all "'white' nationalist" forum, they are thinking trump is play 1D chess fooling the media and everyone into thinking trump is a warmongering buffoon, only to be privately a 'send them home' populist patriot, but the sinister deep state of hillary clinton and obama stop trump from closing down bases and putting 'murica first.

Yawn. Conspiracy crazies of Alex Jones.

When trump leaves the white house finally, there will still be Washington regime bases in Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq.
Of course, when has the US not left military bases?

ANSF is fighting this imposed conflict already on its own, the complete withdrawl will have minimum affect on the ground. On the contrary it will steal the Talis of any argument of fighting against foreign forces. The ANSF is taking casualties but is holding all population centers and with the time and complete overhaul of the leadership which is happening the casualties level is already going down. The bottom line is that the NUG can sustain this casualty rate and shit of the opinion of the common man on the ground has already shifted which clearly showed in the 3 days ceasesfire. The Talis are afraid of 3 months ceasefire because after 3 months there will be no footsolders left for them :P

Thank you my friend @pakistani342. All is well, hope you and your family are doing well. 2019 is going to be an interesting year, looking forward to it. There has been a transformational change happening on the ground as far governance is concerned, with a generation of young leadership taking charge and old guard being sent packing. The Talis narrative is also losing steam and I forsee an end the Talis movie plot this year.

/Peace

Hey you are back. Good to see you. :)

ANSF is fighting this imposed conflict already on its own, the complete withdrawl will have minimum affect on the ground. On the contrary it will steal the Talis of any argument of fighting against foreign forces. The ANSF is taking casualties but is holding all population centers and with the time and complete overhaul of the leadership which is happening the casualties level is already going down. The bottom line is that the NUG can sustain this casualty rate and shit of the opinion of the common man on the ground has already shifted which clearly showed in the 3 days ceasesfire. The Talis are afraid of 3 months ceasefire because after 3 months there will be no footsolders left for them :P

Thank you my friend @pakistani342. All is well, hope you and your family are doing well. 2019 is going to be an interesting year, looking forward to it. There has been a transformational change happening on the ground as far governance is concerned, with a generation of young leadership taking charge and old guard being sent packing. The Talis narrative is also losing steam and I forsee an end the Talis movie plot this year.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/...lties-toll-afghan-forces-181123115957675.html

f7a31ea8eb144c0fbe90777885ede9cd_18.jpg

NEWS /AFGHANISTAN
upload_2019-1-4_15-10-53.jpeg

'Will never rejoin': Record casualties take toll on Afghan forces
Since 2015, nearly 30,000 Afghan soldiers and police have been killed, President Ashraf Ghani revealed this month.

23 Nov 2018 GMT+3
As the Taliban maintain an upper hand in the 17-year Afghanistan conflict, casualties in the country's beleaguered security forces are reaching what experts warn are unsustainable levels.

US army chief says death toll of Afghan security forces is unsustainable

Lt Gen Kenneth McKenzie says Afghan forces cannot secure the country without help

Reuters in Washington

Tue 4 Dec 2018 16.26 EST

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...ll-of-afghan-security-forces-is-unsustainable

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/world/asia/afghanistan-security-casualties-taliban.amp.html

The Death Toll for Afghan Forces Is Secret. Here’s Why.
merlin_106307521_dc974b89-3905-4bf9-8ef0-3f0bc5873301-jumbo.jpg

A member of the Afghan National Army training with United States Army soldiers in Helmand Province in 2016. The Afghan government keeps casualty rates among its security forces a secret, along with information on attrition and recruitment.CreditAdam Ferguson for The New York Times

By Rod Nordland

• Sept. 21, 2018
PUL-I-KUMRI, Afghanistan — Taliban insurgents killed so many Afghan security forces in 2016, an average of 22 a day, that by the following year the Afghan and American governments decided to keep battlefield death tolls secret.

Man,long time no see.

ANSF is fighting this imposed conflict already on its own, the complete withdrawl will have minimum affect on the ground.
DRA Army armed to teeth was thinking same, when USSR left,rest is history.
On the contrary it will steal the Talis of any argument of fighting against foreign forces.
Their argument about kabul Govt is simple
"It is foreign imposed regime on Afghanistan and it must end"​
The ANSF is taking casualties but is holding all population centers and with the time and complete overhaul of the leadership which is happening the casualties level is already going down.
You know ANSF can do jack shit without US Air Power and SoF units.
The Talis are afraid of 3 months ceasefire because after 3 months there will be no footsolders left for them :P
Then why don't you sign one for an year?

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/...lties-toll-afghan-forces-181123115957675.html

f7a31ea8eb144c0fbe90777885ede9cd_18.jpg

NEWS /AFGHANISTANView attachment 530784
'Will never rejoin': Record casualties take toll on Afghan forces
Since 2015, nearly 30,000 Afghan soldiers and police have been killed, President Ashraf Ghani revealed this month.

23 Nov 2018 GMT+3
As the Taliban maintain an upper hand in the 17-year Afghanistan conflict, casualties in the country's beleaguered security forces are reaching what experts warn are unsustainable levels.

US army chief says death toll of Afghan security forces is unsustainable

Lt Gen Kenneth McKenzie says Afghan forces cannot secure the country without help

Reuters in Washington

Tue 4 Dec 2018 16.26 EST

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...ll-of-afghan-security-forces-is-unsustainable

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/world/asia/afghanistan-security-casualties-taliban.amp.html

The Death Toll for Afghan Forces Is Secret. Here’s Why.
merlin_106307521_dc974b89-3905-4bf9-8ef0-3f0bc5873301-jumbo.jpg

A member of the Afghan National Army training with United States Army soldiers in Helmand Province in 2016. The Afghan government keeps casualty rates among its security forces a secret, along with information on attrition and recruitment.CreditAdam Ferguson for The New York Times

By Rod Nordland

• Sept. 21, 2018
PUL-I-KUMRI, Afghanistan — Taliban insurgents killed so many Afghan security forces in 2016, an average of 22 a day, that by the following year the Afghan and American governments decided to keep battlefield death tolls secret.

The ANSF has been standing since 2014 when around 100000 foreing military left and it will stand. These drums were sounding louder back then and nothing changed, there is transformational change happening in the country and foreign backed proxies wont be able to a thing about it my friend :) Check out latest education, commerce ... stats.

/ Peace

The ANSF has been standing since 2014 when around 100000 foreing military left and it will stand. These drums were sounding louder back then and nothing changed, there is transformational change happening in the country and foreign backed proxies wont be able to a thing about it my friend :) Check out latest education, commerce ... stats.

/ Peace
whatever you say man...good to fantasize. :enjoy:

Man,long time no see.

DRA Army armed to teeth was thinking same, when USSR left,rest is history.

Their argument about kabul Govt is simple
"It is foreign imposed regime on Afghanistan and it must end"​

You know ANSF can do jack shit without US Air Power and SoF units.

Then why don't you sign one for an year?

1. No frankly Ashraf Ghani did offer a 1 year long ceasefire but the Talis or their foreign masters understand that the moment they accept this long of ceasefire, they will be no foot solider left.

2. Yes US airpower is helping no doubt but there is an organic Afghan airforce in the making and its beating the crap out of the Talis, let me share a recent video.

3. DRA held the ground against, the battle of Jalalabd is a good case in point where the the bearded idiots from across the border were sent on a one way ticket to hell. Why DRA fell is another topic of discussion.

Apologies for the spelling mistakes....
/Peace

whatever you say man...good to fantasize. :enjoy:

Stating the facts my good friend :)

Here is a latest video on how things are changing on the ground!

Back
Top Bottom