What's new

Trolling and hate?

Slav Defence

THINK TANK VICE CHAIRMAN: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am very sad to see that most of PDF members are acting like total jerk.Not a single thread is left without hate and trolling.Posters become animals over tiny issues,where as remaining ones with some sense adopt stealth trolling via manipulation and teasing.
From my life experience,I have learnt that if you want to know someone's reality,give him/her anonymity.

I ask you that do I/we need to develop protocol for everything?Don't any of trolls have some shame left?
Please do not respond with counter reasons,hate for others and blame game.Take first step by accepting your own fault.This website welcomes sane people to take part,not some gutter minded fools with no morals or who are not mature enough.
This thread is not a rant nor some death knell.This is like a meeting,maybe some of you realize your responsibility and stop trolling.

Regards

Restrict various nationality members to their specific country defence, social, economic threads.

Only allow senior members with less than 10 negative ratings to move around to other country sections.

Problem solved.

I also have a request to the administration. Many times, in a technical thread, like threads related to tanks etc, members and pdfians(sometimes including myself) commenting do not have knowledge of the topic and are just there to be a cheer leader or to bash other. There should be strict supervision under which ONLY PROFESSIONALS SHOULD be ALLOWED to DEBATE and share their opinion.
I hope the forum administration will look into this suggestion.
@Horus etc

I also have a request to the administration. Many times, in a technical thread, like threads related to tanks etc, members and pdfians(sometimes including myself) commenting do not have knowledge of the topic and are just there to be a cheer leader or to bash other. There should be strict supervision under which ONLY PROFESSIONALS SHOULD be ALLOWED to DEBATE and share their opinion.
I hope the forum administration will look into this suggestion.
@Horus etc
I appreciate that you realized at least.The problem is that posters are not realizing this in the first place.
Instead of bashing or cheer leading it was much better if you people question over things which you don't know to our experts.Instead you all are killing each other,almost.

regards

if everyone starts acting mature,,,widout some teasing n stealth trolling forum will become bland
hope forumers dont take it to heart,,,:angel:

if everyone starts acting mature,,,widout some teasing n stealth trolling forum will become bland
hope forumers dont take it to heart,,,:angel:
No,it will improve actually and things will work well.Sane and kind people will get attracted and students doing research will come here.This website's credibility will increase.You have member's club to troll,not formal sections.

regards

Major motive behind trolling is hate. It's very much clear to every one here, whose hate is for whom.
See the threads with SU-35 and check the level of hate spiting. There goes Rafale and no one bothers, even this is Pakistani defense forum.
All this is increasing day by day uncontrollable.
Not true
I troll the Pakistanis but i do not hate them :)

I am very sad to see that most of PDF members are acting like total jerk.Not a single thread is left without hate and trolling.Posters become animals over tiny issues,where as remaining ones with some sense adopt stealth trolling via manipulation and teasing.
From my life experience,I have learnt that if you want to know someone's reality,give him/her anonymity.

I ask you that do I/we need to develop protocol for everything?Don't any of trolls have some shame left?
Please do not respond with counter reasons,hate for others and blame game.Take first step by accepting your own fault.This website welcomes sane people to take part,not some gutter minded fools with no morals or who are not mature enough.
This thread is not a rant nor some death knell.This is like a meeting,maybe some of you realize your responsibility and stop trolling.

Regards
When mods troll or promote hatred ....all you can do without breaking forum rules is make a sarcastic comment....which in other words is trolling....

Not true
I troll the Pakistanis but i do not hate them :)

When mods troll or promote hatred ....all you can do without breaking forum rules is make a sarcastic comment....which in other words is trolling....
Trolling means:
1-Abusing nationality
2-Harassment
3-Show-off of ill-informed knowledge
4-Troll threads
5-Manipulation
6-Representing CT as facts
7-Get messed up and driving others crazy
9-Vulgarity
10-Profanity in name of sarcasm

regards
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have not initiated this thread to learn definition of trolling.I want to ask that how many of you could give up trolling?

Restrict various nationality members to their specific country defence, social, economic threads.

Only allow senior members with less than 10 negative ratings to move around to other country sections.

Problem solved.

The only problem I can see with what you are saying is that philosophically such an exclusivist approach causes a social structure to shrink. So if the aim is to grow the forum, then such measures should be used only on individual basis vetted case by case. Blanket application of them will shrink the forum.

We can not control every aspect of human nature. But there are other ways to "control" the way the human nature is expressed so that things can remain sane and the forum remaining beneficial to all. One would be to make the threads interactive. That is by push of a button, the thread shrinks in size and only the recommended posts (this can be defined in several ways eg. likes, ratings, senior member, etc) are displayed. This way one can go through the thread without having to read the "odd" posts. I do not know whether the forum structure allows for such a function though.

Another way would be for certain threads to be tagged by special moderators (senior mods) as "No Trolling Allowed". Such a thread's heading then can be displayed in another color and/or font. In such a thread then another set of anti-trolling rules take hold which would be more severe and unforgiving.

Yet another way would be a reward system. For example there can be various categories of persons of the month: the best poster, the best professional, the most humane, the most polite, the most enlightened etc who will get a positive rating or something else as a reward, as well as their names are announced in a special thread by the admins.

Long story short, the blanket bans and a super-structuralist approach does not work in dynamic societies. In a dynamic society, a certain kind of social human behavior has to be developed called culture which then makes things beautiful. For this you will need to create dynamic system management that can respond to such situations. Formation of a socio-cultural committee for PDF, would be a good start where a select few members can formulate such tools and approaches and then announce it to admins and public users for "ratification" and implementation.

Hard approach should always remain the last resort. It should be there but only as the last resort. And even then a certain level of playfulness and trolling is necessary for "lubricating" the forum.

All those members who would like to give up trolling,make announcement here.

regards

i hardly saw any Pakistani commenting on purely indian threads... like their politics, rafaels , development etc... but they always come up with something irritating on the subjects which dont belong to them in any case.. it is pure hate towards Pakistan. they cant see us doing something good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom