What's new

Trio Face Corruption, Cheating Charges

GUNNER

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Three Pakistan cricketers and agent face corruption and cheating charges

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has authorised charges of conspiracy to obtain and accept corrupt payments and also conspiracy to cheat against Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Asif, Salman Butt and Mazhar Majeed.

Simon Clements, Head of the CPS Special Crime Division, said:

"We have decided that Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Asif, Salman Butt and their agent, Mazhar Majeed, should be charged with conspiracy to obtain and accept corrupt payments and also conspiracy to cheat.

"These charges relate to allegations that Mr Majeed accepted money from a third party to arrange for the players to bowl 'no balls' on 26 and 27 August 2010, during Pakistan's Fourth Test at Lord's Cricket Ground in London.

"Mr Majeed has been summonsed to appear for a first hearing at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court on 17 March.

"Summonses for the same court date have been issued for the three players and they have been asked to return to this country voluntarily, as they agreed to do in September last year. Their extradition will be sought should they fail to return.

"The Crown Prosecution Service has been working closely with the Metropolitan Police Service since the allegations of match-fixing became public on 29 August 2010.

"We received a full file of evidence on 7 December 2010 and we are satisfied there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction and it is in the public interest to prosecute.

"I would remind everyone that these men are entitled to a fair trial and should be regarded as innocent of these charges unless it is proven otherwise in court. The International Cricket Council tribunal is due to announce its decision tomorrow, but criminal proceedings are active now.

"It is extremely important that nothing should be reported which could prejudice the trial."

Three Pakistan cricketers and agent face corruption and cheating charges

Its just to mak Pakistan lose by taking out main players. Salman Butt is a great opener. You surely know Aamir.

We all have seen the loopholes in the case, and we even know about the background of the magzine. Its Bharti, Mazhar Majeed is a bharti too and his wife is in the paper that blamed Pakistani players. Mazhar has been doing things similar and owns booqies.

If you arent believeing me then I have got proof...

Damn, the video got deleted off youtube, but I have it on my hard drive.

Off The Record 30th August 2010 - Match Fixing Allegations

Search for the episode, and you find you answers. THe first time I saw Pakistani media taking side of the trio.

Regards.

Its just to mak Pakistan lose by taking out main players. Salman Butt is a great opener. You surely know Aamir.

We all have seen the loopholes in the case, and we even know about the background of the magzine. Its Bharti, Mazhar Majeed is a bharti too and his wife is in the paper that blamed Pakistani players. Mazhar has been doing things similar and owns booqies.

If you arent believeing me then I have got proof...

Damn, the video got deleted off youtube, but I have it on my hard drive.

Off The Record 30th August 2010 - Match Fixing Allegations

Search for the episode, and you find you answers. THe first time I saw Pakistani media taking side of the trio.

Regards.

Quit the conspiracy theory, man. Great players, all three of them, really? Potentially yes but they weren't great yet.

The investigation and inquiry might have been dubious, but to say that everybody is trying to thwart Pak's chances of winning the WC is going a bit too far!!!

How are they great players (trio) with whom Pakistan lost the matches, and without them won the ODI series in NL ?

Lol with logic....

BTW..
"I would remind everyone that these men are entitled to a fair trial and should be regarded as innocent of these charges unless it is proven otherwise in court. The International Cricket Council tribunal is due to announce its decision tomorrow, but criminal proceedings are active now. It is extremely important that nothing should be reported which could prejudice the trial."

Obtaining and accepting corrupt payments can result in a seven-year sentence and unlimited fine. The maximum sentence for cheating is two years.

PCB had created havoc with not naming captain and making grouping in the team with afridi at one end and at other hand misbah almost got in clash with each other with this with recent history in the team fighting for captaincy it was said to be could have happen but with ALLAH help it dident what i dont like when salman butt said misbah should be captain who he is saying and creating havoc also in the team with this im sure he is corrupt and i have bad feeling for him he said it becoz he knows if his ship is going to sink he has respoinisbility to sink the ship of pak cricket he should be life banned hope and asif too and amir hope survives

IM anti salman buttttt now

There was no God dame proof for anything, thats all bull, does a picture taken with the bookie prove anything, or does a bookie counting money can prove anything?

Atleast Amer was innocent, darn he was just 17, for God sake

good atleast scotland yard can help cleaning some of the garbage we have in national team , an example should be made and they should bear the brunt for the damage they have done to the name of pakistan

How are they great players (trio) with whom Pakistan lost the matches, and without them won the ODI series in NL ?

Lol with logic....

BTW..

seems like u missed an year of cricket, asif and amir won us many matches and their pace bowling was considered the front line of max pakistan attack... asif n amir couple had become very famous in those days, we were hoping a lot from them in this world cup

u must be dreaming till now....

If anything bad happens to them. PCB shares the responsibilty..

Back
Top Bottom