Trichy Assault Rifle

Water Car Engineer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
GZYUO93.jpg

FaEvAX0.jpg

Developed by one of the OFBs, developed from FAL rifles produced in India. Supposed to be a cheap alternative to Eastern European AKs, etc..

Crude looking.

Last edited:
Did Kalashinkov sue india over this one or some other?

Also wasnt this cancelled?

Did Kalashinkov sue india over this one or some other?

Also wasnt this cancelled?

No, India made a direct copy of an AK. Russians brought up IP rights. That AK copy is dropped.

Trichy isn't canceled, its just not meant to arm the army, but paramilitary forces, police, etc.

No, India made a direct copy of an AK. Russians brought up IP rights. That AK copy is dropped.

Trichy isn't canceled, its just not meant to arm the army, but paramilitary forces, police, etc.

take a good look at this rifle... its also an AK copy .. as for paramilitary n cops.. sources would be helpful brah.. heard it was cancelled/not selected hence the question.. thanks.

pVHdTyF.jpg

XgTc1yQ.jpg

UJxHgLd.jpg

Qdw3ybe.jpg

take a good look at this rifle... its also an AK copy .. as for paramilitary n cops.. sources would be helpful brah.. heard it was cancelled/not selected hence the question.. thanks.

It's not a copy of an AK. It's basically a FAL that can take an AK banana clip with 7.62x39mm.

And it's not cancelled, I haven't heard anything about it being cancelled.

fal_page.jpg

FAL

XgTc1yQ.jpg

Trichy

Last edited:
pVHdTyF.jpg

XgTc1yQ.jpg

UJxHgLd.jpg

Qdw3ybe.jpg

It's not a copy of an AK. It's basically a FAL that can take an AK banana clip with 7.62x39mm.

And it's not cancelled, I haven't heard anything about it being cancelled.

fal_page.jpg

FAL

XgTc1yQ.jpg

Trichy

AK Gas piston..

P.S: Dont think you will like the finishing ... just like INSAS...

It's a light slim AK with some inspiration from the FN fal, I don't understand why it's so special?

It's a light slim AK with some inspiration from the FN fal, I don't understand why it's so special?

Where did you read it's special and is it meant for special forces ??

OFB is an entity which can take inspiration from some of the most beautiful weapons out there, and make the rip off ugly as ****.

Nothing special, it's an attempt by one of the ordinance factories.
That explains it. Still, it's not a bad attempt, even if it s basic. Might be popular in the civilian market though, if it's cheap enough.

Where did you read it's special and is it meant for special forces ??
Where did you read special forces? All I meant was that why it deserved a thread of it's own.

That explains it. Still, it's not a bad attempt, even if it s basic. Might be popular in the civilian market though, if it's cheap enough.

Indian civilian gun market is nothing like Pak. Most people r not at all interested in guns(plus the guns aren't any cheap either) n mostly u'll find some airgun, pistol or rifle at max. at normal people house that too many in UP, Bihar, MP area which r kept by small businessman...:)

An AK type machine gun would be an overkill in India:lol:

Back
Top Bottom