What's new

Training with the F-16I (Israel)

the uae's f16's have ge f110-132 with 144kn thrust
israel has pw f100-229 eep with 129.7 kn

You just answered your question, that you posted earlier (quoted below).Thanks!!

We are NOT a threat to Israel, plus if you can afford to pay extra, you can insure that you get the latest tech.

Secondly, what you have quoted is the tip of the iceberg, but it should give you a very good idea what the Blk 60 is capable of.

Best Regards

the sufa's tech is largely classified. do you honestly think the usa would not give israel the best tech over anyone else?
do you now what the uae's f16's have in their dorsal spine?

the sufa's tech is largely classified. do you honestly think the usa would not give israel the best tech over anyone else?
do you now what the uae's f16's have in their dorsal spine?
What makes you think that Israel always gets the best equipment?

Israel largely modifies the hardware to suit its own unique requirements, which makes the F-16I or the Merkava best for Israel. It does not make it the best in the world.

The UAE, KSA and Qatar enjoy a different sort of relationship with the US. They have the money and access to buy top-of-the-line stuff anytime from anyone. If the US doesn't sell, Russia and China will.

F-16I: 30~35% hardware and software components are replaced by the new equipements.

F-16 Blk 60 : around 70% hardware (including the radar and engine) and nearly 100% software components are replaced by the new ones.

So I think it is needless to say that which one should be the better Falcon............

The UAE currently has Blk 60, or in reality Blk60+, because every since their induction a decade ago, there have been upgrades.

Blk 61 is on order. Once the order is fulfilled, the remaining vipers will be upgraded to Blk61 standards.

Do compare Blk52+ Soufa with Blk 60, when you have time.

Thanks!!
UAE put the rights on selling similar F16 to any other country.. Don't know what's in their. Why UAE add this clause in that particular type. Isreali modify their F16, according to their need. They have modern facility. I think better then Turkey. Because somwhere read, Turkey also send their F16 to Isreal for some modifications........any clue ?

What I know is a different story. Start with the engines please.

Thanks!
Pratt & Whitney will provide full engine maintenance, including logistical forecasts, management, upgrades, and spare parts.

Source: Israel defense ministry signs F-15 and F-16 engine maintenance contract with Pratt & Whtiney

Meanwhile, a third senior officer said that the two F-15 squadrons are flying platforms that date back to the 1970s, but that only the exterior of the platforms are actually that old.
The avionics, communications, command and control, and mission capabilities are all in line with 2015,” the source said.

Source: Israel: Major air force exercise held in busy skies

We can assume that the same apply to F16I.
You can see from the above, that only the exterior of the plane stay the same, all other get yearly updates.
As for the question which is the best F16
For Israel? I'd go with F16I
In the world? Not enough information to determine such a thing.

We can assume that the same apply to F16I.
You can see from the above, that only the exterior of the plane stay the same, all other get yearly updates.
As for the question which is the best F16
For Israel? I'd go with F16I
In the world? Not enough information to determine such a thing.

There is, but it would kill you, to admit it.

There is, but it would kill you, to admit it.
it wouldn't kill me to admit a fact, but in order to compare 2 planes u need to examine both.
As said before, sufa is classified, and for good reasons.
I do agree that only paper, it would seem that block 60 is better than F16I, but u tend to forget that those planes are going under yearly modifications, and engine isn't all.
As I wrote before:
“The avionics, communications, command and control, and mission capabilities are all in line with 2015,” the source said.

Source: Training with the F-16I (Israel) | Page 2
Also, strong local industry and continous upgrades to the fighter jet plays a big part in today's modern world.
I can only conclude that their's not enough information in order to decide which one is the best.
But I can admit tho, that block 60 surpass the F16I in some aspects.

In wikipedia, it is written that block 60 has better engine,radar,and can be weaponize with wider variety weapons.
If I look on what the Israeli source said, only the exterior of the IDF planes (body of the plane and the engine) ain't under yearly upgrades, and now with the new deal to buy new engines, I'd say Israel covered that part.

Last edited:
it wouldn't kill me to admit a fact, but in order to compare 2 planes u need to examine both.
As said before, sufa is classified, and for good reasons.
I do agree that only paper, it would seem that block 60 is better than F16I, but u tend to forget that those planes are going under yearly modifications, and engine isn't all.
As I wrote before:
“The avionics, communications, command and control, and mission capabilities are all in line with 2015,” the source said.

Source: Training with the F-16I (Israel) | Page 2
Also, strong local industry and continous upgrades to the fighter jet plays a big part in today's modern world.
I can only conclude that their's not enough information in order to decide which one is the best.
But I can admit tho, that block 60 surpass the F16I in some aspects.
As usual your hatred is blinding you.

Read post#11 & 15 again.

As usual your hatred is blinding you.

Read post#11 & 15 again.
I talk about technical information, not about politics.
I did say that the ENGINE of the F16 block 60 is BETTER than F16I.
I also said, that the IDF gets new engines under a new deal & that engine isn't the WHOLE plane.
I don't know why I need to repeat something I already wrote .

Last edited by a moderator:
Please stop with that hate thing, cause I don't hate muslims nor arabs so please, I talk about technical information, not about politics.
I did say that the ENGINE of the F16 block 60 is BETTER than F16I.
I also said, that the IDF gets new engines under a new deal & that engine isn't the WHOLE plane.
I don't know why I need to repeat something I already wrote .

As far as technical info goes, the contract with P&W (for the Soufa) is for engine maintenance, not newer higher thrust engines. Understand the difference? I'm sure you will play dumb so let me spell it for you.

The Soufa has the Pratt and Whitney F100-PW-229, 29,000lbs thrust engine, which btw the PAF also operates
The Blk 60 on the other hand has the GE F110-132, 32,000lb thrust engine.

Secondly the radars. The Soufa has the APG-68V9, whereas the Blk60 has the, APG-80 radar.

Now you can go back to touting the Soufa as ..........................Number 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Going by your history on this forum, yes you do hate Muslims and Arabs.

As far as technical info goes, the contract with P&W (for the Soufa) is for engine maintenance, not newer higher thrust engines. Understand the difference? I'm sure you will play dumb so let me spell it for you.

The Soufa has the Pratt and Whitney F100-PW-229, 29,000lbs thrust engine, which btw the PAF also operates
The Blk 60 on the other hand has the GE F110-132, 32,000lb thrust engine.

Secondly the radars. The Soufa has the APG-68V9, whereas the Blk60 has the, APG-80 radar.

Now you can go back to touting the Soufa as ..........................Number 2
I never said I hate arabs nor muslims, and u can look where ever u want in the forum.
As for the engine, it did say upgrades, what would that mean in your opinion?
as for the radar, I admit that the radar in blk 60 is better.
@500 care to comment on the issue?
And I never said that Sufa is better, I did say that their are many thing that need to be examined.
It is ONE of the most advanced F16 currently in the world, with yearly updates from the IAF & Israeli industries.
Mainly Avionics (Communication systems and main computer) and countermeasures in form of EW suite.

I never said I hate arabs nor muslims, and u can look where ever u want in the forum.
As for the engine, it did say upgrades, what would that mean in your opinion?
as for the radar, I admit that the radar in blk 60 is better.
@500 care to comment on the issue?
And I never said that Sufa is better, I did say that their are many thing that need to be examined.

Mainly Avionics (Communication systems and main computer) and countermeasures in form of EW suite.
Blk 60 - Engine is better, Radar is better. Now you want me to go into CM & EW - Not gonna happen.

Blk 60 - Engine is better, Radar is better. Now you want me to go into CM & EW - Not gonna happen.
I don't care whether Israel F16 is the best or not in the world.
I only care that it suits Israel's needs.
u wanted to state that the blk60 is the best, in order to do so u'll need to examine all the parts of the plane.

UAE put the rights on selling similar F16 to any other country.. Don't know what's in their. Why UAE add this clause in that particular type. Isreali modify their F16, according to their need. They have modern facility. I think better then Turkey. Because somwhere read, Turkey also send their F16 to Isreal for some modifications........any clue ?

Turkey never have let israel modernized the F-16 fleet, our F4 are modernized by Israel. And the thing is America allow Israel to install some hardware to ther fighters, if yankees forbid to install ther hardware they can't and never will be able to install!!!

That is the difference, and they are a decade ahead with electronics and software. The old block 30 fighters are now allowed by the americans to install our own hardwares and softwares. Our block 30 F16 are flying with Turkish mission computer and software. Every update of a block 30 is a step for our own fighter program, testbed sensors and weapons are used on the block 30.

We have installed targeting pod on our new block 50+, and with the permission are we using our own targeting pod:-).

No matter how much advanced F-16's UAE have but Israel have upper hand in every technology transferred by USA.
America makes sure that no country in middle east could get the technology which can challenge Israel's strategic capabilities. This is why i believe that Gulf Countries really need to balance their foreign policy regarding their relations with US and Russia.

Back
Top Bottom