What's new

Traditions of Regiments

Abdur_Ruffay

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So I would just like to ask how are the traditions in the different regiments, I feel as if we don’t talk about our army enough or much at all, so I would just like to know for how are the traditions in each regiment (for infantry specially but armory, artillery and ordinance are more than welcome) so for example I presume that the Northern Light Infantry would probably be different from the Sindh Regiment, again I heard that the history for each are different as well so some basic recaps of that from any of the experts here?

So I would just like to ask how are the traditions in the different regiments, I feel as if we don’t talk about our army enough or much at all, so I would just like to know for how are the traditions in each regiment (for infantry specially but armory, artillery and ordinance are more than welcome) so for example I presume that the Northern Light Infantry would probably be different from the Sindh Regiment, again I heard that the history for each are different as well so some basic recaps of that from any of the experts here?

This is a fascinating area, many regimental traditions go back to British days and some are from experiances in war. Some regimental nicknames are also derived from history. Many mess traditions are also unique to regiments.

This shows many British Regiment traditions

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/49348/49348-h/49348-h.htm#Page_23

Also worth noting many Regimental traditions and British style service dress were done away with during 70's Bhutto era

Back
Top Bottom