What's new

Tracking China's Muslim Gulag

Should this method of "reducating Muslims" be copied and implemented in other countries?

• Yes

• No

• China should be an exception.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Roybot

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
China is accused of incarcerating hundreds of thousands of Muslims in detention camps that are rising from the desert sands in Xinjiang. A forensic analysis of satellite images of 39 of these facilities shows they are expanding at a rapid rate.

A United Nations panel has accused China of turning its far-flung western region of Xinjiang “into something that resembled a massive internment camp shrouded in secrecy, a ‘no rights zone’.” It estimates that there could be as many as one million Muslims who have been detained there.

Former detainees describe being tortured during interrogation, living in crowded cells and being subjected to a brutal daily regimen of Communist Party indoctrination that drove some people to suicide. Most of those who have been rounded up by the security forces are Uighurs, a Muslim ethnic minority that numbers some 10 million. Muslims from other ethnic groups, including Kazakhs, have also been detained.

China rejects the allegations that it has locked up large numbers of Muslims in re-education camps. The facilities, it says, are vocational training centers that emphasize “rehabilitation and redemption” and are part of its efforts to combat terrorism and religious extremism.

The crackdown includes tight control over information and access to the region. Xinjiang is now one of the most heavily policed areas in the world, according to academics and human rights groups. This follows the launching of a “people’s war on terror” in 2014 after a series of violent attacks in Xinjiang and other parts of China that authorities blamed on religious extremists.

While China says the Uighur camps are vocational training centers, they are heavily guarded. Researchers have resorted to using satellite imagery to view and track the expansion of these facilities.

Reuters worked with Earthrise Media, a non-profit group that analyzes satellite imagery, to plot the construction and expansion of 39 of these camps, which were initially identified using publicly available documents such as construction tenders. The building-by-building review of these facilities revealed that the footprint of the built-up area almost tripled in size in the 17 months between April 2017 and August 2018. Collectively, the built-up parts in these 39 facilities now cover an area roughly the size of 140 soccer fields.

campdots-lg.jpg

police.jpg

tower.jpg

road.jpg

sidegate.jpg

China is accused of incarcerating hundreds of thousands of Muslims in detention camps that are rising from the desert sands in Xinjiang. A forensic analysis of satellite images of 39 of these facilities shows they are expanding at a rapid rate.

A United Nations panel has accused China of turning its far-flung western region of Xinjiang “into something that resembled a massive internment camp shrouded in secrecy, a ‘no rights zone’.” It estimates that there could be as many as one million Muslims who have been detained there.

Former detainees describe being tortured during interrogation, living in crowded cells and being subjected to a brutal daily regimen of Communist Party indoctrination that drove some people to suicide. Most of those who have been rounded up by the security forces are Uighurs, a Muslim ethnic minority that numbers some 10 million. Muslims from other ethnic groups, including Kazakhs, have also been detained.

China rejects the allegations that it has locked up large numbers of Muslims in re-education camps. The facilities, it says, are vocational training centers that emphasize “rehabilitation and redemption” and are part of its efforts to combat terrorism and religious extremism.

The crackdown includes tight control over information and access to the region. Xinjiang is now one of the most heavily policed areas in the world, according to academics and human rights groups. This follows the launching of a “people’s war on terror” in 2014 after a series of violent attacks in Xinjiang and other parts of China that authorities blamed on religious extremists.

While China says the Uighur camps are vocational training centers, they are heavily guarded. Researchers have resorted to using satellite imagery to view and track the expansion of these facilities.

Reuters worked with Earthrise Media, a non-profit group that analyzes satellite imagery, to plot the construction and expansion of 39 of these camps, which were initially identified using publicly available documents such as construction tenders. The building-by-building review of these facilities revealed that the footprint of the built-up area almost tripled in size in the 17 months between April 2017 and August 2018. Collectively, the built-up parts in these 39 facilities now cover an area roughly the size of 140 soccer fields.

campdots-lg.jpg

police.jpg

tower.jpg

road.jpg

sidegate.jpg
+his is bad .

World most racist and anti-muslim people showing fake sympathy for weeghurs:rofl:

Yellow journalism = using the word muslims instead of weeghurs! There are hui and different types of muslims in china who are doing fine. I already debunked the weeghurs issue multiple times already.

World most racist and anti-muslim people showing fake sympathy for weeghurs:rofl:

Yellow journalism = using the word muslims instead of weeghurs! There are hui and different types of muslims in china who are doing fine. I already debunked the weeghurs issue multiple times already.

You should have read the article. The "re-education" program is open for all Muslims, and one can find other Muslim communities as well.

Muslims from other ethnic groups, including Kazakhs, have also been detained.

I remember Chinese guy @haidian was trying to convince me that these re-education camps are nothing but schools, and it is very common to have barbed wire fencing and walls in Chinese schools.

Is this how a school in China is supposed to look like? I wonder what sorta schools need electric fence and watch towers :rofl:

road.jpg

sidegate.jpg

You tell me. As far as I am concerned, I couldn't care less about Muslims, and I hope every Islamic separatist movement around the world is crushed the same way the Chinese crushed the Uyghurs.

so you post some random pictures from western media and claim it's "reeducation camp"? I have a bridge to sell you.

campdots-lg.jpg

police.jpg

tower.jpg

road.jpg

sidegate.jpg

Wonder where all our Muslims friends are now? No protest, no statements, Muslims are a bunch of hypocrites.

Imagine if Australia were to start such "re-education" camps. Think of all the the whining and whinging.

Yeah, our Muslims friends will blow us all up if we were to start this, I mean they already do, but it will get worse, but I think we should, actually all countries should deport Muslims, and don't allow them in.

Yeah, our Muslims friends will blow us all up if we were to start this, I mean they already do, but it will get worse, but I think we should, actually all countries should deport Muslims, and don't allow them in.
So much hate for muslims :enjoy:

Fake news created by the west and spreaded by the Indians as always

Today's Xinjiang enjoyes peace and prosperity with zero terrorism, highest GDP growth rate in whole China, tourism is booming, locals enjoy 15 years free education from kingdergarten to high school with free food , daily diary , accomodation and healthcare. Poor families enjoy free government built earthquake proof housings and welfare.

What India provides for their people?

Cities in Xinjiang now can beat any western cities in modernity with first class airports, subways, highways and high speed railyways, Xinjiang puts all western countries in shame, so we can understand their burning jealousy.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom