What's new

Tracer rounds

A1Kaid

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
640px-Tracer_fire_at_MCB_Camp_Pendleton_DM-ST-89-00210.jpg

Anyone have tracer rounds, I'm getting a stock of tracers they're really fun to shoot.

in Lahore? If you do post some details where you acquired it from.

640px-Tracer_fire_at_MCB_Camp_Pendleton_DM-ST-89-00210.jpg

Anyone have tracer rounds, I'm getting a stock of tracers they're really fun to shoot.

I/anyone can get them, no problem. It's just that the places I shoot at don't like them. KILLJOYS !!!

I/anyone can get them, no problem. It's just that the places I shoot at don't like them. KILLJOYS !!!

Yeah many firing ranges don't permit them because they're known to cause fires or burns. Though you can always find a safe spot in the wilderness or outdoors or in the mountains and practice there.

I got a couple of them... saving em for a "party".. 26 jan.. :D

Nice which caliber rounds do you use .223 , 5.56?

Tracer Ammo : Ammo To Go

They got them all. Even shotgun.

That's nice their prices are reasonable too. Have you bought tracers from them before? How was the quality and glow? Some tracers of low quality don't ignite so it depends which brand you buy from and quality control.

But I think Ammo To Go is a pretty-well known ammo online store, so it should be fine.

Yeah many firing ranges don't permit them because they're known to cause fires or burns. Though you can always find a safe spot in the wilderness or outdoors or in the mountains and practice there.

Nice which caliber rounds do you use .223 , 5.56?

5.56,7.62.... bought a few thousand rounds a couple of years ago.. :D

Tracer Ammo : Ammo To Go

They got them all. Even shotgun.

Shotgun? :|

They are a reputable source. I've never bought tracers from them but I've bought regular 5.56 rounds. Yeah, they have rounds for 12 gauge but it says they are out.

Few thousand, damn, how much do they cost in Pakistan?

Dunno bro.. actually my father bought em...

Apart from tht also have the Russian AP rounds (from Afghan war)... :D

Bought the 5.56 (green) tracers from Jinnah arms,Quetta in 2009///

tracers heat the barallel very quickly , they can spoil the barellel , these are useful for night firing to see where machine gun burst is going otherwise not recomended to fire too many of these in hunting rifles

tracers heat the barallel very quickly , they can spoil the barellel , these are useful for night firing to see where machine gun burst is going otherwise not recomended to fire too many of these in hunting rifles

It depends on which type of tracers you're using. Bright tracer rounds do not ignite until they immediately exit the barrel and come into contact with air, but the best tracers to use are the ones which ignite approx 10 yards out after exiting the barrel so ignition takes place a safe distance away.

As far as heating the barrel very quickly compared to standard ammunition that may be true but it really depends on the specific tracer rounds, what exact material your barrel is made from (some barrels are coated with materials and chemicals that disperse heat faster), and other factors. So it's not always the case that tracers will heat the barrel very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom